I think I may be an alcoholic. I can't stop drinking after I start and I drink untill I blackout...

I think I may be an alcoholic. I can't stop drinking after I start and I drink untill I blackout, and I drink almost every day, alone.
What the fuck should I do, Veeky Forums? My father was an alcoholic and he squandered his life and eventually drank himself to death. I don't want to end up like him but I'm afraid I will. Please help me anons.

This is an addiction, treat it as such: get a doc, get treatment.

Stop it.

How do you afford it? I was a blackout everyday drinker when I was 19 until I was 23 and I had to quit when I moved out of my parents because I couldn't afford it

I may be poor as fuck and hardly scrape by financially but at least I'm not a retarded alcoholic making a fool of myself everyday

basically just become poor OP than it's impossible to drink alcohol

I should add I live in Ontario Canada and alcohol is very expensive here especially when you only make minimum wage and have your own apartment and bills

Just stop fucking buying. Spend one day without drinking, then, next day, spend another fucking day without drinking.

Or are you so fucking pathetic that despite hating what your dad did and was like, you're gonna become the mirror image of him?

You make me fucking sick

Were all gonna make it brah

This. If you can't stop yourself then do your damnedest to find someone or something to help you do it. You need to recognise it not just as a little problem that's probably not that bad, but as a serious issue that will fuck you very hard in the future if you let it continue. Just like smoking - no one's got cancer till they do.

get a calendar. start marking it with number of days sober. don't break that streak. feels good to write it down at the end of a day.

the desire for more and more alcohol once you start is the tell-tale sign of an alcoholic, whereas non-alcoholics can just enjoy the mild buzz. I'm the same way OP, I will try to have one or two and then go seeking the fucking bottle or go out and buy something to black out with.

Whenever you're sober for a few weeks/months and think "Hey maybe I'm cured, I can probably drink like a normal person now" then fucking think about every single bad embarrassing night or awful morning of puking your guts up, and do not go and have a drink. You'll fall right back to where you started.

Find someone to talk to about it. For many, it's AA. But it's difficult going sober alone, especially when you're around family or friends who have no problems drinking.

bad advice you don't want alcoholism on your medical records

I was the same op I started drinking daily before work after work even in the street which is illegal here. Eventually got alcoholic hepatitis and had to quit or basically die. Once it got cured I started drinking and before I knew I got it again and had to stop. Now I still drink but only do it for short periods of a week or two and then I'm clean after that for a few months. My dad has a problem with it too you just have to think about the reasons why you drink so much and try and find a distraction like lifting.

If your dad was a alcoholic and died due to his addiction then know that you are bound to follow in his footsteps. With that said, your father's father probably drank too I bet.

The point is that you are stuck in a generation curse and you were put here to break it...It's not too late to redeem your forefathers. They are dead on the physical realm but they watch you from the spirtual realm and they need you to break the curse..If you can't do it for yourself do it for your forefathers and anyone else who suffers with alcoholism.

I inherited loads of money, thats part of a problem. I keep on bouing expensive whiskeys and vines and keep teeling myself that I'll save it for some special ocasion, but I always drink it the same day I bought it
I had weeks when I didn't drink at all, but I always relapse. I think I may be as pathetic as my fater. I fucking hate myself for it, but I am.

>can't stop drinking once I start
What do you do once you run out? Please tell me that you waddle your fat drunken ass down the street for more; all the while not questioning your poor life choices. Please tell me that there are dozen times you could stop yourself, like leaving your ID in the car when shopping, but you choose to leave it up to willpower EVERY TIME even though you fail EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME. You are weak and stupid user and so, in summation, all that is left is that you impregnate a solid 4/10, and you will become him.

yeah user, my grandfather drank as well. thank you for your post, I'll try to do it for them.

>inherited loads of money
>spends it
Why do retards get so many breaks

I used to be in the same exact position. I would black out everyday for about a year.

Don't treat it as an addiction, treat it as a bad habit. Try going 3 days without, and the anxiety and somewhat instinctual need to get more alcohol starts to dissipate. Then make it a habit to not drink.

I've gone 12 days without blacking out, which has been my longest streak since July. And this has worked for me so far.

Iktf bro day 12 here too, I have alot more energy now that the withdrawal is gone

>tfw sweating, shaking and anxious for 5 days

Join AA. It really does work for a lot of people.

Read the big book
>12 steps
Don't really care if you're religious or not. It will be an important book for you. Almost all addicts who work the twelve read it, not just the alcoholics. Take it from me as someone who works at a fancy fancy drug and alcohol rehab and has seen thousands of clients succeed and fail. Work the twelve like your life depends on it, because it does. Addiction runs in the family, don't be afraid to get help like your father was.

>I drink until I blackout every day
>I *think* I *may* be an alcoholic
Uhhh you fucking think dude? lmao. Just say it. Say the words "I am an alcoholic." The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Seek help

>Don't treat it as an addiction, treat it as a bad habit
>I've gone 12 days without blacking out
And you're proud of this? That is fucking pathetic and you are deluding yourself into thinking you don't have a problem

>I used to be in the same exact position. I would black out everyday for about a year.

Fucking how? If I drink enough to black out I'm comatosed the next day and the mere scent of alcohol makes me vomit

Join AA and take it seriously, it helps

Ask your local liquor stores to stop serving you because you're an alcoholic. Go to AA

Throw out all your alcohol.

Get some help. Find a buddy.

I'm on day 13 man
And I'm doing fine
We're going to make it

Yeah you're a full blown alcoholic bro. Get some help.

Stop drinking, faggot