Best friend stopped lifting cause he felt like he was becoming a douchebag

>Best friend stopped lifting cause he felt like he was becoming a douchebag

Is he right?

His personality is just bad, but at least he's aware of it. Attributing it to working out is insane, unless he's an aestheticsfag roid maniac then it makes sense

improving your body to help your health and wellness makes you a douchebag. alright.

Nah he was just becoming a man. As long as you're self aware of your confidence levels you're fine.

Well, the science has confirmed that being a meat head is related to being a douche bigot.

Is this your friend by any chance ? A boy of soy

This happens to people with fragile egos.
He was basically starting to think that he is better than everyone else, because he lifts. Some non-introspective people can't really control this reaction.
A sing of true immaturity if you ask me.
And before someone defends this behavior, how do you like it when vegans do the same?

Bruddah, dat is not de wae.

>doesn't want to be a douchebag
Douchebags don't realize they're douchebags. Sounds to me like your friend is just an over dramatic, humblebragging faggot.

That's a really beta way to think. If he's so unsure of himself that his attitude towards care of the body is shaped entirely by what other people do, he has bigger problems. What, if eating healthy and not smoking was primarily done by douchebags would he avoid that too?

>his attitude is shaped by what other people do
this wasn't implied, why you assumed this?

I didn't imply it but is right.
He told me when he was at the gym and was looking at others lifting he thought it was dumb

Now he surfs though so it's not like he stopped all physical activity

I think it was clearly implied. Taking on a hobby as a part of your personality like that is beta, period. The effect is magnified by feeling insecure about the perceived notion of what you've become to the point of actually stopping. Pretty dysfunctional way to view anything, not just lifting, especially when that viewpoint was created by association with others also taking part in that hobby.

How could you not see the implication? If his friend had not seen any people he comsidered douchebags lifting how could he possibly associate getting stronger and being healthier physically with being an asshole?

>reading fake news

Reality is that he was probably too lazy to go and then looked for excuses to not go anymore.

>how could he
Trough anecdotal experience of realizing that most people are built like shit
>starting to think that he is better than everyone else, because he lifts.

I recon pretty much everyone goes trough that phase

working out is weakness leaving the body

don't you see, user?

he's calling out, desperately screaming for... for a... a

>BROJOB

>FB
>knuckles

Sounds like he is not just a surface level faggot but, in fact, the faggotry is so far ingrained inside him that he knew he would never make it.