Why didn't you work out tonight?

What's your excuse?

30 min elliptical on an interval program. Huge calorie burn.

Nice cap to a hard week.

elliptical is not a huge calorie burner, unless you focus on keeping your torso in one place and not using momentum to take each stride. Either way don't trust the numbers the machines tell you

I did though. I'll admit I didn't hit it as hard as I wanted to but I was still kind of sore.

>What's your excuse?
I had the flu for 3 weeks, 2 days of which was 101 to 103 degree fever, felt like someone trying to drive a railroad spike through my head.
Then when I thought was getting over it I couldn't fucking breathe, it was like a steel band squeezing my chest. Now I'm on antibiotics, prednisone, and a steroidal inhaler so I can breathe, and have an intermittent fever and are constantly exhausted, get out of breath going from the computer to the goddamned *bathroom*. Not working out anytime soon at this rate.

Because I only work out 3 times a week. Should I be lifting more often as a noob who just started a month ago or am I fine?

>30 min elliptical
Aka fat bitch workout

Embarrassing

H-how'd you know?
S-steve?

The machine calorie burn is set to a standard like: a 160lb guy doing this activity will burn x calories per minute.

It's not something you should believe but there is at least a representation of potential for calories burned during that time. It's not (always) an arbitrary number.

In 30 minutes, keeping a really good pace and really pushing during the incline/resistance increase, my shirt was soaked to my shorts by the end. I also use my arms, which is what you're supposed to do, rather than rely on momentum.

>hard week

What do you Do? Work for a living??? Hahahaha wage slave

Kill yourself

Faggot

Do six days a week if you want to make any actual progress.

>b-but I need time to sit on Veeky Forums and shitpost!!

Exactly.

rest day, lifted big yesterday, and will tomorrow

Deadlift tonight bitches

If you're still here should I switch to PPLxPPL?
I've been doing gslp

imo there's no reason to do anything other than full body 3x a week until your body requires the additional stimulus to grow
if you want you can throw in some curls/core/calves on rest days but don't fuck with your programming until you start to stall consistently

I was at work. Also, I lifted this morning.

Ok thanks bro I'm seeing pretty good progress so far

Already did at 5:00am

But I did :(
Bench press
Barbell curls
Chest flies
Tricep ext
Dips
And power cleans

Its not a training day for me, but I did 3 sets of Dumbbell Rows for some extra pulling volume.

Home gym MASTER race

>get flu three weeks ago
>supposed to pull 330 for a few triples today
>be conservative and just go for 305
>struggle really hard but somehow power through
>finish rest of workout
I fucking hate getting sick

Today was a rest day

>What's your excuse?
>30 min elliptical on an interval program. Huge calorie burn.

Well I guess my excuse would be that I'm not a post-menopausal woman.

if you actually had mass like a real man, that would be a good calorie burn

But I did work out tonight, or rather this afternoon. I started lifting in November and I can't believe how much I enjoy it, how pumped I feel when I'm doing it, and how much I deprived myself for not doing it the past 10+ years of my adult life. I'm deadlifting 275 and squatting 165 and I love going in every day and progressing that little bit more.

anyone else getting fed up with the gym? i fucking dread it,it's like punching in now. back when i started in late 2009 it was fun and i was making gainz fast. but now it's a fucking grind and it pisses me off to see dudes walk in to the gym like in 2015 and lift heaver than me.

I'm gaining muscle but i feel like i'm wasting my time at the gym. after my lifts i'm still broke, shitty ass bus job,no friends,still never had a opportunity for a girlfriend after 27 years.it's just a waste? all of this work,this eating clean,and avoiding good tasting food for what? just to add another few lbs on a meaningless lift?

I ain't happy after the gym anymore,matter of fact i feel like dog shit now. Seeing all these people greeting each other in the gym girls hugging the dudes and everyone talking to each other while i walk in alone and workout alone. when someone talks to my ass they cut it short as possible leaving no room for conversation. It's sickening, after coming back from like 2 accidents and a knee surgery due to stepping in to a fucking mole hole while mowing the lawn has taken it's toll. I'm so exhausted of the grind, i don't even know why i lift, i just do. is it to become stronger? for girls? to be better than the norm? I ain't shit just like these weights I ain't got no numbers form no girls but this iron calls me.

shitty routine

What is your face like? I assume you aren't fat or skelly if you've been lifting this long. Do you talk to people?

>Do you talk to people?
I make a effort to. they always seem to distance themselves or some even get to the point of hostility. I get very nervous around people, the same feeling you get when you are about to get on a scary roller coaster. it's fucking hell dude. I want to connect with people but i can't get over this crippling fear.
> tfw my relationship experience plateaued at birth

Is your face super ugly? Have you tried not giving a fuck?

never gunna make it cos you a bitch

i learned that no one "makes it" Just chasing a unchatchable rabbit

>30 min elliptical on an interval program
>30 min elliptical
>elliptical
I found your problem. Try out a real machine like the Stairmaster (or if you don't have one then find a decent set of stairs). THAT is a nice cap to a hard week.

Bench presses, pullups, isometric squat holds with some kettlebells and finished by skipping rope for a while. It was good.

I workout first thing in the morning. Well, after a cup of coffee with cream and a giant spoon full of peanut butter.

>Then when I thought was getting over it I couldn't fucking breathe, it was like a steel band squeezing my chest. Now I'm on antibiotics, prednisone, and a steroidal inhaler so I can breathe, and have an intermittent fever and are constantly exhausted, get out of breath going from the computer to the goddamned *bathroom*. Not working out anytime soon at this rate.

Get off the computer and rest in bed. It's not true rest if you're focussed on shit and chewing up energy

(1/2)

I'm sorry to hear you feel like this, man. I'm still very new to the experience (this is me ) and I love it, I hope I can continue to love it but obviously I can't assume at this stage that that will always be the case. I've had a couple of guys come up to me in the gym and ask me how I'm lifting so much, I'm still a bit chubby, but not fat, and my muscles aren't showing at all after such a short period of time of course. I'm 6'4" and I've always been very naturally broad and strong, I don't think I work harder than anyone else, it's just inevitable that someone with my size and genetic makeup will be able to lift more than most in very short course.

It's not worth getting upset about though, I noticed a girl who must've weighed no more than 120lbs and at least a full foot shorter than me deadlifting 400lbs. And who knows if that was even her limit? For a moment I got a little bit frustrated that someone like her could lift more than me, but then I stopped and thought, first of all, she must've worked damn hard to get there so she definitely deserves it, and secondly, why does it even matter? I'm not doing this for anyone else. I'm doing this for my own health and enjoyment. Fuck what anyone else is doing, good luck to them and leave them to it, I hope they find what they want out of the experience and don't get caught up in all the bullshit.

I'm no sagely wise man, but I have changed a lot. I used to be a very angry individual who constantly spread negativity, but for my own peace of mind I decided to change and try to find the good in things. I'm not saying my words should or will help you, I just wanted to try and offer some perspective that might give you something to think about. You shouldn't be working out just because you want to attract girls, that's a secondary objective at best. If you are primarily interested in attracting women there are at least a dozen things that would take precedence over being fit and in shape.

Because I did first thing in the morning, I only work out once per day.

I used to get super nervous around people as well, but I moved to a major city when I was 20 for college, and I decided I wanted to fix that. So I started talking to people on the busses and subways. At first I'm sure people thought I was creepy, but after 3 or 4 months, I actually started getting dates, no shit. At the grocery store, I would try to say one more line to the cashier. So the usual is "Did you find everything ok?" And you say: "Yeah" But I would add something, anything: the weather for example. Eventually I got comfortable with that so I expanded from there. I'm still shit in group situations, but 1 on 1, I am now fine and one person even mentioned I was the least awkward person they knew. One of hte best compliments I've ever gotten. It can be done!

>elliptical

(2/2)

If you're not happy with your work decide on something else you'd like to pursue and go for it. If this means going to college and being broke as fuck for a few years then so be it. If you set your targets appropriately and put the right amount of effort in you can reach them. Don't pick something just to have money at the end, but do consider if a career path will offer opportunities to earn the kind of money that will give you the lifestyle you want. I don't earn mega bucks but I earn good money doing a job I love. I had opportunities to go into finance and earn 2x or 3x as much as I earn but I knew I'd hate the work so I avoided it and I'm happy with my decision every single day.

Now for some specific advice based on what has been working for me in these past 12 months. Firstly, women. Read Models by Mark Manson. There's not a lot more I can say about this book other than it will give you a very realistic approach to making yourself attractive to females. I struggled with women most of my adult life and 'got lucky' on about half a dozen occasions between the ages of 18 and 28. Then I read this book and decided to change myself. I have dates with women most weekends. I'm not a good looking guy, I had myself rated on Hot or Not years ago and came out with a 6.1 average. I have lost some weight since then and groom myself a lot better but I doubt I'd improve that score by more than 1 point.

Then consider your diet. Truthfully, I still eat like shit, but I do intermittent fasting. 1/4 of my recommended caloric intake on two non-consecutive days every week. I lost lbs like a motherfucker, and they're still going. This is perfect for me as someone who would rather not give up foods I enjoy and I am also quite a fussy eater.

Don't get down yet, bro, it's not over yet. You're still young and you've got years ahead of you for things to get better. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

Because I work out every other day and you fags keep screaming at me not to over exert myself.

I wanted to, but did not.

Ii never got the pb meme, why not just eat peanuts? I eat tonnes of them

1 Year anniversary with grillfriend.
We going out to dinner, coming home and drinking 3 bottles of wine, fucking, then falling asleep naked on the couch holding each other.

I lifted. I lift every other day.

I don't know what more you people could want from me as a natty.

Well I think its to do with pb getting digested more than nuts. When I was on my first ever bulk and I suddenly stopped putting on as much weight a wise man told me to stop counting peanuts. I did and made up the excess through other foods and my weight continued to go up.

I have no friends or hobbies outside playing video games and then I reflect about how I hate myself so much for playing video games.

I honestly like going to the gym but I havent gone all week I dont know why. I guess I stopped caring about stuff.

I did, for the first time in like 5 or 6 days :)

tfw finals are finally done

>Bench press
>Barbell curls
>Chest flies

pls dont follow his advice

dont listen to that faggit

Shiet man, how am I meant to know who to trust

I'd do my normal nightly lower body routine, but I'm tired and there is something going on with my left shoulder since yesterday. It started as a sharp pain around the top of the shoulder blade near my back, but now it's more of a discomfort unless I turn my head too far to the left(which brings the pain back until I move my head back).

Also I feel like there's a lot of shit in the area around my shoulders in general that is shifting around/popping in and out of place when I do things like rotate that shoulder. The "popping", for lack of a better word, isn't painful, but it does cause some discomfort and is probably audible to others. iirc this happened to me once or twice in the past and it stops after a few days.

I guess that's what I get for being a skinnyfat who only does cardio and body weight shit for my legs without ever lifting.

>iirc this happened to me once or twice in the past and it stops after a few days
To clarify, this is referring both to the shoulder pain and the "popping".

Rest day. I'm going to hit some mobility followed by a spot of light cardio in a little while though.

isn't your heart rate the most important factor for calorie burning