So... yeah. I fucking hate front squats

So... yeah. I fucking hate front squats.

What can I replace them with in Reg Park's 5x5 for beginners?

Any ideas?

lateral raises

Right. Thanks, come back soon.

Just do front squats, baby

Please, mom. Really don't like them.

How bad can it be to just back squat thrice a week?

Maybe hack squat?

Learn how to front squat, it's the most underrated exercise ever

Nothing. I realized that recently because I never used to do front squats. They hit your core like nothing else

Zercher squats ftmfw.

What is your issue with front squats?

>Zercher squats
lol

I could back squat 355 but couldn't front more than 185 until I learned you don't put the bar on the top of your chest/front delts but instead practically choke yourself with it and hold it on your collarbone

Seeing those front squat blood choke videos makes me not want to touch that exercise very often though

For starters don't do them like the guy in the pic is. I'll take what is thoracic extension for $400, Alex.

That could be it. I hate the bar digging in my shoulders.

Hurts. And since it hurt, I can lift next to nothing.

>Hurts
If you mean because of the bar being on your shoulders then put some padding there.

I already told you. YOU DON'T. Faggot.

Second opinion wanted.

Yeah, tried that... still uncomfortable as dicks.

Low bar squats.

Do you hate front squats for any reason other than being bad at them?

> I hate the bar digging in my shoulders
> Stop being a bitch and squat

...not really, I guess

...but mooooooooooooooom

Also, I do enjoy back squats

Never tried them. Maybe I will.

They aren't fun, they hurt my shoulders too until I stuck them in my routine and kept doing them. You gotta have the bar behind your delts, not in top of them, and raise your elbows up as high as you can.

There are two ways to do it. If you have the flexibility you put two fingers under the bar and raise your elbows. I can't fucking do it that way, broke my wrist a few years ago and my wrist isn't flexible enough. You can also do it like the guy in your pic which is how I do it, like I said, bar behind the delts, and elbows high.

They suck, they take a lot of energy, but after my core was sore from doing them I realized it was a good exercise

>practically choke yourself with it and hold it on your collarbone
wtf don't do that the bar goes on your delts

Shit, I guess I'm stuck with the little fuckers.

Thanks.

So which is it?

Consensus seems to be BEHIND delts, as close to neck as possible...

If I'm stuck with the fuckers I want to at least do them right...

no you fucking idiot the bar goes on your delts, you just have to shrug your shoulders up forward and in using your traps and keep your chest up. your grip should be about a hand wider than your press grip

if you put the bar on your collar bone it will hurt, if you put the bar against your neck you will pass out, if you put the bar properly on your delts your will be able to front squat with no discomfort

that being said, front squats are for intermediates, just back squat for now

Bar goes behind that BUMP

All I see are really gross stretch marks

nice tiger stripes user :) keep on gaining

>stretch marks
>gross

At a certain weight you're going to be basically choking yourself with the bar, or risk dropping 200+kg.

Just do back squats or hold some heavy dumbbells. Fuck front squats.

Get some fucking sun you NEET

"Bump" here meaning your biceps...?

I'd love to stick to back squats, I just figured that if the program specifically separated them then there had to be a reason.

Do zercher squats if front squats make you feel uncomfortable.

I think he means his boney ass shoulder.