A meta-analysis of 13 randomized controlled trials suggested that people on ketogenic diets tend to lose more weight...

A meta-analysis of 13 randomized controlled trials suggested that people on ketogenic diets tend to lose more weight and keep more of it off than people on low-fat diets. People placed on these diets often report decreased hunger, according to Amy Miskimon Goss, PhD, RD

Additionally, the ketogenic diet may not affect metabolism the same way other diets do. In a previous study, Ludwig found that metabolism slowed by more than 400 kcal/d on a low-fat diet while there was no significant decline in metabolic rate on a very low-carb diet.

Despite decades of dietary guidelines promoting low-fat eating, around 40% of US adults and 19% of US children are now obese.

Despite being allowed to eat fat to satiety, people on a ketogenic diet often experience rapid weight loss—up to 10 pounds in 2 weeks, noted Goss, who researches the diet and uses it to treat obesity and type 2 diabetes

Meanwhile, because many people feel less hungry on a ketogenic diet, they often naturally reduce their overall caloric intake, which could aid in their weight loss, said Bruce Bistrian, MD, PhD

There’s also increasing interest in the ketogenic diet for diabetes management. Insulin sensitivity improves on the diet—although the mechanisms are not entirely clear—along with glycemic control.

Beyond helping people reduce their weight and get control of their blood glucose, ketogenic diets may also be heart-healthy, thanks to improvements in triglycerides, high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol levels, abdominal circumference, and blood pressure.

A diet that lets a person eat fat to satiety—even saturated fat—without relying on calorie counting and still lose substantial weight, treat diabetes into remission, raise HDL levels, and lower triglycerides and blood pressure? It could be game changing for the field of chronic disease—if the benefits pan out in large-scale trials and can be sustained by many.

Other urls found in this thread:

authoritynutrition.com/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Blah blah blah stop trying to push your gay meme diet. Weightloss is all about CICO. Period. Fuck off.

Keto works well but it fucks up my lifts

Higher fat intake with 100-150g carbs per day is a happy spot for me

Been on keto for two weeks. First week lost ten pounds, obviously water weight. This week lost 2 pounds, pants fit better, lifts still going up but I'm a noob.

Started keto last November, lost 20 pounds so far with 4-5 days a week swimming

Are you actually going to link or site this meta analysis or are you just going to assert it exists like a fucking retard.

>stop eating shit food
>start eating good food and less food in general
>lose weight

Shocking. You can do the same without doing keto.

>weight loss is all about CICO
>doesnt know about how different calories and nutrients affect your hormones, which has a larger affect on your metabolic processes that manage weight

CICO is a good gauge, but 1000 cals of Fat/Protein is not the same on your body and weight as 1000 cals of sugar.

You're right. 1000kcals of fat/protein is absolute shit for your hormones, whereas 1000kcals of carbs would play a large role in maintaining proper hormonal function. While a minimal amount of fats and protein would be needed, a diet high in carbs is literally the best thing you can do as an athlete/bodybuilder.

The problem with keto, and low carb diets in general, is that it doesn't take into account the long term effects of eating a low fiber diet. Colon cancer, stomach cancer, and heart disease being some of the more serious issues.

There are also long term complications from eating very high amounts of saturated fats. It is scientifically shown that saturated fat is linked to heart disease.

It also requires supplementation of many vitamins due to being low in plant material.

Basically, fuck off with your shitty fad diet.

But it depends on what KIND of carbs. Refined or processed carbs or sugar that massively spike your insulin levels do serious damage over time.

The fact that 1000 cals of Oatmeal is very different than 1000 cals of pure cane sugar proves in one comparison that CICO is at best an incomplete explanation and guideline, and at worst, completely incorrect.

I just want to know what kind of meat that is on the side. Looks damn good.

From personal experience keto is absolutely shit, if you want a diet and have pathological issues i honestly think water fasting is less harmful or you can try going began for a while.

>keto is shit, for no reason
>join the meme cult of hipsters instead lmao

any other advice?

>thinks keto means no vegetables

S O Y B O Y
O
Y
B
O
Y

Not OP, but the amount of retardation in this thread is hilarious. keto and low carb diets in general are the most effective diets out there when it comes to weightloss, this has actually been proven by twenty fucking three comparative studies and is inarguable. Yet effective weightloss is not the only benefit of Keto/low carb as it also normalizes your blood sugar tot he point where it can reverse type 2 diabetes as well as improves your HD/LD cholesterol ratio, which is assumed to be a marker for cardiovascular disease.

Not him, but read this:
authoritynutrition.com/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/

>no sauce

And if you're concerned about eating lots of fat due to saturated fat being "bad" for you...

you've no clue how you body breaks down molecules. it take more energy to break a stronger bond, 2 different types of food will have two different bonds meaning two different amounts of energy to break them down into usable molecules.
say that if i ate 3000 calories worth of deep fried potato as appose to 3000 calories of fried fish. what you trying to tell me is your body will burn exactly the same amount of energy to break these foods down into their usable molecules? if you think this you are mentally challenged and know nothing about chemistry or physics.

>Colon cancer, stomach cancer, and heart disease being some of the more serious issues.
None of this is actually proven by anything.

>It is scientifically shown that saturated fat is linked to heart disease.
Actually, it was scientifically shown that exactly the opposite is true. Ancel Keys' """research""" has been debunked a long while ago, yet the American Heart Association refuses to alter their dietary guidelines even in the face of overwhelming evidence simply because they are more interested in selling drugs than making people actually healthy. Meanwhile, Murika gets fatter and less heart-healthy by the year.

So I fell for the steak and eggs breakfast meme last year. It was delicious and made me feel great but wouldn't all that meat eventually take a toll on your heart? I'm not at all deep into the science but I say this because I would start to get some mild chest pains during strenuous activity on this diet which went away me after reverting back to the basic bitch Cheerios diet. For now I spread out my consumption of steak and eggs, but if science proves it's okay to do otherwise, I'd run back to that daily habit in a heartbeat.

>study cites antiquated and utterly retarded low-fat diets as a comparison
disregarded

Any type of low fat diet is antiquated and utterly retarded and the goal of said analysis was to show exactly that as well as show the effectiveness of a high fat diet (because keto is inherently high fat, since you can't survive on protein alone and your carb intake will be so minuscule that you will enter ketosis).

How is meat going to take a toll on your heart? By having saturated fat? Read this then and stop being a bitch. The thing you should be concerned with meat, though, is processing. Processed meat products like commercial bacon are shit, because they contain preservatives and even can be loaded with sugar. If you want to eat bacon, get actual bacon from your local butcher, not the packaged trash they sell in supermarkets.

saved with the same filename

uh, what now? is this some next level bait? fat is absolutely essential for hormone production. the body can produce its own carbs from protein. Carbs are literally just fuel, there is no benefit to them outside of that, and if you don't use them then you get fucked. The biggest risk factor for heart disease is high insulin resistance. Hmm I wonder what makes you have that problem

retard

Watch the show Freaky Eaters and search the episode with the guy that only eats meat (not the one who only eats RAW meat). It's on Youtube. The test results they present are more trustworthy than anyone on this site. Give that show a watch and nevermind these faggots.

>it take more energy to break a stronger bond
It does, but the calories you burn digesting food is negligible. You're retarded and you probably think you can lose weight by drinking cold water too, right? Idiot.