2. How much you pay
3. Your rate/10

>Mount Vernon Barbell (NY)
>$350 a year
>11/10

Other urls found in this thread:

intelligentstrength.net/das-gym/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's it like lifting with Larry and co around?

Came to ask this

It gets you fucking motivated. He's a fucking animal. And they will always give you advice if you talk to them. My favorite part about the gym is that everyone means business. Not a bunch of kids coming to take selfies.

1. Fitness 19 (almost 10 years now), NorCal
2. $10/month (for me this year, they only charged me $99 for the YEAR, paid in advance)
3. 9.9/10.
No showers/sauna/pool/locker rooms, but who needs that anyway? Squat rack, benches, freeweights, and machines if you need them. What else do need?

MD, right near NoVa and D.C.

Golds - $40/mo + $12/mo for gym daycare
7/10 - has the heavy weights but facilities are garbage and no amenities, locker rooms are nice, hours suck

PF - $20/mo + $39 yearly fee
8/10 - doesn't have the heavy weights but is open 24/7 and has equipment for comparable (not as good) exercises, has tanning and massage beds

Good gyms in my area rare $150+/mo

goldring center
in tuition
10/10

1. Uni rec center in michigan
2. $23,000 for 6 months
3. 2/10. No chalk allowed, always crowded, weights suck, barbells rusty, weightroom is spilt in two. But they are redoing it next semester so that's cool.

Have you ever seen Larry or Terron Beckem there?

Gainesville health and fitness

30$ a month

10/10

Only worth it if you plan to be a member for 2 years or more

>free gym in building
>decent but oudated machines, no benchpress though or big bars
>adjustable bench that is semi broken
>showers
>small as fuck 20x20 ft about
>fucking free though

1. Southern Yurop
2. 85 €/mo
3. No refugees/10

Zap Fitness (Aus)

$25 a fortnight, so like a grand a year lmao.

Theres a ton of them around the whole country, all 24 hours. Mostly serious lifters, the blunt red aesthetic just kinda does that. Only viable gym for serious go'ers really. Range in size, but I got 4 in my city alone and in the CBD its massive with everything you could want.

9/10. Missing stuff like saunas and my closest is tiny despite room to grow, annoys me when the NYR's come in and I can't get machines I want.

Damn that's pricy

GAINZville

Genesis Health Club in Oklahoma
Former Gold’s
0$ (l work there)
It’s pretty nice 7/10
Lots of equipment but some of the cable machines are broken andwe could always use more barbells and power cages

>Las Vegas Athletic Club (take a guess at where it is)
>$23/m
>9/10
The place is fucking huge and has just about everything. For the price I can't complain, but the gym does lock you into a 2 year contract so there's that to consider in case you find a better alternative.

1. Dirty south barbell Macon Georgia
2. Free for me, most pay 20 a month
3. 9/10 I was invited to lift with a group of powerlifters who co own the gym so I decided to move over to DSBB. When I got there I found out one hold the world squat record for 242 multiply and another has a 2900 total multiply. I'm just a raw lifter but the things those guys have taught me about being strong would have taken me a lifetime in the sport to learn.

> Blink Fitness (NY)
> $10 a month
> 6.5/10
Pretty basic gym; main value is how cheap it is. Surprisingly clean. The problem is that it's marketing value is catered to the hordes of fucking fat, old spanish and black people who hog the shit out of everything.
Wish there was a sauna, but for $10 I can't complain.

>Gold's Gym, Idaho
>$10 a month
>8.5/10
love the price, but really lacks equipment that I want

What's the point of a sauna, shit seems hella gay

>Crunch Fitness
>$15/mo
>6/10. has all the equipment i want but way too many gooks and too many people in general

>ghf
Switch to bailey’s. That’s where all the people who actually lift in Gainesville go

t. Been to ghf, SouthWest (UF gym), and Bailey’s

Ive only been to one gym that had a sauna. It was pretty nice you sweat your ass off. And most guys would shave right after they went in there cause it made your beard super soft.

Personally I just need it because I gotta cut some water weight to make weight for a fight later this month.
That and I like the heat.

UF student here is it worth it? Southwest Rec isn't awful but I don't like it

>a gym I will not name, NoVA
>Free because the receptionists are lazy teenagers that dgaf and don't scan your card
>6/10, no bumper plates, no pool, only two squat racks, but nobody ever uses them but me and there are showers

I haven't been in since two days ago when an Indian manlet tried to sperg his way in, I think somebody saw and filed a complaint with the owners. I usually just walk in the front door (which has a keycard scanner but is unlocked) bur the past few days the door has been locked to non-members, fucking hell I have to get a real membership somewhere now

Really? I haven't been to the one I Gainesville but the ones back home in Jax aren't any good

YMCA
30CAD a month
6/10

it has an er rack

Well, since you only pay $30/month for GHF it might be better to stay there. But a new ghf membership today is like $55/month compared to Bailey’s $20, it’s a no brainer

Lots of UF students (me included) go to Baileys. 24/7 hours and it’s right by fratblix. GHF is just as nice as southwest but it’s got a faggy vibe imo. We call it “gainesville wealth and fashion” because half the people there just take selfies in their gymshark clothes while being dyel

>Machines
You're no better than the NYRs

>Gold's, DC area
>~$40/mo
>8/10, not perfect but I can't complain as long as I can get my big 4 and pullups in without waiting much

1. Anytime Fitness. Singapore
2. ~88 SGD / mo
3. 5.5-6/10

Gold's gym in VA.
$10/mo, no enrollment, $40 annual
7/10, it has most anything I need, and don't want to sign up for the legit 10/10 lifter gym that is usually $55/mo, but does calendar year packages for $350. I'm just getting started with lifting.

Oh shit i didn't realize it was that close I live on Frat row. I'll have to check it out because southwest is awful

1. Fitness connection in pasadena,texas
2. 10$ a month plus a 40$ yearly maintenance fee
3. 2 squat racks, cheap so it attracts trash people r8 5/10

1. Rec center at the University of Houston
2. 5500 a semester
3. 9/10

body builders gym, los angeles, ca
$40/month
7/10

super bare bones gym but i rarely have to wait for equipment during my workout. people there are all chill and the music is generally good.

wish they had towels and nicer locker room, sauna, etc.

I think the craziest part is that there’s only two squat racks and one power rack, yet there’s almost always one open. Meanwhile SW has like 10 power racks and they’re all always full

>Small basement gym, Stockholm
>700 SEK ($87) a month
>8/10 has everything you need but the ceiling is really low so you cant OHP without slamming the bar into the roof unless you're a manlet

$87 for 6 months sorry

waiting for a WFAC user to chime in or a supertraining user

>NYSC
>Los Angeles
>20 per + 100 annually

>Stockholm
are you even able to go to the gym without being mugged/raped by niggers?

1. Uni gym in Sydney, Aus
2. 580 aud a year
3. 7/10
>Relatively unbusy but the semester isn't on
>Right next to work though so very convenient
>Equipment is a mix between some old as hell weights and some newer stuff they've brought in
>Most people don't lift seriously (lots of Asian and Pajeet curlbros) so the squat/power racks and platforms are almost always available

LA Fitness in SoCal
30 a month (can go to any LA.F i want tho)
8/10
it has all the necessities, only issue is that nobody puts their shit back.

>McFit, Poland
>39PLN/month (~10$)
>6,5/10

The Gym
Edinburgh
£17
It's a normie gym but it gets the job done.

Poznan? Probably not but there's a great and quite cheap gym called Fit for free (actually like 39zl/mo too) at stadium and its massive

Self: Fit for Free Rotterdam/Netherlands
Paid about €10 per month because of 2 year contract and some actions etc and cant use gym after 17 etc
8/10 it has an immense amount of weights dumbells 6 power cages fuckton of other irrelevant shit and niggers everywhere but besides the fact they speak the weirdest languages they aren't rude just dumb

You havent been in many gyms if you think mcfit is 6.5/10 at least in warsaw that's one of the best gyms you're gonna get. Everything else is fucking soyboy gyms full of machines and shit weights.

>Local Gym
>15 wk
>7/10
has everything but the squat racks are kinda shitty for bench

>400euro per year
>gym owner is a roid head who got out of jail 6 years ago for literally twisting someones hand off his wrist
>yes his hand was fully detached from his arm and now looks like the guy from scary movie
>gym owners former gym was closed due to having copious amounts of drugs and a firearm about 2 years ago
>last year a man that killed his wife that was on the run from the police was allowed to hide in a secret part in the back of the gym (former massage room)
>was training one day when the gym owner strangldd the fuck out of someone for refusing to pay 2 months membership fee
>i havent paid the membership fee for last 4 months as i joined another gym
>gym doesnt allow people to cancel their membership online only in person
>tfw going back to this gym with 4 months due is a death sentence
>currently paying 2 gym memberships as im too afraid for my life to go to the other gym to cancel my membership

wat do Veeky Forums

greece
Yava fitness center
49 euros/year
complete shit,small,not enough machines, need to wait at least 40 mins when crowed for bench press
2/10

Holy shit, what country?
Balkans?

thats what you get for being bankrupt lmao

>HC GYM, Tallinn
>43€ a month, no extra fees or package deals
>8/10
Great gym, got all kindsa shit including slingshots and strongman equipment only missing sauna and could use another set of heavy DBs. Oh and people don't stack the weights right, but I can live with that.

what the fuck yes balkans how the fuck did you guess

>Fitness24Seven Oulu Finland
>19.99€/month
>8/10

since when does your country have internet you finnish piece of shit get out of my thread

I FUCKING KNEW IT WAS YOU YOU CHEAPASS THIEF
PAY UP OR IMA GIVE YOU THE OL HANDSHAKE

fuck you pjotr you may have my bank account number but not my adress

>the ol handshake

kek

NoVa? What's the hardcore lifter gym?

*THE OL NATTY HANDSHAKE

Get a load of this faggot. Is this literally your first day on the internet and Veeky Forums you massive homosexual? Jesus Christ what a fucking retard

pekka go away

Σε ποια περιοχή ?

go smoke your coffee flavored cigarettes you piece of scandinavian waste

enjoy scraping the ice from your computer screen to read this comment faggot

>one of the most technologically advanced countries (nokia, linux, f-secure just to mention a few + worlds best coders)
>one of the biggest users of Veeky Forums and other boards per capita

yeah hes a newfag

>Finland
>Scandinavia

Okay mate

>implying nokia and fsecure are anywhere near relevant for people that are below the age of 75

fuckin lel go back to 2003 you balding faggot

>Nürnberg, Germany
>28€/month (including sauna etc.)
>9,5/10 could use a little less sandpeople...

Is this why so many nazis turn out to be gay? Because that image was hella gay.

Um,sweetie,those rounds you took gave you roidrage AGAIN. Stop mansplaining please.

> Lifetime Athletic in Raleigh.
> $120/month
> 9/10

Was at Planet Fitness for a year or so just doing minor cardio and dumbbell shit. When I moved here, I decided to get serious. Now lifting, running, and swimming 6x a week. Shaving and showering there saves enough on my water bill at home that it pays for itself.

>one of the most technilogically advanced countries
>finland

The color coding on those plates trigger ny autism hard.

OneLife Fitness in NoVA
$30/month
Open till 11pm usually. 10/10. Chill staff. Has its own oly section. Good selection

Also looked at a golds. La fitness. Pf. And anytime fitness

how it gay

Energy Ylämylly
45EUR/m
8/10

Has everything you need, only one proper bench though. Not too crowded. I wish I could do more oly stuff, but it's missing proper bumper plates.

1.Southeast Europe
2.$30 a month
3.9/10

>Goodlife Fitness (Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada)
>$60 a month
>8/10

>Eastern Europe
>20 USD / month
>8/10

homegym
$500 mostly used off craigslist
naked mirrior squats/10

Boston MMA gym
150/month

Fit One?

>Vienna
>McFit
>19,90/mo

It has everything I need but the equipment is pretty fucked

I have two-

Hometown's Gym
$22/month
7/10
High quality equipment, low crowds, but low variety.

College Gym
Free w/ tuition
6/10
Old people rampant, can't deadlift without someone crying. Otherwise great.

Why do you pay for that? What do you have there that you don't have in a normal gym?

Crunch was good to me. Some co-workers and I went on assignment to San Diego for a month, and they allowed us to work out for a discounted one time fee.

1. Basicfit, Gelderland (The Netherlands)
2. 250 euros a year
3. 7/10

Only 1 squat rack but no one ever squats so its always free

1. Latino, Buenos Aires, Argentina
2. About 37 U$S/Month
3. 7/10. They need more olympic barbells.

intelligentstrength.net/das-gym/

Also this monstrosity is in my city but it costs like twice as much and is further away. Maybe when I'm decently strong.

1. Aspen Athletic Club and hopefully Athletic Apex once that's up and running, Central NY. You should immediately be able to tell where I live if you looks those up.
2. $20/month for Aspen, $260/year for Apex
3. 6/10 for Aspen, ??/10 for Apex

Aspen is nice, but it's wholely dependant on which one of the clubs you got to. Most have a good selection of machines and free weights, a good amount of benches and squat racks.
If Apex is as good as it looks, it'll be a blast, too.

1.SmartFit, in Brazil
2. Around 250 dollars a year
3. Its nice. Its a sort of Planet Fitness-esque chain in Latin America, minus the autism. There is a lunk alarm, but i never saw it ring. And they have all the equipments, barbells, dumbells, free weights, nothing limited. Its pretty god. 7/10

lol I also go to a basic fit in Gelderland (Ede Centrum)

I work in Hilversum and Ede so I also go to the basic fit branches there. Fairly satisfied with them all - cheap and they have all the essentials + flexible membership

Question you guys, I was back home from uni for the summer and got a gym membership for $20 a month. They promised me up and down that they wouldnt keep charging me after I went back to uni but lo and behold I found out they have been charging me every month since the semester started. I went in and was a dick kinda but they said ONLY A MANAGER could cancel a membership. When will the manager be in? NEXT MONTH. This isnt some crappy gym either its a high end place and they only let you cancel face to face generally. Uni is 600 miles away and I very rarely go home.

Any advice?

Desk clerks don't care. It's one of those get it in writing and talk to a manager BEFORE signing anything. Any money they've taken is lost. You can usually get out of paying cancellation fees by proving that you're too far away from any branch of their franchise, if that's applicable.

it is yea. They are a local franchise. I talked to my bank though and they refunded me a bunch of the cost. Good deal but FUCK

Agree. It's WHY gyms are so adament about having a card on file. When you ask them they can't give you ANY actual reason as to why they need a card on file other than "Oh it's procedure." Bullshit they just want a card on file so they can gouge your ass when you do quit or hold it hostage for more money.

What you should do is call corporate and complain that you're trying to cancel and the GM/Manager isn't helping you at all an that you've not seen them at the gym in months since trying to cancel the membership. Make THEM the ones in trouble not helping a member instead of you being the problem.

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

this
fitness 19 bay area
20 shekels/month
9/10
the patrons are cool af
no meatheads just people looking to work out