Veeky Forums approved careers? I need something physical that pays okay...

Veeky Forums approved careers? I need something physical that pays okay, but something that won't completely exhaust me daily.

I work in an office and its mentally draining and boring, when I go home I just feel demotivated.
I used to work in a theater as a teenager, moving boxes around and setting up projectors and ripping tickets, it was active work but at the end of a shift I felt energized, not drained.

Dude I would kill for an office job. I'm a mechanic and after 8-10 hours of being on your feet, wrenching, lifting, etc. it is almost impossible to get to the gym. Plus if you get especially sore at the gym you can't even do your job correctly. Imagine doing leg day and then mounting some 35" tires the next day

ya good point
I guess my job is okay, im on my feet teaching for a few hours and then in my office marking and surfing the net for a few hours.

is that a pic of alex jones?

Just go to the gym or find some active hobby, manual labor sucks and is equally mentally draining.

Hope youre making a good living, i wouldnt mind working out and getting paid at the same time

Work construction. Great crew, no shitty old alcoholics. Have six pack first time ever. Crew cut, swoll arms and saving 500 a week.

>saving 500/wk
so you're saving 2k a month?
did you need a lot of experience ot make that much? certs?
what are hours like

I've been thinking of working in the oil fields in canada, make tons of money but have to work 12hour shifts, 100hours a week, 12days on 6 days off...

I do a physical job so I go to the gym before work and I still don't have the energy to lift as much as I would like. I had two weeks off work for Christmas and my lifts went up like crazy because of not doing as much physical work outside of the gym.
I would love to work in an office sitting down saving all my energy for the gym and make actual gains.

Any skilled trade really. Construction, carpentry, electrician, plumber etc etc

Not the user you're talking to, but here in the UK you need to go to professional school and then get license to work in construction.
The days were you just turned up and picked up a hammer and a shovel and got experience are gone. Unless you're already experienced and opt for going self-employed, you won't be able to sart anytime soon.

I went to school for 3 years to become a joiner (carpenter), and now I work 37.5 hours a week, though in my contract it states that depending on business needs I might have to extend those hours, which sometimes go as far as 10 or 12 hours a day.

Reality is pretty much like this user says Unless you have a very good diet and get the amount of sleep that you need, working in physical job will fuck up your progress.

My advice is to be content with what you have, build up a mental barrier that will switch on the motivation you need for your workout. Who knows, maybe once you've achieved such discipline you'll have the strenght of quitting your job and aim for something better.

I would say that an orthopedic surgeon is a pretty Veeky Forums approved choice. or an endocrinologist

>orthopedic surgeon

If you study physiotherapy and decide to go for orthopedics you're literally a fucking moron.

Go for musculoskeletal system studies, you'll become a fucking authority in fitness motricity.

why would a med student study something as lame as physiotherapy?

ortohpedic surgeons are, you know, surgeons. doctors. it's somewhat manual labor and yet respected and pats really fuckin well.

any of the first response options, + girls find you hotter even if you're not Veeky Forums

>why would a med student study something as lame as physiotherapy

Because to get into orthopedics you need to get a bachelor in physiotherapy first.

Obviously, if you study orthopedics you'll do your share of musculoskeletal systems, however orthopedics is, simply put, too boring. People generally have the same problems, and you'll end up prescribing the same shit over and over again. How is that any different from the office job OP is talking about?

And if you wanna be a surgeon, that might take up to 10 years of training in total, a crazy amount of hours, study and practice (you probably won't have time for lifting), and a lot of personal and financial investment.

Mate, I'm not sure of how convinced you are of what you're saying but think again.

If you mean these guys
Then yeah. That's good advice.

These morons however, have no fucking clue of what they're saying There's too much "the grass it's greener on the other side of the fence" on this thread, and very little actual experience.

>need a physical job
>a job
>a job that pays....... okay

Jesus Christ. My goal was to never have a “job” and so far I haven’t needed one. I began investing in the stock market with high school graduation money, bought cattle with college graduation money, bought rental houses with the investment profits, now I wake up when I want and lift weights and look at my stock investments once or twice a week.

There will come a time when you will physically be unable to work or you will mentally no longer want to work. Avoid the trap of being caught in the cycle of paying bills and fear of paying the next round of bills. My parents were blue collar and border line broke until I taught myself how to invest, and it is easier than finding an”job”.

Start by making and saving $3,000. To the average worker living paycheck to paycheck that sounds impossible, but if you can figure out how to do that without borrowing it, you can figure out investing.

>$3,000.
>to start solo trading

You're either a fucking fossil or a fucking liar. Maybe both.

If what you're saying is true, and you do know about stock trading, then you should realize that your advice is terrible. Then again, you're probably doing it on purpose for your own benefit, conman.

Maybe where you're from user, in bong land all construction is done by migrants from eastern Europe, they should basically make performing a slav squat part of the interview

>I began investing in the stock market with high school graduation money,
what kind of stocks, what was your strategy, how long would you hold stocks, what was your roi and yearly income?

>There will come a time when you will physically be unable to work or you will mentally no longer want to work. Avoid the trap of being caught in the cycle of paying bills and fear of paying the next round of bills.
wut? my first job out of college I was making 60k/yr
but I could only save about 10k/yr after taxes, student loans and living expenses.
I made some money off the stock market too but it was just a supplement, I can't imagine making like $5k/month steady....
tell me what you were doing. Because the stocks I invested in took time to grow, at least a few months, I couldn't flip shit and make profit every month. What was your volatility like? Did you have big down swings?

> lift weights and look at my stock investments once or twice a week.

are you shitting me? I understand this if you're holding long term and trading as just a supplement. But the guys I know how make a living day-trading are watching their stocks for a few hours a day, every day. And it gets very stressful. I can tell if they had bad days by how angry they are at the gym and how anti-social they become

I've been a carpenter for 1.5 years now. Managed to overtrain when I first started. Took a break, increased my calories and got more sleep, and I'm making progress in the gym again.

Exhaustion, muscle soreness, joint problems and injuries lead to me not lifting anymore, and in my case it was not because of my physically challenging job, but rather because I didn't know good lifting techniques and wasn't used to that kind of job. Lifting plates, concrete blocks, planks, bricks, heavy boxes, plates... I do all that on a daily basis, and it can lead to injuries and poor performance at the gym, but not necessarily. Have proper form at work, not just when you skvat.

TL;DR a physical job is good but can be bad for your lifting goals if you work too hard.

Look around, out of highschool I got a job traveling the country making 1k a week, it's not tough work and it's fun, plus free travel.

obviously the (in)security sector ;-))

Lol what? My job Involves lifting 100lb barrels every 2 minutes, A mechanic is a lazy fuck compared to my job and I still go to the gym 5 days a week

I do moving, $25/hr after tips, love it

Roofing or brick layer would be the most fit job I can think of, make gains as you get paid. All the roofers I know are more jacked than people who go to the gym

I have about $16k saved teach me how to make more magic money man

I’m a carpenter and I still go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week to do cardio and accessories.

I'm in the same shoes man. I have a major in IR and in half a year I will have one in finance and after having worked for 3 months as a Big4 consultant I just realised that sitting in an office is just not the way to exist for a human male. I don't know. I'm thinking about blacksmithing. Until I hit 30 I'm pretty free to fuck around but I still don't know if I should try to make that jump.

Wouldn't recommend it. Not trying to shit on anyone here but the prestigious jobs are generally sitting behind a desk using your brain. Plus, all these manual labor jobs take a serious toll on your body. Worst of all (and I don't agree with this), women will think you're too stupid to get one of these prestigious jobs and therefore have no potential.

If still want to go this route I would recommend military. Stick it out for awhile and try to get some form of retirement. I personally don't think it's worth the injury.

at least give us some resources to learn from like a book or internet blog