Thought I'd share some good news I got tonight. I had stage 2 hypertension...

Thought I'd share some good news I got tonight. I had stage 2 hypertension, whenever I took my blood pressure all these needles were maxed out.

Been doing the keto diet for 4 months now. Dropped 40 pounds. Body fat percentage is now 20% and BMI is normal instead of obese. Best result of all, I seem to have cured my hypertension. For the first time all my numbers are in the green.

I have 96/68 bp. Am I kill?

No, just a sexy athlete

congrats user, i'm hoping my high blood pressure will disappear too while doing keto

I didn't even exercise. Work a desk job, I don't even take the stairs, plus I smoke. Pretty amazing you can bring it down to normal with just diet and no medication.

Have you lost any weight yet?

>91 BPM Resting Heart Rate.

soooo he's doing cardio like 24/7

yea 45lbs in 2 months just dieting and being a bit more active

I'm also doing intermittent fasting too though
just signed up for the gym 3 days ago though, so i'm anticipating some serious gains

That's losing over 5 pounds per week, pretty fast. Are you worried about gallstones? Congratulations though, yikes. I also do the fast, but I do a fast window, I don't eat all day then have a huge dinner, use up all my calories in one go so I can get stuffed.

thanks man, only 40 more lbs to go

what are gallstones and how would i get that doing what i'm doing?

I doubt you will, but I heard when obese people lose weight too rapidly they can develop "stones" in their gallbladder. Gallbladder is the organ that produces bile. You get pains when you eat anything too fatty after that.

Again, it's just for obese people really who are losing crazy amounts of weight to save their lives, you're fine. But it is the reason all the calorie calculator sites say try to just lose about 1 to 2 pounds per week.

what sorts of changes have you noticed from losing 45 pounds?

Idk about him but my penis got bigger due to less fat around my pelvis.

interesting, never heard of that. I wouldn't categotize myself as being obese before. I'm 6'2 and the heaviest i weighed was 300lbs. But before that I did lift weights and do have a lot of muscle still, just it's been 4 years since I've stopped and so now I'm doing it all again

my face has slimmed down significantly, i keep getting compliments from my family about how I've lost a lot of weight. I fit into my clothes again and am not self conscious about how I look in them now (had a big beer belly before, now it's nearly all flat).
Health wise, I don't really know. I'm kind of a wreck right now in terms of my health anyway so I even if there are health changes, I don't really notice them. But my resting pulse has dropped significantly

>I'm kind of a wreck right now in terms of my health anyway

Tell us what's going on user

Biggest thing is my girlfriend left me 2 and a half months ago after 4 years, and I loved her so much. Developed high anxiety and depression. I also have anxiety and high stress over finding a stable job for myself right now. As a result I seemed to have developed acute central sleep apnea. I also have Pleuritic chest pain due to some build up of fluid between my lung and chest wall (it gives me high health anxiety too because I keep thinking it's my heart that's in pain and that keeps getting sharp pains, but I guess it isn't thankfully). I also came back from university and I have no friends here, only 1 friend.

I'm trying my best to rebound. I'm taking ice cold showers almost daily. I joined the gym again. I maintain my dietary discipline throughout even though it's so hard. I'm looking for jobs. I'm trying to talk to some girls.

I want this to be my comeback arc. I want to come back harder and stronger

163/80 how bad is this? Am I gonna stroke out or have a heart attack if I don't lower it asap or could I live in this range for years. I don't really understand how risky this is...

Good on you man...taking a Chelated Magnesium supplement will help with blood pressure too

>91
>Normal

uh..

This.
>91 semi-resting hr
I hope you were standing, jogged to the bp machine or had just smoked like 5 cigarettes

That's good, the lower the better unless you have symptoms like dying.

If I cut out sodium I get to 70/40 and can faint when standing if I get slightly dehydrated, told doctors this before and they just said "eat more sodium" since I am clearly healthy

Assuming you are young, it's bad. You are looking at a heart attack or stroke in your middle years. Go to a doctor and work on a plan to lower it. Good luck