Why do fatties always love doing these at the gym? They look so pathetic

Why do fatties always love doing these at the gym? They look so pathetic.

to lose belly fat tard

it's a dab warmup you dickhead

home gym master race. they actually feel pretty nice. you can get a really nice contraction in your oblique.

>muh spot reduction

Not the OP but it does fucking nothing. If you wanna train the obliques, lose belly fat, or even warm up there's much better ways of doing it.

Well, if you have noticable belly fat, increasing your muscle mass there will help with loose skin issues once you lose it.

FFS name the better oblique training then

That's not how it works, mate.

Like what?

I know dozens of good weighted core exercises, but know literally just 1 for obliques. I guess ab rollers sort of hit it, and russian twists and shit like that.

But is there anything weighted you can do>?

lateral leg raises, lateral crunches, weighted side crunches

Probably because fat people are self-conscious about their stomachs and they mistake feeling their obliques work as burning stomach fat.

Leg raises, homie. You work out your core strenght, as well as your forearms, back, and hand strenght. I never understood why people want to waste their time training one thing a time when you can train multiple muscles in one exercise.
Unless you're aiming for big arms, there's no point in "spot" training.

because it's one of the easiest exercises that an out of shape person will do. Just look at how most fatties and clueless idiots flock to the retard-proof machines and impossible-to-fuck-up exercises such as crunches, curls, side bends

I work my obliques with a plate sideways on one of these things. It’s the same idea but actually hits your muscles

I unironically do this exercise and it helps create the nice V shape with the adonis belt

came here to post this. Thanks user

these work really well for me. i do it with a 35 plate 3x12 and pause/breath into each rep. It worked kind of like stomach vacuums or deadlifts, since now i can see my rib cage really well like zyzz :3

Fucking cable woodchoppers , geezus man literally google it and the internet will give you many better oblique excercises

it strengthens the obliques.

Because a lot of people whomst've just start working out do so for health reasons, doing postural work such as this is usually a very common part of that.

>whomst've
kek

Saxon Side bends.

This honestly, legit can't go wrong with leg raises. Even doing them on your back if you dont think you have the arm strength for hanging is better than any crunch or sit up youll ever do.

I do 3x10 on each side with a 45 plate and I got the sexy V that women love. It takes like 5 minutes to do at the end of a workout, why wouldn't you do it?

>not training your sides to laugh at gymcels on Veeky Forums harder
OP is never gonna make it

Overhead side bends look even dumber but they're pretty legit. I think they have another name.

I unironically just got back from the gym and the fat guy next to me was doing these. HAHA i love this place

I'm not fat at all and I do them. Worked my way up to a 90 lb dumbbell. Obliques have to be trained through bending and twisting.

Cause it's easy and they think working their "obliques" will make their gut smaller.