How long does it take to hit 2pl8 bench?

How long does it take to hit 2pl8 bench?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vBdL47glReiNALmFw1_ieRg6nMYaJ5OFlmidJ9nUNNM/edit?usp=drivesdk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How long is a piece of string?

Depends how fat you are when you start

took me 6 months on Stronglift for 5 reps

3 months to 2 years, depends on the individual, on average.

From complete beginner? If you're skinny and been sedentary your whole life 12-18months, if you're fit and played sports as a teenager about 6 months

I'm a weak fatfuck with the ambition to hit 2pl8s and I need some input. My tested 1rm is a pityful 85kg at 88kg bodyweight. Does anyone have a program to recommend to reach 2pl8? How long did it take for you guys to hit it?

Are you doing a proper, sticky recommended beginner routine like SS or a routine you cooked up yourself?

Take a look at the Texas Method.

Instead of alternating between bench week and press week focus on bench week with press on recovery days.

Add a couple of backoff sets to your intensity days for your bench with volume weight.

You're welcome

The latter. And I guess there's my answer. I really enjoy going to the gym so I'm not very fond of programs like ss since the frequency is so low. I've been doing something like four days of benching, one day of deads, one of squats and one rest day per week.

Maybe I should just stick to ss or greyskull or something...

One year with good genetics, two year with lanky arms.

Thanks man, I'll look into it.

do stronglifts then. 5x5 is a lot of volume for a beginner

Depends on the individual, and moreso on the starting point when talking about "how long it takes to reach" 2pl8 bench.

If you are a 6'3 260lb fatso it should take no more than 6-8 months, since 220lb is more or less your body weight when you are within normal bf% range, and bodyweight bench is alright (stronger than 90% of the popuation in my opinion).

If you are a 5'7 120lb twink or a 6'3 160lb skeleton, it could take from 1 year to 2 years, and having a 2pl8 bench in that case would be more than your bodyweight, even more if you are short, and that is stronger than 99% of the population.

Just my opinion, bench press is most dependant on your bodyweight to begin with.

Don't forget the bar path is shorter for big people as well.

What do you mean? Wouldn't taller people have longer arms and therefore longer bar path?

Yes, taller and thin sure, but if they're fat the larger torso circumference means the bar makes contact sooner. Imagine a fat person losing a lot of weight. As the torso shrinks, the bar is gonna have to travel farther and farther before it touches.
I've seen fat people with wide grip benches have a ROM that's basically a third of my regular bench ROM.

2pl8 = ? Kilos

Took me 5 months

I got 3pl8 on my first day. Everyone's different. Just be yourself bro.

5'7" 150lbs here, one and a half year in and nowhere near close to 2pl8.
That's because I don't train well though, if you eat a lot and train well it should be attainable at worse within 2 years.
Don't listed to the "hurr I did it within 6 months" faggots, they're fat fucks with horrible form who think their 1RMs mean shit.

100 kilos, counting the bar
1 plate refers to 20kg on each end of a barbell, assuming the barbell is also 20kg.

Took me three months from 60kg to 100kg for 1 rm doing chest 3 days a week
Monday @ 10 sets x 8 reps flat bench
Wednesday @ 10 sets x 8 reps slightly inclined
Friday @ 10 sets x 8 reps slightly declined
Weight should be so you just finish the 8
Increase when needed

How much is 2pl8s in kilograms?

>in that case would be more than your bodyweight, even more if you are short, and that is stronger than 99% of the population.
Is this true? I just recently did bodyweight bench for 5 reps the first time the other day, and I was happy that I made that benchmark, but I refuse to believe 99% of the population can't do it. I bet more than 1% can do it untrained, even.

What's there to think about bro?

2pl8s is 2pl8s you fucking mong

It depends on ;
your weight start
your bodyfat start
your routine
length of arm and clavicles
aslo genetics for the T level and muscle insertions.
It is different for everyone bro, just lift don't put yourself stupid goal like 2pl8 bench, just lift hard everyday

100kg

100kg

>four days of benching
Unless you're using steroids, that's WAY too frequently, and you're actually SLOWING DOWN your progression. The muscle needs time to recover, if you hit it again before it can do so, you're destroying the hard work you put in previously.
I got my 2 plate bench a couple months ago, I've been an on-again/off-again gym guy for decades (mostly off-again, sadly.) The fact that I'm older now convinced me to give myself more recovery time between workouts, and oddly enough (or not maybe,) my gains have been faster this time around than ever before

But what if you split the volume you'd do on two or three days into four days instead?

Most guys cant BW bench, above BW is getting into 0,99%

No it's not you dumbfucks, unless you have some kind of 20kg gold bar.

2 plt is 225 pounds

Sheiko

Yes you retard a standard bar is 20Kg.

Forgot link: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vBdL47glReiNALmFw1_ieRg6nMYaJ5OFlmidJ9nUNNM/edit?usp=drivesdk

I'm in the middle of a 29/37/32 program and added (based on estimated 1rm) 30 lbs on my squat, 20lbs on my bench, and 30 lbs on my clean and jerk (switched out from deadlifts).

Standard bar is 20 kg you fucking moron.

I've been lifting since May and my 5x5 for bench is at 145. My bench is lagging behind everything else. I'm going to hit 1 plate OHP before two plate bench.

took me 4 days, started to learn the technique again this monday and did 2pl8 today
with that said, I don't train bench and have intermediate ohp and push press numbers, the carryover is real. I'm doing 110 kg next week and so on until I start to struggle, according to my press stats I should be able to progress easily to around 130 with no stalling, atleast that's when it will be proportional again kek