Weird question but would lifting drunk or high possibly have huge benefits...

Weird question but would lifting drunk or high possibly have huge benefits? There’s days where we go to the gym and aren’t lifting as hard or heavy as we should and it happens to the best of us. The thing I was thinking about is when you’re drunk you really don’t care about pain and when you’re high it kind of dulls it. In theory this should help you pass the limits your brain puts on you and lift much harder for better results especially for people new to working out or those who have hit a plateau.

DUDE

WEED

Smoke something of quality like white widow and go lift
You'll just become so hyperfocused you get lost in whatever music is playing and you'll think it's fun to lift to the beat of it. It will be like playing a little game. The pain won't matter because of how focused you are and how much fun it is

Good luck keeping focused and doing them correctly while intoxicated. Can't even fuck my gf right when I'm drunk, EXCEPT when it's red wine.

LMAO

Not blackout drunk.

i've lifted high before, it's ok, no real change in performance but its more fun and less of a grind

The lack of pain didn’t encourage you to lift a lot more heavy than usual?

I don't know about lifting whilst blazed, but lifting the day after any form of weed session (vape, joint, edible), I struggle like a motherfucker at the gym

Why?

what about prorper form tho

Lifting while high sounds dumb as fuck, you don't want your body to be relaxed, you want it to be tensed as well as being able to tense all your body parts.

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen to be high and squat.

Poor reasoning man that will only lead to injury and over-training/ hitting above your max, so no.

>you'll think it's fun to lift to the beat of it. It will be like playing a little game
I do that anyway without being a degenerate with shit form.

Am usually pretty zonked when lifting. It's only good for lifting is you have a high tolerance.

>implying what stops me from lifting more weight is pain and not lack of strength
i've lifted high and drunk before, it was hard as fuck to lift while drunk because you will feel weaker and with less balance, i deadlift 4pl8 for 3 reps while sober, did 315lbs for 4 only on a party while drunk
lifting high is okay, sometimes you get lost on the music and rest for 10 minutes in between sets but thats not a problem really

I sometimes lift high. Not white widow though, i hate that shit. I spent too many weekends as a teenager getting fucked off white widow. Its jst a couch-lock paranoid high for me. Same with most really strong indica.
Kane Sumbat (timbahwolf) says his best pre-workout is a little bit of quality sativa with a cup of coffee.
For me its hash, i can smoke hash and write a project, work doing manual labor, gym or just going out and having a nice time.

meant to reply to this to in So long as you arent really new to smoking or completely blazed it shouldnt be a problem to maintain form.
If you lifted for a long time and like to smoke you might even gain some proprioception.
Personally when i do it sometimes ill just reo out 1 or two more on the bench. Big goofy smile on my face at the feeling of the muscle straining and filling with blood. Feels good.

You can tense all your body parts as they will still be normal while working out. You just won’t feel as much pain. You’re not taking muscle relaxers.

Listen friend, you need to do some self experimentation. Not all weed is the same and weed in general hits people differently. There are all these strains going around but the difference between indicas and sativas are all you need to know. In my personal experience it does me good. I feel like I wouldn't have broken plateaus without it. People i know agree & some don't. The only negatives for me are becoming anti-social and I getting caught staring at ass. It all depends on the person. Additionally Veeky Forums is generally scared of marijuana for some reason, so not a good source to ask

I have no clue on alcohol, never tried. In theory i think it's a bad idea, hence why i never bothered. But I do see powerlifters take shots before lifts so there has to be some benefit.

>You’re not taking muscle relaxers.

But weed is a muscle relaxant

Not to the point where you can’t tense your muscles. It’s not like taking actual pills.

>life is an anime

Alcohol leaves you dehydrated and relaxes your muscles which can make them give out mid lift. Try some heavy squats while wasted on JD and say goodbye to your legs.

Squats suck.

Edibles are better than smoking because you'll have clear lungs.

Weed tends to help due to its psychological effect, it gives u a burst of ideas that you wouldn't usually get. It gives you thos strange control over your mind where you can either hyperfocus on performing, or u can just zone out thinking about stuff and ignore any pain.

LMAO

on opiates or benzos yes but its a terrible idea

A Single dose of opiates block testosterone longterm

i sometimes down 2-3 beers to get in that "just do it" mindset wh n doing extreme sports

dont know about lifting though

>Not to the point where you can’t tense your muscles

Yes it is, depending on how much you smoke / what strain etc..

lethargic, unmotivated, cardio is more difficult, don't lift as heavy

perhaps its just the way my body reacts

Weed and booze make you clumsy and slow

Amphetamines give you a boost in adrenaline, focus, strength, et cetera

Why do you think athletes use ephedrine, amphetamine, hormones, and not booze?

They banned alcohol as a PED due to shooting and archery.
Booze is a bad idea i agree and it does decrease hypertrophy+ increase chance of injury.
Weed doesn't necessarily make you clumsy though. Depends on the person.
As for slow, again it depends on the person. That might just mean you spend 15 more mins in the gym. If your already timing your rest periods are you are slower that just more time under tension.

Smoking after a physio therapy session was goddamn heavenly, could feel all my damn muscles so well, just bliss.
Would smoke in homegym, too paranoid to be high in public like that.

ALCOHOL DESTROYS TEST

No, lifting while intoxicated is retarded, but having said that I have done stupid shit while bored in a motel room like day drinking and doing kettlebell presses and swings.

I've been to the gym after half a bottle of gin a while back, was fairly similar to lifting sober, no real noticable lack or gain of strength. The downsides were only really that i wanted to fuck around with my mates during rest periods, plus trying to balance during OHP was a bit wonked.

I lifted high and on Adderall once. Did 2x my normal reps on one exercise and realized I my discomfort threshold had been the "limit" I was reaching and not my physical maximum capability. Pretty cool. Also got distracted a lot

was gonna post this, that's exactly how i feel about it

Edibles just make me tired and I think it's the same for a lot of people. Try vaping if you're concerned about your lungs, I don't feel as tired as when I eat or smoke it as well