How is it possible to maintain your muscle mass while doing intermittent fasting?

How is it possible to maintain your muscle mass while doing intermittent fasting?

I think it's all fucking bullshit.
16 hours without eating? You're gonna lose muscle.

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/intermittent-fasting-study/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Implying you have any to begin with senpai

Wait.. are there people who eat like 4000 Calories and do IF?
That would be hilarious.

Your body spent literally hundreds of millions of years working towards using resources as efficiently as possible. If you wanted to you could just fast all week and only eat on weekends and you'll still retain muscle

I don't believe in that shit, I believe that God created the blueprint to everything in the universe to work together and "evolution" was just his blueprint.

Besides, science (physiology & nutrition) has taught me that the human body is inefficient as fuck in both energy absorption and energy production.

ive done keto and IF while eating 3500 cals for months and hit PRs

Where is the muscle going to go?

you think your body doesn't get food and says "welp its over guess ill fucking eat myself and die" after a day?

You think muscle is like play dough? this has to be bait. im triggered

IF is the single most powerful way to increase HGH

>Being this shallow

>eat less to improve HGH
fuck off and die
>the body won't use energy from a storage (muscle and fat) when it's out of energy from food
hurrdurr
fuck off and die
IF is fucking fake.

>you can eat as much as you want and anything you want for 8 hours if you just starve for 16 hours!
>you'll gain muscle and lose fat!

lol
just fucking lol

Who would believe this shit?

>That spacing

I've been on IF for over a year now and I've made gains while doing it. You can bulk or cut on IF. It works for both.

I think it stands to reason that humans in a natural setting would commonly go most of the day w/out food and still develop physically. I've seen people use it to lean bulk and to cut.
I think the biggest cause of atrophy is not lifting, w/ poor diet being secondary.

HOW CAN EATING LESS INCREASE HGH PRODUCTION
THAT MAKES NO SENSE YOU LIAR FAG

Post a pic of your body. Pic us mine, I fast 16 hours 3 days a week

t. chestlet

>i fast cause i do steroids
your tiny nipples will grow 10x the size soon as soon as your adrenal gland takes a hit from your injections a few years from now you faggot

explain to me how ,conversely, eating 8000 calories makes you (in your mind) muscular.

your body functions at a molecular level. putting it thru stress triggers processes and hormones that protect you.

when you stuff your face all day ALL of those processes shut off because youre "safe"

Pic on left is result of me bulking on IF for a year. Pic on right is after a 3 month cut also on IF.

forgot to add:
its pretty fucking simple.

>forcing your body to create cortisol because you dont get anything to eat
Well, IF doesnt seem that good after all...

>looks smaller
>it increases HGH hurr

What happened to eggman is he still about on /r9k/ or what? Last I saw was the black pill vid of him smoking in his car.

>I look smaller after a cut
>durrrr

I was also on IF for the bulk the result of which is left pic retard

because you're putting in nutrients that promote growth
you need to input more energy and nutrients for your hormonal glands to work, not the other way around you dick shit

if you lying fags were telling the truth than every child would benefit from IF timing diets and grow way taller

Also where did you read it's supposed to increase HGH?

cortisol actually increases everytime youre under emotional stress and when you have an insulin spike.

since you prooooooobably dont know yet, everytime you eat you have an insulin spike.

>tfw he gets emotional when not eating
you have to be so weak dude, git stoic

from a post in this thread you stupid retard where else

The reason I do IF is because I like eating big meals and this way I can eat just two massive meals a day even when I'm cutting. I've also found that I feel more energetic in the mornings after a year of doing IF. I don't know where you got this idea that it's supposed to increase HGH levels. That's not why I do it anyway.

maybe they would. people are pretty aprhensive about the idea still, hence this thread and your attitude.

OK well that guys a mong. There' only been one proper study that looked at hormone levels and it actually showed that the group on IF's Testosterone and IGF-1 levels decreased. BUT they were doing on a calorific deficit. Eating normally on a calorific deficit will also result in lowered T and IG-t levels. Like I said, you can bulk on IF too. I did it for a year. SO I would say it has a neutral effect on hormone levels. strongerbyscience.com/intermittent-fasting-study/

You were lookin pretty thicc n juicy in the before
no homo ofc

If you think you have to fraud for that you're a sad individual.

>tfw I used to be a big guy for you

how are her leggings digging into her ass this much? normal leggings don't do that, they don't show off each separate butt cheek

>Believing in god
I bet you believe Rich Pianna was natty aswell you retard