youtube.com/watch?v=ge138UgEsZc
youtube.com/watch?v=0XhugurxNZA
youtube.com/watch?v=W5vJYdPHvOA
youtube.com/watch?v=mojctoxmPIY
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_BIU4W_jf0
youtube.com/watch?v=fhg543szjRc
youtube.com/watch?v=UCWbrOJ5_8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Unlike what Veeky Forums would have you believe, there is more to tour body than frame, and building muscle can actually drastically change your appearance.

years of diet modification, trying new lifts, and persistence will do this to you

Or just use a lot of steroids.

HGH, and any drug you can put into a needle. If you watch the documentary of I believe the 2016 Arnold Classic, all of them admit they'd do anything to win the games, multiple times.
I'm sure Thor would have still been tall without the HGH, but I have a feeling he would have been more like 6'5ish or something. He's also like 26 in that photo too, but he looks 40.

What are steroids?

>naturally

steroids are only half the battle dumbass. You have to stimulate the regions of your muscle that you want to grow. I'd like to write more intelligent things but it's a waste with your shitposters

its amazing what happens when you lift a weight

>I'm sure Thor would have still been tall without the HGH, but I have a feeling he would have been more like 6'5ish or something.

Yes, but he wouldn´t be that big without it.

>this one supplement is 50% of the equation
that's a huge portion lmfao

he was already tall and fit(athletic) before steroids, steroids and hgh just added massive size to his frame

Magnus ver Magnusson basically abduced Hafthor after his first competition when he recognized his potential. Ever think about how much more efficient and effective you'd have been at training once upon a time if you knew everything you knew now? It's like that, except instead of the knowledge of some random gym rat, it's the knowledge of a 4 time WSM winner who's run a strongman gym for decades combined with all the drugs under the sun and and a nightmarish amount of food.

>roids
>supplement

Is that picture real?

>6'2"
>6'2"
>6'2"
>5'11"

How is it possible? I wonder..

Being a top level strongman requires 3 things
1. Obscene dedication
2. Elite genetics
3. Lots of drugs

The importance of genetics can't be understated at this level. Most WSM finalists were deadlifting 5 plates + in their first few gym sessions. Eddie Hall could bench 4 plates at 16

Watch -Born Strong- on Netflix ( if you have it.) Documentary on 4 strong men and how they got into it and shows the condensed competition during the last half. Shit is crazy. These dudes are deadlifting 1026#. It's force feeding and constant training, extreme dedication, and prolly some steroids somewhere in there. However they don't mention that in the doc, so idk.

I know USA checks for steroids in competitions and there is one guy from Colorado in the doc. Steroids may have helped them in the beginning but I do think it's achievable without it considering the size of these guys natty. It took them years (5+) to get to where they are in weight and strength. Good doc tho. Watch if you can.

>The size of these guys natty
DYEL? You could eat and train like them for 10 years and you would never be like them without "some steroids"

>What are steroids?
the shit everybody takes, but only a two dozen men in the world ever reach that level of size and strength.

Correction, everybody could eat and train and roid like them for 20 years and nobody else would be like them.

tfw even Hitler was tall as fuck and I'm only 5'11"

In the basketball pic the dude is 6'9 240#. He also has northmen cream of the crop genetics. Yeah, he prob did some steroids, I have no idea, but the dude is naturally huge.

its called "abusing gh"

Eddie Hall is full of shit, his pictures at 16 pre roids show a boy who would clearly be crushed by 4 plates.

Anyone over 6 feet tall that is out of dyel mode is on roids, only manlets can get big without roids

>naturally

lol

>only manlets can get big without roids
>manlets
>big
pick one, manlet

>some people are just naturally big

Way bigger than tall lanklets

Stay jelly and small tall boy

>his pictures at 16 pre roids
do you mean 14? Because this is 16 year old eddie

He looks about 35 there.

Rather look old than look like a baby

Hitler was 5'8".

Most alpha height, perfect proportions and no lanky arms

Wtf? I hate Hitler now, that's midger tier

Top kek this board has you deluded, 5'8" is normal height you lanklet faggot

Natural predisposition to athleticism
Tons of food
Tons of juice
Getting trained by 4x Worlds strongest man champion

Simple too bee honest

>steroids are only half the battle dumbass
>already gives the advantage compared to someone who doesn't but trains and eats at the same intensity
Westside crew please leave

Hitler was 5'7.
Mussolini was 5'5.

Look at a pic of them together.

C O P I N G

t.soyboy

In Vietnam maybe

People greatly overestimate the difference between 6'1" and 5'8". That's because we live in a weak, soyboy era of history. They think a few extra inches of leg length make them a monster. Muscle mass and bone density is what actually matters. When a short guy and a tall guy are around the same weight, the short guy has the strength advantage. If you're 6" taller than someone you better be 50 lbs heavier or you'll probably get knocked out.

Tall soldiers need more food, can't fit in armored vehicles, are slower, and are bigger targets on the battlefield. Euros who haven't fought a serious war in 70 years love to meme about how short American soldiers abroad are but its deliberate. Most of our elite forces are around 5'8"-5'10".

COPE

he's shorter than his dad

>Most of our elite forces are around 5'8"-5'10"
This is because most special forces training involves extreme amounts of marching while carrying full gear, being taller just puts even more strain on your knees. Airborne/paratroop divisions are the same, hitting the ground while weighing 150lbs is much easier than at 200lbs.

he's 19 in that pic, still extremely impressive

6'1 is the average male height
Bellow 6' you are not considered to be a man

This, tall guys are a joke unless they roid for years

The difference between 5'8" and 6'1" is barely noticeable. People exaggerate the shit out of height differences on this board

>my average muscles look bigger because am a midget

>be manlet
>get sent away to die in a war
You are not even considered human in our eyes

The only elite men are under 6 feet tall

Both those guys mog him, look at the shoe and hand sizes. Gymcel cuck BTFO once again, sad!

This makes sense but still I find it funny like tiny angry American soldiers :p

>Strongman
>Elite level Strongman
>Natty
How can someone be this clueless?
Btw i do super amateur level strongman comps for fun and even at those comps a lot of ppl are not natty. Wake up you idiot.

Göring was said to be 5'10 yet Hitler is as tall as him in the pictures they are in together

>I know USA checks for steroids in competitions and there is one guy from Colorado in the doc
not in strongman, there is no governing body because it's not a clearly defined sport like powerlifting or weightlifting. There are tested strongman competitions but the Arnold and WSM are definitely not (aside from recreational drugs due to heart health concerns, weirdly)

why is eddie hall deadlift so much better than any other of the strongmen? at that elite level you would expect them all to be 5-10lbs close but he just mogs them like little kids at deadlift

He literally put his life on the line for his half ton DL. I don't think Shaw, for instance, is prepared to risk that much.

>Most WSM finalists were deadlifting 5 plates + in their first few gym sessions. Eddie Hall could bench 4 plates at 16
That's bullshit.

>10▶
but in the 2017 wsm you can see how he lifts 460kg like its nothing while brian shawn barely can, his deadlift is just in a different league than the other guys

Really wouldn't surprise me. He's strong as shit on the bench.

youtu.be/-6B340SCJbY

I know a bloke who went to school with Hafþór and he says he was pretty skinny back then

There are strong people who can deadlift 4 plates in their first gym session, even if they barely exist but they exist, but someone who BENCHES 4 plates, so 180 kg? Not possible.

>He's strong as shit on the bench.
After decades of training and grams of test every week, sure. But he didn't start out like that, you American idiot.

>There are strong people who can deadlift 4 plates in their first gym session
Video or never happened.

The claim was that he benched 4 plates at 16 years old, not his first time in the gym. It's possible.

I could provide several videos. Do you understand a bit German?

youtube.com/watch?v=ge138UgEsZc
youtube.com/watch?v=0XhugurxNZA
youtube.com/watch?v=W5vJYdPHvOA
youtube.com/watch?v=mojctoxmPIY
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_BIU4W_jf0
youtube.com/watch?v=fhg543szjRc
youtube.com/watch?v=UCWbrOJ5_8U

Nope.

No proof whatsoever it was his first visit to the gym and also, what the hell? All kinds of unrelated videos.

Serious question: Are you gay?

7 inches shorter means smaller ROM newbie

Because Strongman has such a diversity of events that must be trained for, you're not going to see the individual events be as close as they are in more focused sports.
If all they had to do was DL, then the DL numbers would be much closer. But they also have to OHP, frame carry, keg toss, truck pull, etc. And remember that just winning 1 event does not put you on the podium. Usually the winner is the one who places consistently high, even if he doesn't outright win a single event. So not being the absolute best at any event isn't a death sentence. In fact, it may be beneficial, if it means you can spend more training time/energy bringing up other areas.

pretty much anyone in the top 5% of any sport that requires actual athletic ability or strength is probably cheating. It doesnt matter if its lifting, football, cycling, baseball or basketball. To be able to play at those levels you need skill and to cheat.

this and also a lot of roids

Both Terry Hollands and Loz Shahlei are on record saying that they deadlifted 220kg on their first attempts. Bear in mind Terry is naturally enormous and even in this era has one of the largest physical frames in the sport.
Eddie was a national level swimmer at that age and had been lifting for two years by that point, though not specifically strength training

Why is it surprising to you that people with literally the best genetics in the world are naturally very strong without specific strength training.
I've seen one of my friends deadlift 180kg with minimal training, he's 6'6 and 115kg with a broad frame.

According to google Hitler was 5'9'' (175 cm), which was pretty good for someone born in the 19th century.