/fast/ #86 Making it edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day (THESE ARE MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED VALUES. YOU MAY CONSUME WAY LESS THAN THAT)
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day (THESE ARE MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED VALUES. YOU MAY CONSUME WAY LESS THAN THAT)
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=zcMBm-UVdII
youtube.com/watch?v=-ygExIZm7Wo
youtube.com/watch?v=0bNdhM4vt4I
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8
youtu.be/MqN2cyFvsK8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>more about ketosis and fasting:
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=zcMBm-UVdII

>Eat fucking salt:
youtube.com/watch?v=-ygExIZm7Wo
youtube.com/watch?v=0bNdhM4vt4I
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

>Food is not for fatties
youtu.be/MqN2cyFvsK8

Change the sticky to 2000 mg of sodium per liter of water, maximum 2 liters per day unless you're an athlete

Recently finished a 5 day fast. Appetite has completely rebooted, easily able to stick to carb free, omad diet. Have continued to lose weight every day since ending my fast. Feel good, skin is smooth af, tummy visibly flatter and loose/saggyish skin disappearing. Can’t wait to start my next, longer fast. Is this what making it feels like?

Good job man! Keep up that progress, you got any pics?

GUYS PLEASE HELP MY BODY IS MELTING

WHAT DID FASTING DO TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

nice lovehandles
pig

those are my actual hip bones you fucking dolt LOL

>in this much denial

day 3/7 I'm feeling great, have energy to do stuff, not hungry, extremely focus and not thinking about food that much but I feel cold as fuck, I live in a tropical area so I guess being cold i-is a good thing?

I'm feeling better now than when eating normally, I hope the following days are like this, because day 1 and 2 was a brutal.

my goal is to lose 10 pounds I started at 180 pounds - 6 feet tall, I haven't check the scale yet, will do it tomorrow.

>lovehandles at 155lbs (70kg) and 5'10 (178cm)
nigga do you even math?

my 32 inch waist pants are wrapped around my hips u dum nibba

Why would you fast with no muscle on your body

congrats the rest will be really easy. refeed with liquid/pudding-like meals plz, no dense solids

because i unironically want to be a skeleton, i have a severe mental illness that everyone here makes fun of me for lolololo

is fast only for fat people?

i wanted to lose some face fat so i tried OMAD with plenty of water, the whole week i was just low on energy and my body just didn't want to move as much

on top of that all i could think about was food so i didnt have interest in hobbies or work, and couldn't sleep

went from 104lb to 103lb which is basically nothing

How long did you fast for, I believe the formula was TDEE/7 is how many grams of fat you lose a day

you are retaining water. dry fasting, don't eat any sodium, sweat out excess water. at 103lbs you have no body fat unless you are a 5 foot tall asian woman. good luck

someone with a BMR of 1500 will lose about a pound of fat every 2-3 days.

where the love handles at in this photo ya queers???

Thinking of buying potassium and sodium powder. When I look on amazon though there is a shit ton of variants (Sodium Ascorbate, Bicarbonate, etc.) its the same for potassium. Wtf is the difference between them all and which should I get

you could just buy lite salt or salt and nosalt

those can be bought at your local supermarket spices section

How do I start fasting? Do I just stop eating or should i ease myself into it somehow?

I understand the potassium poweder, but sodium?

Degenerate, you get plenty of that shit from NaCl aka table salt, which is dirt cheap. Go with pink Himalayan stuff for reduces sodium for when you go back to normal eating.

Ease yourself into it or you'll suffer migraines and severe hunger pain.
Start with IF (skip breakfast is best way) get used to going without eating for the first 14-16 hours of your day. You'll probably get headaches. Then once they go away, start doing OMAD, eat middle of day preferably, if you start with breakfast you'll only be more noticeably hungry.

Once you get used to that start fasting 24-36 hours, and keep increasing the number.

you wait till fairy godmother gives the signal

I was mainly referring to the potassium powders, idk why I said even asked about he sodium

>day 1 and 2 was a brutal
Yeah, I'm having a shit time on Day 2 right now. I think this would be easier to start on a weekday, when I'm busy at work.

It's normal to have darkish pee after coming off of a fast, right?

How do I PREVENT from going into this mode when fasting?

bulk first

Noooooo always cut first. It's easier to start a bulk/cut cycle from spoopyskellymode than it is to get fatter and then cut and hope you don't lose all your gainz

i would advise you to eat if you don't want to look like melted old man mode

THIS IS THE ULTIMATE FASTING END GAME, IT WAS ALL A MEME
see also

Fuark breh, you need to start bulking

if you're at spoopyskelly mode you dont need to cut. By bulk I meant "good bulk" not the cringy shit you see in cbt threads.
pls don't get fat

Alright /fast/, quick question;

I've been doing 23/1 for the last couple of weeks, and I'm planning to do a full 48-72 hour fast very soon.

Does the fast begin AS SOON AS I finish eating my final meal? Or does it start the day after?

Also, can I just use lite salt for the potassium in the water?

Thanks.

I am going to fast for at least 7 days due to health issues. How often could I do this? Fasting for a long period, then eat, and return to fasting for a long period?

>How often could I do this?
Depends on your bf%

Let's say I'll eat only fat during the time I may eat.

Doesn't change anything. It depends on how much bodyfat you have on you right now.

Going below 8-10%bf is anorexia-tier

How the fuck do you guys get over the disgusting taste of snek juice?

I got a 2 liter bottle of it I drink a day (Just Potassium and Sodium. Sipping it throughout the day. Does Cayenne Pepper make a difference? God, it's painful

I make soup instead. 2 cubes and you're good

The potassium makes it taste like absolute ass. Like the water is stale or something. I find adding a bit more salt helped, lol.

I use Lite Salt, so I gotta weigh the proper amount since I get both.
Do you guys use Cayenne Pepper? Does it help? Honestly, the taste of the salt is more jarring for me.

I started using the Cayenne capsules yesterday. It honestly makes a HUGE difference in my experience. Much more pleasant to sip with the cayenne in it.

How does one bulk while fasting?
Looks like you don't lift at all.
>inb4 y-you too
I'm trying.
I'm not fat. But this was me 10 lbs ago. I don't think I've made any gainz since fasting.

Just become a trap, you've got the skin for it.

>that hip to stomach ratio
>that smooth girly skin
>that stomach
You better be a fucking woman, user.

ive done a couple 48-72 hour fasts before. about to start on a 7 day fast. what am i in for, brehs?

please post butt

Just put a few sprinkles in a glass of water. Still tastes like absolute fucking shit. But damn it's better than what I got.

Couple of dashes of Tobasco
>How does one bulk while fasting?
IF

Does that really help? More than Cayenne?

It certainly tastes better than cayenne powder

I'll test it out next time then, thanks user.

I tried on weekdays before, no man it doesn't help, its better to stay at home watching movies, drinking a lot of water and taking pisses every 15 minutes, that being at work without being able to focus on anything

Would it be wise to do a 7 day fast if I'm not overweight just undefined?

I'm on day 3 rn, as soon as I heard there was a 4 day weekend I immediately went to fasting mode. Easy to start on a Friday/last day of work into your days off than to start during a workweek. My longest fasts are usually during weekends and i'll OMAD the day before.

I'm just glad one you past the second day threshhold you p much don't want food and know it'll waste your time.

Thinking about it, but I can't be in my 20s forever. Going to have to get big soon.
I'm a boy.
Don't have much of a butt. I'm worried I might lose what little ass I have from fasting.

READ THE OP
TAKE FUCKING ELECTROLYTES

You won't have that problem if you do. Jesus christ people. Drinking a shit ton of water? Really?

does hot sauce break a fast

Not in the quantities you'll be consuming

I find it easier to fast during a work day, less temptation for me.

My job is full of snacks, people constantly bring in free fresh homebaked goods and we have a refrigerator, microwave, toaster AND toaster oven. I have fasted during the workweek but sometimes it's just too much.

I do take muh electrolyles and black coffee, but my job stressful as fuck, so shut the fuck up

CUTE

>44349510
It will be easy as fuck with snake juice. Without it you will feel like absolute death around day 3.

I just skull the water. Try not to move your lips or tongue and straight up swallow it. You get next to no taste.
There is a small aftertaste, but it goes away rather quickly.

t. excuse-making faggots who are never going to make it

Do you guys drink cold snakejuice, or room temp?

how often do people die while fasting

heard about a chick that died on her 26th day of fasting

kinda scary

I already made it and regularly fast and lose weight, what's your problem?

Can I drink straight instant coffee with nothing but boiling water?
How about those shitty instant tea bags with boiling water?
Will it break the fast?

>Does the fast begin AS SOON AS I finish eating my final meal?
yes this

Okay to drink tea (no cream or sugar) during a fast?

I know its like they didn't do their homework. They think they can just go from binge drinking and stuffing pizza in their face every other night and then just not eat for 7 days

uhh, you can. I've done it before. though I get your point.

If I work in restaurant where I can get free food on my breaks but I can go 4+ days then so can you

Jury is out on coffee and tea. Drink them at your own risk.

how do I tell my friend, who happens to be a personal fitness trainer and learned "traditional" nutrition in school (food pyramid, 3 meals a day, CICO, etc...) about fasting? I think I screwed up and he took offense at a Dr Fung video I showed him to explain what I was doing (dumb I know)

>walking on eggshells
>friend

pick one

Fuark fasting gets way harder as you get leaner.

Day 5/5 and I had almost thought of going for 7 but fuck that. Fatigued as fuck, no energy at all. Also my face is fucking tingling for some reason lmao.

Sitting at 6'4" 193.4 lbs as of this morning. Hopefully once I eat tomorrow can stick around 195ish.. Or at least

I am your height and weight 80kgs, I wear 30 inch pants. You definitely have love handles there bro.

This, I'm on day five too and I've lost all my energy. I also quit caffeine to help with my sleep so that might be it.

up to 3000 mg of sodium per day (THESE ARE MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED VALUES. YOU MAY CONSUME WAY LESS THAN THAT)
>>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>Drink salt water

lol what?

You're wearing girl shorts.

Low iq, adhd or read problems.

Which one’s affect you?

You're forcing your body into a Ketogenic State. Basically your body is going to start eating the fat it has stored up as it's primary source of sustenance.
Therefore, you need some core dietary needs so you don't heel over and die. The main one being Sodium (salt). Your body needs salt to survive. Take away salt from your diet, and you will suffer a great deal. So you get it into your body another way, through supplementing your water with salt.

Do you guys use take Magnesium Supplements?

Hey guys I’ve been 16:8 fasting for over a year now and im still learning more. I’ve leaned up a fair amount but I still have a small gut and some love handles, i also train 5 days a week.. if I wanted to do an extended fast (3 days+) would I have to stop training completely? I know you can train fasted but my body doesn’t like it. Cheers!

So that is why all those starving pirates and sailors of history used to drink salt water!

Are the sodium and potassium supplements only for extended water fasting? Do you also need them for intermittent fasting?

>fasting when you're already thin
Not only would that, they'd get no potassium to supplement it.

Would you let me take your anal virginity?

Is fapping or fucking a bad idea during fasting?
I'm on my fourth day, it was pretty rough those first three days, but now I don't feel hunger and generally feel alright. If a little tired or out of energy.

Nah you can still train, but at a lighter weight

I get insanely horny on fasts

Do I have to drink saltwater and take potassium on OMAD?

if you start passing out stop the fast its that fucking simple

No, just eat your meal, provided it's balanced. Snake juice is more for 48+ hour fasts.

Thanks. How much weight will I lose from 5 day omad and a 48 hour fast?

Not that user but the stuff for what to do on long water fasts is conflicting af, some say just water, some say saltwater on top of water intake, some say snake juice.
What is all this shit OMAD is simple but why is prolonged water fasting so confused?

Depends on if you do keto and how many calories you're eating. And how fat you are. I'd expect no more than 1-2 pounds a week loss. Prolonged fasting is much better for weight loss, and electrolytes make it easy as fuck.

The idea is this. Your body can produce everything it needs on a water fast except electrolytes. If you don't get electrolytes and drink purely water, you will get weak as fuck. This is why you need the snake juice. I do 1 tsp each of sodium and potassium in 500mL and drink regular water whenever I'm thirsty throughout the day. You should experiment on yourself, but never go over the daily reccomended limits.