Is going to the gym 6 times a week less superior than 3 days a week?

I read some scientific papers and it says 3 times a week full body is better than 6 times a week unless u are on geer. So just do SL 5x5

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout
muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Better? Not necessarily.

Look, let´s take three geniuses that we know and make an analogy. Von Neumann liked to think and calculate while standing up and surrounded by noise. He liked to work in the living room while his wife watched TV loudly. Wolfgang Pauli partied hard with bitches and booze every single night in Vienna, woke up at 4pm and only then started working. Einstein needed peace and quiet to work, and did a lot of his thinking in his long quiet walks around Princeton.

Point is: some guys grow best with 3 workouts a week. Some do 3 full bodies, some do ABA or ABC. Some do 6. Some do ABCDEx. Serge Nubret did around 50-80 sets per workout, only light weights and with 30 seconds of rest. Arnold did ABABABx, tranining twice a day, 1.5 hours each workout. Others train for half an hour a day.

You gotta go and test it all until you find out what works for you. The answer isn´t here its in the gym, over time.

Just don't be me.

>tight ass with money
>feel like im wasting money unless im using my gym membership at least 5-6 times a week
>try doing 3 day novice routine as novice
>feel like im wasting money only going 3 times a week
>end up fucking around on a split going 6 days a week to ensure im getting the most out of my membership
>spin wheels forever

I just bought a home gym power rack and started a novice routine again after wasting the last 2 years fucking around at the gym.

Think of it this way, if you do arm day, chest day, back day, you're only training those muscles once a week and you're not giving yourself time to recover. With full body workouts and a rest day inbetween, you train all your muscle groups 3-4 times a week.
Just don't do 5x5 unless you want to look like this

PPL is perf IMO.
and you can easily do it in 5 days a week too by doing push+legs on the last day as well, boom 2 rest days in a row, baller.

Individually resting muscle groups 2 days, and then in addition you get 1-2 full rest days.

Sounds good to me.

>what is PPL
fuck off fatty

PPL is ridicuulous
it's just a bodypart split with a scientific name
the real push-pull is great though

Im not OP, but PPL is too much IMHO.

I can only do the big compound movements once every 7-10 days. They're too hard on my body. Im too strong to do them often.

I guess I could do PPL with a ton of fluff work, but I would not be doing big compounds.

>I can only do the big compound movements once every 7-10 days.
>Im too strong
lol

>PPL „scientific name“
It‘s literally Push Pull Legs you massive fucking degenerate faggot

Im an advanced lifter, and natural.

I dont have the PED assistance to keep on hitting big compounds every day at the intensity I lift at

It depends on what you are after.

If you want to get good at compound movements like squats and deadlifts and you want to lift heavy, then you probably want to go in on fewer days and lift 5, 3 or even just 1 reps and go until failure. Then add in some accessories to round things out.

If you want to just look better and don't care as much about lifting the absolute heaviest and most importantly want to go to the gym every day, then you should split your workouts into sections, so for 5 day a week you should do Chest, Quads, Back, Glutes & Hams, Arms & Shoulders. You are going to do a lot more different excersises with a lot lower weights.

It is the volume that matters. If you are lifting every day then you don't need or want to go to failure because rest of your week will suffer since you aren't taking rest days.

I started with SL, but I wanted to go to the gym more often and squatting every day just wasn't for me, so I started doing different shit on different days. There are obviously some overlap with each upper body and lower body days, but I try to do something that focuses certain area each day. I've already noticed that my 5rm squat has come down since I started doing higher rep count with lower weight, but I'm not worried, I'm having way more fun and if I want to go heavy again I can always change in the future.

>1-3 days for strenght
>5-6 days for hypertrophy
>7 days for cardio
>4 days does nothing

>((((((scientific papers)))))

uh oh

okay here you go, man. The definitive answer based on anecdotes from a guy who did a lot of lifting back in the day, got lazy and fat later and is now back into it.

Right now, I am in week 3 of PHUL having come off of 12 weeks of ICF.

My goal was to increase size and strength before going into a cut.

I started life with Stronglifts but even carefully calculating my weights, worrying excessively about form and taking only the breaks I needed, I felt like it was a waste of time. Even in my oldfag body, I was not tired at the end... and that made me feel bad. It felt like I was cheating or not doing something right.

Started reading and realizing accessories are not a bad word and after much debate and deliberation (especially here), I found ICF.

( muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout )

It gave me just about everything I was looking for. Good accessories (lacking in abs, though) and the big compound movements. Made some good progress over that 12 weeks. Afterwards, I gave myself a few weeks "off" and by that I mean just light accessory work/cardio a couple days per week.
Cont'd

People are really unironically posting Jason blaha shit now?

What happened to this entire site in like the past year

cont'd

During that time, I fretted about working out during the cut so PHUL made some sense as I wanted to increase weight here and there but also get some volume work in.

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

So far it's okay but I do have issues with it. Example: I don't put any value on skullcrushers as an exercise. It's too easy to cheat or otherwise hurt yourself especially at the end of the workout. So I threw in dips. I consistently reach failure and I don't like that. I think the workout is using too many tricep-heavy movements in one day.

I'm going to give it a couple more weeks as it is better on a cut but I think ICF/Blaha's workout was well laid out as to what and when muscle groups are used though squatting three times a week as an oldfag isn't something i'd recommend for very long.

A good compromise might be
Day A, B of ICF (minus squats on A)
Day 4, 5 of PHUL

?

Either way, it's a definite maybe.

>tfw I workout 4 days a week

Fpbp. N1 breh

Nah, it's just bloho blowin his own trumpet...again.

>less superior
You know, there's a word for that.

I don't like blaha so everyone who actually tried and liked ICF is blaha.

PPL is a glorified bro split. An upper-lower 4 days a week is the patrician’s routine.

Just avin a laff m8

>Tight ass with money
>Spent several hundred dollars on basic equipment that will take many months/years at a basic gym for the price to break even

Americans are so fucking stupid

ITT: betas who can't handle the superior PPL 5-6 days a week so they trash it to cope with their pathetic 3 day a week upper/lower or full body

Without fail if you bring up PPL some faggot with his U/L routine will chime in. I do PPL when work isn't fucking me and when it is I switch to U/L. It literally comes down to how much time you want to spend in the gym. As long as you're hitting every muscle at least twice a week you're fine.

A question about SL, I don't like barbell rows, I can't do them with proper form and I don't feel them. Can I just do cable rows instead?

Depends on your level of training advancement. As a novice three times is 'enough' to maximize training progress. As you progress more frequency may become necessary (unless you can spare three hours in the gym each day). Read Practical Programming.

Post u/l routine

You mean you don't lift at all.

Then lower the weight and get your form right faggot.

But it's a retarded exercise. Why do that when you can do seated cable rows which is exactly the same motion and body position but in horizontal.
And even if you argue that you MUST do barbell rows, why the fuck is it necessary to do the stupid pendlay row that puts a lot of extra torque on your lower spine instead of just doing normal barbell rows in a 45 degree back angle?

Also, once you reach your first plateau is virtually impossible to progress more, because form just goes to shit with big weights.

Fpbp.

Everyone's body reacts best to different stimuli. One of the aims of the fitness journey is to find that stimuli.

I work best with ABxabxx
High and low reps with light and heavy weight.
My gains are the best when I do 16/8 intermittent fasting.

Keep trying different shit and give it time to see what works best for you OP

>tfw 3 day workout routine
>accidentally forget shake bottle
>fuck it, I'll check the lost and found tomorrow
>take 1 step into gym for 4th day of the week
>muscle mass disappears
>jaw line recedes
>shrink to 5'6"

WHAT THE FUCK

>As long as you're hitting every muscle at least twice a week you're fine.

Every routine thread on Veeky Forums can be summed up in this sentence

those height gains especially were a pain in the ass

3x fullbody is ok for novice but eventually you will need more volume than you can do in 1 fullbody workout. hence the need for a split. 2x/wk is optimal so people do PPL or Arnold split, which is the real superior.

5/6 days a week = TOTAL dog shit if you're not on steroids, period

3 days a week = superior if you're not on steroids

in b4 and probably during broshitters defending their 5/6 day a week meme

Don't forget that if your workout lasts more than 45 minutes you will LOSE ALL YOUR GAINS.

>Tfw I just do SL and throw some in accessories, and only hit the gym 2 days a week, and have been getting mad gains
Kek.
I did waste a ton of months before by just not eating enough while sleeping too little.

Does this include cardio?

Is this empirical fact? Because I do a 5-6 day PPLPPLx and I'm not on gear. What should I pivot to?

>2 days a week
>gains

Don't lie on Veeky Forums, user

I'm nor.

i can't stop laughing