Are you even trying?

Other urls found in this thread:

ruled.me/ketoproof-coffee/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1373635/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

quality post about Veeky Forums

Wait people do this?

What a retarded thing to do

Wtf never seen before. Is it actually a thing?

but I do
>tfw out of kerrygold unsalted

Trying to get a stroke ?

i do this sometimes taste good, but the butter sits at the back of your throat.

Butter and coconut oil with your coffee, blended. Also know as "bullet-proof coffee" and popular with keto and paleo people. Having done keto myself and dropping a ridiculous amount of weight in a very short period of time, I can attest to the effectiveness of bullet-proof coffee.

That said, I would not recommend this if you are not carefully tracking your diet and in ketosis. Like, I would love some right now but my body is back to a "Hey, let's store this fat" state so it would be detrimental.

forgot the coconut oil and cocoa powder

>doing keto

Lmao m8 what’s wrong with you?

Your rapid weight loss is more likely due to loss of glycogen from your muscles and liver caused by ketosis, chances are that bulletproof coffee in itself had little to do with it.

A dose of bulletproof coffee made as originally instructed contains about 60% of my daily fat intake, with little micronutriens and more than enough saturated fats, leaving very little room for planning the rest of my meals. So yah, I'm going to give this meme a pass and have a big bowl of oats for breakfast.

My gf puts cheese in her coffee.

ur gf is a slut

Stop trying to shill your shitty meme diet.

>he doesn’t eat a stick of butter for breakfast

>recommended daily intake
Jesus Christ, people still fall for this government meme?

I am not going argue the merits or flaws of keto or paleo with anyone on this board. Nor am I saying that bullet-proof coffee alone was source of my weight loss. I know how much I lost, I know how much my blood work numbers inproved across the board, I know how much of an impact it had on my muscle mass (next to none). You can think differently all day long and I'm totally fine supporting you in what you have found works "for you". I know what worked "for me" to help drop the last 45lbs. to get to 205 and start getting back into weight training properly.

I'm not shilling anything and something that's been around in one form or another for 20+ years is hardly a meme. Some one asked if people actually "do that" and I simply answered with two diets were it's reasonably popular. That's it.

>Putting a slab of butter in your cup
>Not blending your coffee with your butter to create delicious frothy butter coffee

>60% of my daily fat intake
so you're saying that you eat less than 30g of fat per day? because you don't add more than 10g of butter on coffee lol

>about 60% of my daily fat intake
>leaving very little room for planning the rest of my meals

You sound like a homo

I was grossly overweight after quitting smoking. Put on 70+ lbs.. So overweight for my frame that exercising was legitimately difficult and hell on my knees. I managed to work off 20lbs. but stalled and no amount of diet change or exercise moved it for over a year. Tried keto seriously and dropped 45lbs. in less than 2 months. Finally at 205, I am back in the gym after years out and happy I found it. I get that people think it's a crock but it worked for me. That's all I am saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

>one thread died for this
ISHIGGYDIGGY

>trying this hard to sabotage NYfags
Why do you have to be so cruel?

sounds like a nice laxative replacement

funny you mention it, I just finished taking a massive morning log

>low energy low carb faggots need to put literal 99% fat on their stimulant drinks in order to have the energy to move around

Fucking pathetic lmao.

>I know how much of an impact it had on my muscle mass (next to none)

HAHAHAHAHA
Who GIVES A FUCK about some random online nobody who probably looks like shit and has little to 0 muscle mass?
EVERYSINGLE FAGGOT on the 4000 calories keto challenge on youtube has LOST MUSCLE EVEN IF FAT GAIN WAS PRESENT, it is a meme diet of the worst caliber possible, it is a fucking nightmare to be on keto and be social, you have to worry about stupid shit like electrolytes, hydration, keto flu, drop in performance and fucking insulin spikes when eating something tasty that doesn't even have any sugar.

nice job bro, you're making it

I got for about 0,5g/lb of bodyweight as that's the general recommendation that I've read from several sources, I have no idea what the government recommendation is. Based on my experiments, going higher than that hasnt' made much difference, and I'm trying a controlled bulk so I'd rather take the calorie surplus from carbs, which increase my performance in the gym whlist having to ride a bike a lot.

Cool, congrats for your progress man. What I meant was that the larger initial weight loss in keto compared to vanilla calorie restricted diets is largely due to the rapidly depleting glycogen storages, in the long term the total amount weight lost tends to taper to about the same. This probably isn't the right time to discuss glycogen vs. ketones as the primary source of fuel, so let's skip that.

I've tried keto years back and it worked, but lifting fucking sucked and my diet started to give me heartburns, and once I couldn't figure out any other ways to tweak my diet I decided to stop it. Low fat, moderate carb diet is much more comfortable. Taking most of the carbs from high fat dairy products during keto could fix my heartburn issue, so that's something I may try in future.

The recipe that I read said 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil/MCT, making for a total of about 50g of fats. I eat about 80-85g of fat per day.

You sound like a fat slob who doesn't lift.

>HAHAHAHAHA
>Who GIVES A FUCK about some random online nobody who probably looks like shit and has little to 0 muscle mass?

Exactly.

same here bro

The strict dietary requirements make keto a good choice for overweight/obese people when they're doing that first cut.

>he doesnt take his coffee black

I like my coffee big and black

funny, i feel the exact same way about bloatmaxxers

they're such disgusting vile creatures, they almost belong in FPH threads

>Jesus Christ, people still fall for this government meme?

the government basically recommended the opposite of keto for years, low-fat and high-carb

in fact I think they still do. you're the one on the government meme diet bro

>Drank too much “brain enhancing” bean water and now will lose all hair

Tbh the only reason diets like this exist is like what he said. To find the easiest way to cut. All these fad diets work because the rat decided to actually give 100% and use all their will power to reach a goal. It’s actually great to see all the diets and programs that give people a chance to live the other part of their life instead of being in their head all the time.

>2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil/MCT

why did you need to mix two fats? why not just 4 tablespoons of butter?

also, where did you come up with the amount of grams for your coffee or per day?

Thanks for pointing out that MCT is the thing you really want in that morning coffee. Fat can be gotten else where

>big bowl of oats
enjoy your man boobs

there is no excuse unless you are mountaineer currently trying to climb an eight-thousander

explain

Yea what if you slip from the coconut oil on your hands?

>trying to get that good mammalian estrogen in my coffee

No thx senpai

bulletproof coffee has been debunked several times

its called bulletproof coffee, some people basically skip breakfast and only drinks this shit.

Eat big, shit big

how does one "debunk" a coffee several times?

are you trying to say it's not ketogenic?

>healthy fats
>antioxidants
>caffeine
no john you are the retards

No he's saying that the satiety you get from bulletproof coffee is not worth the calories. Eating more fat does not equal ketosis.

I've been putting cinnamon sticks in mine

what's wrong with extra calories? lots of people have trouble getting enough on their current diet

god tier butter taste
you can do serious bulk on kerrygold and schwarzbrot as main bulk source

btw I‘d share my butter with (you)

The two sources of fats is in every description of bulletproof coffee that I've read.

As for the amounts, here's one source:
ruled.me/ketoproof-coffee/

Enjoy sucking cock for a living.

In your what?

not eating 250g butter/day
hahaha twink

try finnu imo it's much better.

I know this is hard to understand, but some people on this forum have been making gains long enough that they have to cut. Counting calories and optimizing the macro ratios will eventually become essential once you pack on enough weight and are no longer 20 years old.

better to bulk on myprotein peanutbutter

Forgive me bloatfather for I have sinned. How many penitent zercher front raises do I have to do to correct my sin?

delet
I‘m allergic to that godly shit.
I wish I could eat it desu

still,
cobra mogging geeks

that coffee has like 200 calories in it, who the fuck falls off the wagon with that 200 calories?
going keto should help you burn fat anyway

also, just because "some" people happen to be on a cut at the time, what does that have to do with the coffee being "debunked" ???

1 for evry gram you missed today, geek

The recipe linked above calls for a total of about 450 calories, that's what I'm basing my view on. It's just impractical, that's all. If you make it a half dose then great, but it still seems like a suboptimal breakfast, even for those doing a ketogenic diet.

I haven't called bulletproof coffee being debunked, all I'm saying is that it's a meme. If you're on keto, go ahead and do it, it's better than not taking in the calories. Mixing fats with your coffee has zero effect on you burning more body fat, but if it makes you feel better while you're losing body fat then that's good, keep at it bro.

>healthy fats

Want to know how I know you're retarded?

you sound like the dumbest fucking clown on here
kill yourself post-haste

Are you retarded?
A big bowl of oats is massively superior to drinking a fucking bulletproof coffe with a healthy dose of the most concentrated form of female hormones in the human diet.
Kill yourself please.

>a big bowl of sugar

want to know how i know you're projecting?

is it the 1970's? or are you a vegan?

You kill yourself.
This retarded bulletproof scam and ketozealotry needs to die off, nobody worth their salt who is natty does keto in any sort of sport or even bodybuilding.
Keto is only for people who have severe neurological disorders, not for people who might have some insulin resistance who would just get better if they stopped being fat fucks.

>generalizing complex carbs as sugar because your pea brain can't comprehend general nutrition or biology

>carb baby damage control

Oats don't have sugar they have starch and fiber you moron.
Also sugar requires an elevated spike in insulin in order to be stored as fat, while fat doesn't require any insulin spikes.

>Mixing fats with your coffee has zero effect on you burning more body fat, but if it makes you feel better while you're losing body fat then that's good, keep at it bro.

you need a certain macro of fat to be in ketosis, someone came up with a recipe to get more said fat into diet

how can you claim that hitting the keto macros, which leads to ketosis, which leads to fat burning, has zero effect on your body burning more fat?

are you really basing it on calories and nothing else? I just don't follow your logic. weight loss is a lot more complicated than just CICO

i wish i was there to rip your tongue out and shove it up your loose asshole

people do the keto diet to lose weither you utter utter twat, and guess what - THEY LOSE WEIGHT

>weither
>weight

>what are carbs
>what are simple sugars
>why does insulin spike so high when carbs

No, it's based off the current and best research. They were right in the 70s when they actually gave a shit about performing non-shilled experiments.

Fat loss is a lot more complicated than just CICO yeah, but good thing CICO takes into context actual calories you get from said macronutrient, and how metabolism affects cell energy status.
In ketosis fat oxidation does go up, but the problem is that you're also eating and storing more fat, and thus you reach a balance regardless of your fat:carb intake ratio as long as the calories are the same.
Carbs need insulin in order for their metabolites to be stored as fat, fat requires very little insulin, and it is always stored FIRST and then burned second, so if you're eating more fat but eating less carbs, even if you have less insulin which is an anabolic storage hormone you are still gonna keep the same bodyfat%.

the studies on fat back then were funded by the sugar industry. this is provable

Yeah, please enlighten me because that makes 0 fucking sense

>Not putting onion in your coffee

Disqualified as a man.

Fiber and starch aren't digested and metabolised the same as sugar.
Oats aren't sugar.
Oats are less insulinogenic than beef.
You're a retard.

People that do keto ONLY lose "weight" if they eat less than they need to maintain "weight".
I'm assuming by "weight" you mean fat.
Stop being a retard and use proper terminology.
Losing weight is meaningless, losing fat however isn't, and in the context of an isocaloric diet when fiber and protein intakes are the same, a low fat diet would actually help more with muscle mass retention and gain than a low carb diet, but in terms of fat loss would probably be equal

This. If it works for you and can fit it into your macros, more power too you.

That being said, I fell for the meme and tried it once. Fucking hated the taste and was still starving by lunchtime.

>no response
Pic related, I'm guessing.

Shortly put, why not just eat some eggs with your coffee?

AFAIK in order to optimize muscle protein synthesis you want to have several spikes of sufficient protein sprinkled throughout the day, preferably at at least 3 hour intervals.

Can you give me a reason why you should have a meal without protein as your 1st meal of the day?

Quick answer.
Because people who unironically drink coffe with butter are uneducated on how a profer diet should be structured.

HAHAHAHAHAHAA you look like a weak fuck.

>Cassia cinnamon
shaking my baka to be desu

simple just read your posts again

Can't eat a solid breakfast. Am tired of choccy milk/proton shakes so I take this instead sometimes.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1373635/

says the faget who doesn't post pic

> but the problem is that you're also eating and storing more fat
how are you storing more? whatever you don't use from carbs is going to be stored as fat during glucogenisis anyway isn't it?

>so if you're eating more fat but eating less carbs, even if you have less insulin which is an anabolic storage hormone you are still gonna keep the same bodyfat%.

if you lower your carb intake, your insulin levels should go down, which means you should be able to access the fat you're storing in your body more easily. if your goal is fat loss, high insulin is your #1 enemy.

then if you go into ketosis you will burn said fat

therefore, it makes sense to me that even if a gram of fat has more than twice the calories as a gram of sugar, if you're eating the exact same caloric amount of them, just the two acts of lowering insulin, and going into ketosis alone should mean that you should almost naturally enter a lower bodyfat% at the same levels of calories

you could even incorporate some fasting to lower your insulin resistance/calorie levels even more if needed, or to make slight adjustments

pure broscience right here, how's that college gym treating you?

Sure, you're absolutely right. I'm just making an ass out of myself trying to be a supreme gentleman and reason with these eternal DYELs and NYRists in order to stop them doing their stupid shit.