I finally fell for the squat shoes meme...

I finally fell for the squat shoes meme, after 2 years of lifting and squatting 3x a week i decided it was time to buy a decent pair.

Picture related, bought the Nike Romaleo 3. Wha shoes does Veeky Forums wear?

squat shoes are fucking retarded. i do all my lifting in vans

Sometimes romaleos, sometimes just some old hard soled boots I got years ago if I'm.feeling like it's the 90s

Someone says it every time
"Bro just get chucks bro"
You're a faggot and you don't know anything

>Chuck
>Taylor
>Master
>Race

romaleos now, had a pair of VS athletics before for 4 years and they're great for the price but look very autistic

How do you like them? have yet to try them out in the gym (tomorrow I'll go). Excited as fuck, since i already hit depth and go full ATG in runners which don't feel as stable and when i'm getting out of the hole it seems like i'm losing strength.

Hard to explain but a steady and sturdy shoe like the one i bought should fix my problem and take more tension off the knee since heels will now be elevated.

Why would you lift in runners at all? Take them off and just lift in socks.

Those are the new romaleos? Lmfao they are fucking hideous and look incredibly cheap

Don't feel comfortable squatting 145kg barefoot.

Shut up, retard.

the romaleos 3 are really flimsy be careful because they break really easily. there are parts that literally open apart like the tongue and toebox.

honestly romaleos 3 are very bad value for the ton of money that they cost.

yeah consensus is 2s are better

I have some Adidas Power Perfect II's...

Are they still a good option? I need a fair bit of heel thanks to muh bones...

I have exactly pic related. Should've bought Leistung's or legacy's. These feel very flimsy and weak and I think they won't be lasting too many years. Other than that they're fucking amazing to squat in and I got them very cheap (~150€) so not too disappointed

I squat and oly in these

>Velcro shoes

Pure autism

best option on the market is
Power Perfects 2 or the brand new 3s.

Theyre hands down the best for the money they cost.

Used to be adipowers, now it's roma 2. I vastly prefer the roma 2, they feel more solid by some distance, and my balance is better in them. May have been too wide for the adipowers

Back in 2013 I had the option to get some ironwork 3 for under $200, but thought the $300 red adipowers looked better. Safe to say I regret it

same, got them 50% off
pretty comfy

What kind of shoes should I get that could have some sort of balance between lifting and running?
>I do both but only ever had running shoes

nike metcons

the virgin/uggo shoe

unironically probably those crossfit shoes

(((They))) really find every possible thing to make profit of? The supplement industry is enormous, taking your money and your health, now this, (((sports apparel))) wtf is this shit? Guys, get a grip on life as you grip the barbell.

I used to squat and deadlift in lifting shoes but ever since I went barefoot my lifts have gotten better and feel better to do.
What are the benefits of lifting with lifting shoes? And the detriments of lifting barefoot?

>barbell

stop giving the sports eqipment jews ur hard earned sheckels by buying barbells you pleb

Talk me out of it Veeky Forums

buy rom2 instead

rom3 are garbage tier, read above posts

The Velcro is to better secure your foot so it doesn’t move around in the show lots of oly shoes have this

I would but i like the 3's, and the toe flexibility and so forth.

check out reebok lifters, I think they are better

dont buy that unlasting crap.
buy adidas power perfects

I'll buy, but do you have any links to buy in Australia? size US 11.5

best bets are adidas website or amazon. check them out

Pretty stable when I do it don’t be afraid to be closer connected to the earth brother

I don't squat

They give a stable feel on your legs and help your ROM, but they're not magic shoes by any sense. I don't do oly lifting anymore so I've reverted back to regular chucks.

If you have the cash go ahead and buy some, they're not bad by any means

>280$

You better be either an elite level athlete to seriously get those, or a spoiled little shit to who money means nothing

If it's the latter I want to fuck your ass and teach your faggot ass a lesson

t. poorfag

Wiggle sells PP2 in aus I think

not that pp2 are great shoes, be better off with romaleos 2 regardless

VS athletics mustard rice.

Adidas sometimes have 50% off sales. I got a pair of powerlift 3.0 for 40-45 euro -- low enough for an impulse buy for me.

Fairly satisfied. They haven't transformed my squat but they do make things more stable

I bought power perfect 2s from wiggle.com for $134 aud, free shipping in aus too. there aren't many sites offering a cheaper price and im sure they have yoir size in stock as well. good luck user