Is bodyweight fitness a meme?

Is bodyweight fitness a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx45nUETmIA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Different variations of chin-ups, pull-ups aren't a meme. Dips are great... hanging leg raises etc.. Even doing push-ups with dumbbells is a decent exercise. You won't get jacked huge but if you eat enough and be consistent you'll be ottermode.

Absolutely not, but you need to know what you are doing and be a little more creative than if you lift weights. Check out fitnessFAQ on YouTube, great resource. Also depends on your goals, I'm biased because I climb and train rings mostly but I find body control and training for skills much more rewarding.

for strength/aesthetics? yes, it's terrible.

but it's fun and, if you stick with it for a long time, you can do some impressive shit.

Yes there is a reason bodybuilders don't do it, but you can get really strong, balanced and pretty big.

Fully depends on what you mean by strength, and what you find aesthetic.

>what you mean by strength
I mean the ability to create force against an external resistance.

>and what you find aesthetic.
doesn't really matter. no matter what look you go for, you'll reach it way faster with lifting. with calisthenics you may not reach it a all, depending on your goal.

t. landwhale

It’s great actually

That just means the one training calisthenics is stronger at calisthenics and the weight lifter is stronger at lifting weights.

No.
But people who have gym memberships and equipment to shill will tell you it is.

it may be easier for you to toss yourself around but someone with true strength will also toss you around

I'm happy with it. I have an ottermode body and I am a lot more flexible now

Pullups/Chinups/Dips are good
otherwise no gainz

balanced is the keyword. Beefy? No. Attractive? Oh, yes, you'll look chiselled.

source: I climb and rarely lift, cross-train by swimming. I have no life

Ho do I build muscle without a gym membership?
Squat racks are expensive.

What about diamond pushups til I'm tired
Bodyweight squats til I'm tired (with barbells)
and pull ups til I'm tired.

"I'm so strong at lifting metal up and down but I can't even control my own body" yeah so much "true" strength.

If you want to toss people around you do martial arts, lifting and calisthenics is self improvement and the basics of self improvement is self control. Everyone who wants to be balanced and all around strong should have a good foundation in calisthenics.

How pathetic isn't it when.bodybuilders can't even lift themselves to do a pull up?

Look up convict conditioning, infinite intensity, you are your own gym.
Look up movnat and ghetto workouts(the black dudes in those cities and those russians in the eastern bloc all look swole as fuck and all they do is calisthenics)
Building sandbags is beyond cheap
And heavy rocks are fucking everwhere.

chill out soy boy, i was just busting your balls

>true strength
>uses bodybuilders as examples

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Who is Clarence?

Strongmen/powerlifters are pretty much fat bodybuilders. Muscle size is directly correlated with absolute strength, strength deficit is reduced by mainly neural adaptions but is limited by absolute strenght which in turn is limited by muscle size. My argument is that "true" strength(absolute strength) is only one kind of strength and therefore not the only true strength.

>fat bodybuilders

oxymoron. Also, im pretty sure their aim isnt bodybuilding

user, when it comes to people on the sheer volume of drugs that pro bodybuilders/powerlifters are on...it doesn't really fucking matter.

All roads lead to rome.

You can get pretty swole from calisthenics if you're under 6 feet tall, if you're over 6 foot you gonna need to hit a gym to get out of dyel mode

Clarence has a background in tricking and all kinds of other body weigh training. He is also mobile, excluding the super heavy weight classes, oly/weightlifters are more comparable with gymnastics/calisthenics athletes than bodybuilders/powerlifters/strongmen.

if so, then calisthenics people are a bunch of bodybuilders who can't deadlift as much as a bodybuilder. And bodybuilders cant do as many pull ups as bodybuilders. Am i using thy logic correctly?

Not true, if you have progressive overload you will have progress no matter if you lift weights or your own body.

>oly lifters are comparable to gymnasts and calisthenics

is that why all the gymnasts and calisthenics people also do barbell lifts while powerlifters don't? also, clarence does lifts done by powerlifters as well. On top of that, juji is a bodybuilder who does tricking as well. So is bodybuilding also the same as gymanstics/calisthenics? Or are you just trying to be convenient with your arguments?

Dude, people who are 6'+ and do calisthenics consistently can and do see ridiculous gains. Espescially if they are 200+ pounds.

The first time Ross Enamait ever attempted a deadlift he got up to 500lbs.
He does calisthenics and trains boxing.

You've been lied to your entire life user. It's time to wake up and smell the roses.

I get asked all the time how much i bench. I only do bodyweight for my upper body and have a huge chest and shoulders.

Ill will let you in on a secret most idiots on this board dont fully grasp or comprehend. Resistance is resistance and if you progressively overload by advancing to more difficult moves and eat at a surplus you will gain mass. Your body can not tell the difference between lifting itself or weights.

Weights are however easier to gain with just because it is easier to control your progressive overload by adding more weight. While doing bodyweight you might need more reps or negative reps to bridge the gap inbetween progressions.

>first time Ross deadlifted, he did ~500lbs.
>You've been lied to

Except I havn't since Im not for or against anything. I believe any form of exercise is great benefit. Im just trying to figure out why you suck calisthenics dick but leave out oly lifting/powerlifting/strongmen. Its not like they don't have the ability to train calisthenics and get good at that too.
Im sure we can all agree on hating crossfit tho

You need to get the difference between comparison and equivalation through your thick skull.

Manlets see calisthenics gains way easier than tall guys

chill out soy boy, im busting everyone's balls here. Just trying to figure out why you calisthenics people hate on barbell lifters. I was gymnast before going into powerlifting. Im for anything that isn't crossfit

No one is leaving out oly/power/strong, the reason we are speaking for calisthenics is because some dude said it is terrible for strength, but there is not only one kind of strength.

Only thing that sucks is building quads, I should join the gym so I can add squat and deads to my routine

so you're way to argue is to hate on barbell lifters instead of pointing out examples of how calisthenics strength is applicable to barbell strength? good one m8
this you ? if so, then you know where im coming from

I don't hate on barbell lifters, but just as calisthenics athletes should have a baseline strength in barbell lifting, barbell lifters should have a baseline strength in calisthenics to be able to consider themselves all around strong. What I got triggered by was the use of the word "true strength" when referring to weight lifting, implying body weight strength is not really strength.

Are you fucking retarded?
The one goddamned thread on the entire fucking board talking about calisthenics and you limpdick on in here to fag on about how superior lifting is compared to fucking everything else.

There are dozens of fucking threads and the completely TRASH sticky lionizing lifting and even going so far as to LIE to people to push lifting.

I'm all about getting people stronger and fitter by whatever means. You're all about getting as many people as possible to do powerlfting/strongman/oly lifting and FUCK what they want or even basic fitness and health.

Why don't you hop on your little faggot bike and go back to QDDT or what the fuck ever and start suckering idiots there into doing stupid bullshit.

Gains as in being able to do variations easier as well.
Manlets also see gains with lifting easier as well. Hell they can do the big lifts easier and with less strain then taller people as well.

I say that taller people HAVE to start with a base of calisthenics to build strength flexibility and endurance.

yeah, that was me. i was just busting your balls when i said they would toss you around. but seeing as how everyone on the internet talks a lot of shit, i can understand your retaliation.

>you're in here to fag on about how superior lifting is compared to fucking everything else.
read the 2nd sentence of that post you retard. keep your emotions out of arguments next time soy boy

Looked up movnat, seems like a meme desu. Can you tell me more about it?

I hurt your fees fees and now you can't respond logically.

its great if your a beginner since you can basically workout whenever you get a short break and cant be in the gym. lifting is still probably more effective so you might as well do both

how am i supposed to respond to something i didn't say? its not my fault you don't know how to read

Movnat is simple.
Just get half nekkid and run around in the wildnerness.
See a log? Pick it up and squat overhead preass or run hills with it
See a low hanging sturdy branch? do some chinups
See a rock? Pick that shit up and throw it around
See a nice place to swim go for a fucking swim.

It's basically just going out into nature and having a bit of an adventure.

Nigga when someone asks a kid who is strongest they'll say Eddie hall gymnast and calisthenics are literally who tier.

>strongman isn't who tier

The only reason I watched that shit at all is because le mountain competes. Eddie hall is a fuckin douche who cut a scar over his eye to look mean.

Yet his deadlift has more views than any calisthenics shit in the last 10 years.

Since when are what kids think the metric of strength? There are different strengths. Eddie hall is strong at deadlifts, but probably can't do a muscle up, strict or not, so he is weak at that movement.

No shit retard but that isn't what this thread is about. Why are you even bringing up what is and isn't "who tier" .. how is that an argument that validates anything as to what the OP was asking.

Bodybuilders are simply trying to create an aesthetic based on the illusion of strength, key word being "illusion"

I'm sure he can do a muscle up no problem strength facilities technique every time. Even Westside shat on Olympic lifters when pendley came to their gym by having guys who never done a snatch do more than a guy that practiced technique for years.

Body builders Have very high absolute strength but also have high strength deficits, there is no illusions, they just haven't made the neural adaptation necessary to voluntarily use their strength capacity but the strength is there.

I really doubt he could do one.

>BBer training to raise strength
>PL\SM trying to gain mass
Who would make the faster gains??

>Squat racks are expensive.
Front squats

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx45nUETmIA

Bw training