Are home gyms the ultimate ascension into making it?

Are home gyms the ultimate ascension into making it?

>never have to wait for equipment
>no distracting roasties
>no annoying DYELs bugging you for advice
>don't have to worry about skin infections
>can be loud and autistic as much as you want
>no gym fees

Am I missing something

no it's great

No group showers to absorb masculine energy

>not having to witnesses open mouth soyboys crowding the gym because of their new years resolution
>not breathing in the high levels of estrogen they pollute into the air anytime they start getting excited before taking a selfie

I think if I could look back over the 7 years I've been lifting, the one thing that's caused me to skip more gym days than anything else is the getting ready and driving to the gym, changing in the lockerroom, and just generally having to fucking interact with people. I would get a home gym in a second if I could. It's a shame it costs about $1200 to put together a good home gym and even if I had that cash, I don't have room for one in my apartment. If I ever move somewhere more spacious (which is hopefully after finishing grad school), first investment I'm making is a home gym.

I’ve been part of both. There are aspects of a commercial gym that are nice. More/better equipment depending on where you go. Heavier dumbbells than I can afford. Also nice having people around in a way. Idk about other people, but the fear of looking like a little bitch definitely made me lift heavier and harder. Now I’m home gym, and it’s nice being able to take your shirt off, play whatever music you want, and never ever wait on equipment.

>no distracting roasties
but looking at roastie firm ass in joggers helps with some lifts

I have a set but I still go to the gym. Something about just being at that location, you dig? Same with work at home. I'll just never get it done, so I gotta head to the office.

Start small bruddeh, i have a friend who got an entire rack of dumbbells ranging from 10's to 90's for $150 online. Best of luck user.

The last apartment I lived in had its own gym. For christmas, the management put in a power rack, barbells, weights, the whole shebang. A walk down my stairs and bam, I was at the gym. I made so many fucking gains those two years, probably in the best shape of my life at the time.

that's pretty much the only reason i don't home gym

>no space

>not wanting to show off your gains
>not wanting to intimidate other males
>not wanting to get mires from the dyel's Gf
Face it, most people who make these Home gym threads are insecure betas , too afraid of social interaction. You will never make it

Home gyms are nice

embracing your social insecurity and becoming a shut-in neet is not making it OP.

>not relishing the opportunity to talk to Veeky Forums women and dispense advice to the newfags

Not wholesome at all

Bro I started my journey to a homegym with 300€. Granted I built the rack myself, but still, 300-500 bucks will be enough to get you started.

Best thing about the homegym? Sex on the bench.

>not having a homegym as well as a 24 hour gym membership to a gym where you have many gymbros and thots to stare at

yeah, but i cant do my routine with some shitty dumbells, i'd still need to go to the gym

Just get power blocks and a bench.

Is it really starting strength if you dont have the snake flag?

Ree no step on snek

>Not doing Starting Snek
It’s current year user...

having a nice pump and doing more for a warm up than other people's one rep maxes

I love mogging the DYELs and lanky skeletons

>lifting for other people
never going to make it

In that pic is that a smith machine? If so that is not a good pic to make the case for homegymmasterrace.jpg

I'd love to have a home gym but I find that going to a public gym just adds more motivation for me to perform better.
Thots are also not bad to look at either.

I like talking to the regulars when going to the gym even if it's just some normal small talk. It's comforting to see other people move their asses every day again to that place.

Truth is I'm alone a big part of my day, why would I isolate myself even more?

I'm 19 so I look at the gym as a more social sorta thing. I'm more of a loner so having somewhere positive to go on Friday nights is nice.

This. As much as what OP said is true, after about a year in my home gym i just didnt have the same motivation.

I like going to the gym because it gives me incentive to get other shit done while I'm already out and about. Also girls

That and if you spend 1,000 dollars on a home gym that's 100 months for a ten dollar membership.
It's a comfy business model.

The only downside to my garage gym is how damn cold it is in there this time of the year. I didnt install a heater when I converted it because I warm up pretty quick once I start lifting. When I first go in though it's freezing and I'm wearing a coat and a hat. Eventually I'm stripped off to the waist by the time I finish though. The bar is freezing to touch too

Other than that there are no downsides.

The pumps I got in school and commercial gyms were always bigger than my homegym pump. Is it because there's no one around?

Being an experienced lifter in a commercial gym is kind of part of the sport imho
Esp when you go to a real gym and not planet shitness. Like when I hit my 300 squat PR immediately got pats and high fives at my gym.

I get that. Like the atmosphere gives you a stronger pump n-no h-homo.

Honestly man, that's a comfy ass dojo you got there.
I'm super damn jelly, definitely gonna dedicate any freespace in next apartment to this.
>Where's the ab roller though?

I just get distracted and bored if I'm in my own place. Not for everyone.