I had a heart attack at at the gym over a year ago due to a previously diagnosed heart condition...

I had a heart attack at at the gym over a year ago due to a previously diagnosed heart condition. My cardiologist finally gave me the all clear to return to the gym, but with a few rules.

No more testing 1 rep max and no more intense strength training. He wants me picking a weight I can do at least 3 sets of 12 with with only a 2-3 rest between sets.

before the heart attack I was doing Greyskull variant and I tried just switching up the reps on that to something like

3 x 12 bench
3 x 12 row
3 x 12 squat

The only thing is using light weights I don't need a lot of warm-ups and the short rests means it's like a 20min workout. Barely feels worth going to the gym.

So I was wondering about my options. Just keep doing this. Do a full body routine every day (bench, row, press, chipup, squat, deadlift) or doing something like keeping with the greyskull theme, but doing 2 passes: 3x12bench, 3x12row, 3x12squat then maybe 3x12 dumb bell bench, 3x12 cable row, 3x12 leg press so that way I actually feel like I spent time at the gym.

how about you stop eating shit food and start taking cardio seriously and you’ll be fine to train however you want

By this post alone I guarantee you are not healthy or have healthy eating habits, post a picture and prove me wrong but I doubt it

nobody has a heart attack for no reason

Nah theres people who have nerve problems in their heart and theres nothing you can do about it.

Dude, heart conditions can be passed down from generations. Don't be such a prick, the OP has had enough shit going on.

mfw

I’m pretty sure no healthy natural person who exercises on a regular basis and doesn’t eat shit food just drops of a heart attack at the first sign of a raised heart rate

What does a heart attack feel like?

it's called a genetic heart defect

t. 12 year old

You’re wrong though. It can and does happen. Look up Hank Gathers. It was a notable incident.

>basketball is cardio
Most basketball players are skinnyfat at best

gtfo also he was 6’7 which obviously is asking for medical problems I said a “normal” human

I'm 5'10'' 205lb. I certainly could stand to lose more weight, at my highest I was around 245lb, before i started working out.

manlet rage

Mine was actually pain down my right arm. I had just finished up a set of bench press and sat up because my right arm really hurt, I thought maybe I pulled a tricep but the pain was really deep in the arm, like the bone itself hurt. I started to stand up and then blacked out. Woke up in the hospital

>basketball not being cardio
confirmed for never having player a serios game of basketball

I guarantee you any highschool wrestler would have 3x the endurance of even an NBA level basketball player

running up and down a court that is 94 feet long throwing a ball isn’t cardio

just go look how any of those NBA player train in the gym it’s all meme retarded instagram exercises

That's terrifying

you are delusional if you think NBA players just do meme exercises

it is a billion dollar market

>>it is a billion dollar market

yea a fucking scam one, refs have been getting paid off for fucking years

if you actually think “professional” sports aren’t rigged you are seriously mistaken

If you actually think you could ball on one single nba player you are seriously mistaken

haha you are delusional and paranoid af

i guess the jews are behind it as well?

how about you do some research you moron there is tons of refs that have come forward saying they were paid off or would intentionally call shit that didn’t actually happen to give one team an advantage over another

I didn’t even mention anything about Jews

I didn’t say I could beat an NBA player at basketball but I know for a fact I could destroy them in an endurance test

On the track, on the treadmill, on the bike, in a pool

basketball isn’t cardio faggot

Are you fucking RETARDED?

Maybe so faggot, but they don't train for that. Nobody cares about some twink trap lover being able to run on a treadmill longer than lebron james

are you?

If you can't do what you want to do you might as well die bro. Personally I'd do hella cardio make sure I was test my hearts limits everyday as a warm-up and then continue to hit them 1rms. I don't have kids or any serious life obligations tho so dying to me doesn't really mean shit.

why are you so mad

my point was NBA “athletes” aren’t athletes and you still haven’t provided one thing to prove me wrong

NBA is a bunch of nigger lanklets

>NBA
>not athletes
Just neck yourself

long distance endurance is not a prerequisite to being an athlete, so i don't know what you are on about

they’re not

sorry bud

Lmao some freshman highschool wrestler shits up the thread and nobody answers op. Just do what you feel is best for you and switch it up if you want to if you're not getting the desired results. I would suggest routines but seriously just stick to the parameters of what your cardio says. Good luck mate you can make it

Ok

you're a fucking moron man. there is no fixing this level of stupid.

arnold almost died from a heart condition you stupid idiot

>can't tell they're a couple of skinny dyels with overhead lighting

I have a wife and a little girl I'd like to see grow up, plus a few other hobbies I enjoy besides weight lifting.

>NBA
>atlethes
oh boi
pick one
let that be the necking of yourself