What does Veeky Forums think of Power to the People routine?

What does Veeky Forums think of Power to the People routine?

did anyone read his book?

I really enjoyed the Russian Bear variant. It was simple and worked really well. Also, supplementing it with kettlebell work as prescribed from Enter the Kettlebell made a great combo.

It also helps you sleep like pic related.

pic related is the superior book

user pls

wasn't revealed that he just scammed people?

Sounds like shit. Pretty name scam for retards

Yeah. It's pretty good.
Dude knows his shit.
Problem is that the shit he knows doesn't put money in the pockets of fitness guys and imbeciles with books and gym memberships to shill. So he's either ignored or downplayed.

Did you read it? What can you tell me about the mind-body connection? Stuart McGill worked with Pavel and he said stuff like "you can make your handshake stronger simply by making a fist with your other hand" which was pretty mind blowing to me.

>you can make your handshake stronger simply by making a fist with your other hand
That's simply the principle of irradiation in action. Pavel uses it a lot. Generally he's known for some high tension techniques that are particularly useful (necessary even) during some bodyweight exercises such as one arm one leg push-ups.

Did Simple and Sinister for the longest time. You won't get bigger, but you will get in better shape.

Done it before and done Russian bear as well. Largely marketing, lots of outdated and obsolete shit in that book.

Neither is particularly good. PTTP is blatantly inferior to Bulgarian and bear is blatantly inferior to other high volume programs.

Honestly I wouldn't bother.

inb4 the "functional" meme, but he's got to have something going for him if he's consulted to come up with PFTs for military, law enforcement, and paramilitary organizations. And that world, where you're going around with 50lbs gear, being bigger isn't necessarily ideal

The problem with Pavel is that he sort of claimed ownership of the concept of irradiation, and he made it out to be a much bigger deal than it really is. He even says to go beltless so you get more benefit from it which is objectively a bad reason to go beltless. It's his USP, if you will.

Pavel is very legit when it comes to martial arts conditioning and mobility/flexibility and should be regarded as an authority on these issues. Pavel more or less failed to penetrate the strength and hypertrophy circles because, simply put, his methods are inferior.

It's easy to be behind him after reading the book. He lays things out in such a way that you believe what he says. Better to learn now that he's no expert in strength or mass. In modern times he has 180'd on much of the stuff in the book, not surprising since his reasoning for everything was "muh secret unverifiable Russian research" I mean come on that's just such an obvious load of kikery.

It's a wonderful book with excellent advice. I'm going to do the routine again once i get new clips. Don't want to die while side pressing.

Rip is too long winded. Pavel gets the point across in way fewer words and is more entertaining

I never heard anyone strong said something good about Rips books, however lot of strong people like Mythical Strength or Eric Bugenhagen were inspired by Pavel's books.

This guy gets it.

PttP is pretty sound, but it's for your mom, not for you.

I did workouts based around mostly OHP and Deadlifts for years, but with plenty of other exercises i.e. squats, pullups, BB and DB rows, &c. thrown in.

I regret not spending more time hammering BB rows and fixing my squat form. I wouldn't be "all traps and no back."

When I stopped benching (I hate, HATE, benching), my shoulder stability deteriorated too.

What was outdated and obsolete?Can you give some examples?

Bump for interest
planning on doing the Russian Bear because I love deadlifts and ohp

>In modern times he has 180'd on much of the stuff in the book
Really? Could you elaborate on this?
Anything I've ever done from Pavel has working pretty well.

180'd on what stuff

BUMP

bumpé

bump
fucking respond

bump

bump
aaaaaaa

bump bbbbbb

bump
cccccc

Great book. Goes into a great deal simplifying neurophysiology of lifting, providing as well great explanations over cycles, how to breathe while lifting, how to perform deadlifts and presses (which are the base of the program). Can't recommend it enough. The only remark I should make is that, since the routine only include same 3 lifts at time, it's not good for those who "get bored" easily.

This book is the SS of Pavel books, and there's also "Beyond Bodybuilding", which is like the PPST. The book was coauthored by Dan John, and there are chapters dedicated to each muscle group, basically teaching plans according to goal (strength, hypetrophy etc), as well as explainin how to perform pretty much every big compound variation. Great for consulting.

Btw, I'm currently doing modified Russian bear protocol, so I can lift everyday and while cutting, instead of only 3x week like the original program.

My routine is the following :
Squat
> warm ups + 1x5
Ohp
> same as above
Bench press
> 1x3-5 working set, 3-5 progression scheme
> 1x5 90% of working set
> 8-12x5 80% of working set
Lat pull down
> same as bench
Cable curls and tris extension superset
> 5x10
Cable crunches and neck curls superset
> 5x15

At first I was doing deadlift variations instead of lat pull down, but this was too much and I was unable to reach goal volume. Other than that, so far so good.

bump

dude on the cover looks like DYEL

If you followed him and his posts from dragondoor which he used to run, and follow him and his posts from strongfirst which he now runs, over time he incorporates more and more American style training. He becomes an advocate of volume squatting, of 5x5 benching and the like, and keeps very quiet about his old work. He still remains a champion of greasing the groove, as he should - it's a great way of hammering in motor patterns, but you'll never find him talking about doing deadlifts for total body hypertrophy, 2 lifts for total body strength etc.

The basic principles are good - keep tension (should be taken as standard anyway), high frequency low volume can be effective etc. But anyone with a brain will understand that hammering 2 exercises only is retarded. As soon as any weak areas requiring accessory work become the problem (eg triceps in OHP etc) then you can kiss goodbye to good gains. His methods are a tame Bulgarian method. What 5/3/1 squats is to smolov, PTTP is to Bulgarian, namely a half assed version that only appeals to fitness hipsters or those with no work ethic. I wouldn't even call them his methods, they've existed in Oly for decades. He's repackaged high frequency approach, essentially made it worse, rebranded it as secret russian stuff and sold it. It was a product for the general public, not a training manual. Remember that. You'll know from his other books that he'll sell whatever he can like the ridiculous Janda situp secret Russian exercises equipment.

i loved this shit when i was 14
at the end of the day though the ronnie coleman school of muscle wins out: lift heavy ass weights and eat a ton of food