Is doing OHP necessary? It's such a horribly unenjoyable movement, and I make no progress in it...

Is doing OHP necessary? It's such a horribly unenjoyable movement, and I make no progress in it. I'd much rather direct my time and energy towards improving on the bench press and weighted dibs, which are more important for me, are progressing and are nice to do. I also do isolation for the triceps and shoulders, so all the muscles used in OHP are getting worked.

Will leaving out vertical pulling be somehow bad for me? I know doing a lot of horizontal pulling can lead to rounded shoulders, and that's why I'm doing a shitton of facepulls and rear delt flies.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ryystää
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>OHP
>pulling

No lift is necessary

But Id still do OHP. Its a good test of strength, and its an easy way to get lots of mires.

>skipping the manliest lift
LMAOing at your life, turn into another benchcel and fuck up your rotators

It's way more fun than doing bench. I love back/shoulder days

Strange I find it to be my favorite movement

I fucking enjoy OHP, it's my fav exercise. I believe that having my arms up, while doing a considerable amount of sets, reduces my cortisol levels enough for me to enjoy it.

the benefits of ohp is about 90% anterior delts, upper traps and serratus anterior. these three muscle groups are very easy to work without ever performing a single vertical pressing movement. if you know what you're doing you can do whatever you want and no single exercise becomes necessary.

Are you some kind of gay?

Try doing a deload and stop doing the isolations and progress the lift slowly with only good form (1-1,5kg increase per overhead workout max)

If that doesn't work I guess you can skip it if you really hate it that much but try to find a compound movement instead to replace it and not more isolations

I like it but I suck at it. I've been stuck around 95-105 for like 2 weeks. I fucking hate reloading but I guess that's the greyskull life.

>not liking The Press™

low test confirmed. The Press is the most alpha upper body exercise

its a good exercise and it trains your front delts (which helps your bench) but nobody ever progressed on it doing 3x5. do 8-12s and really destroy those shoulders

OHP is hands down my favorite lift.

I do 8x5 but right now only at 75lbs
Can I still make it?

OHP is hands /up/ my favorite lift

What does Ryys mean? Been wondering for 10 years now.

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ryystää its from finnish

I fucked up my left shoulder forever ago and OHP with a barbell aggravates it. But I use DBs and keep my elbows in and it seems to work fine. Maybe try that instead? It's a different feeling than the barbell

>Is doing OHP necessary?
no

horizontal pressing works your front delts already, and with the additional bench volume you can handle without OHP your front delts are going to be adequately stimulated

throw in raises for side delts, face pulls/rear delt raises for rear delts

>unenjoyable
How though? Squats are by far less enjoyable

But the little guy isn't even drinking anything.....

dont try to understand finnish memes

OHP is my favorite lift

this

the finnish are just better at memes than all other cultures

I like the clean and press more tbqh shit makes me feel like hercules

The OHP is the ultimate test of strength next to the deadlift. Of course you should be doing it.

Get a set of micro plates and add 2-3lbs per jump. 5lbs is too much for most people past a certain point.

You can drop it as a main lift but if you're going to bench a lot you don't want to drop overhead work entirely. Getting that ROM back once you lose it is a motherfucker.