/ACNE/ Thread discuss acne treatments, before and after

I've had trouble with back acne for 4 fucking years, 4 fucking years i havent been able to get rid of this shit, i've tried lymeceline, multiple creams and "instant remover" spot creams, nothing has seemed to work.

What can I do to fix my bacne?

Also I have no acne on my face whatsoever, amazingly i just have it on my back and in a small concentrated amount on my chest, on my back its getting in the way of my squat, as each time i put the barbell on my back it hurts the spots. This is such a fuckin issue for me in all aspects of life, its not even just aesthetics.

accutane

How much water are you drinking? When i started drinking a gallon a day i saw my acne lessen so try that out

What worked for me is

5-6 cups of green tea a day
Jojoba oil

Typically a normal amount of 1.5-2 litres a day, do you really think doubling that will help my skin tremendously?

It's literally genetic. Go to dermatologist and get accutane. "Cutting dairy" or whatever other internet bullshit won't do anything.

depressed mood, trouble concentrating, sleep problems, crying spells, aggression or agitation, changes in behavior, hallucinations, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;

sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;

blurred vision, sudden and severe headache or pain behind your eyes, sometimes with vomiting;

hearing problems, hearing loss, or ringing in your ears;

seizure (convulsions);

severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate;

loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);

severe diarrhea, rectal bleeding, black, bloody, or tarry stools;

fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms, purple spots under your skin, easy bruising or bleeding;

severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash; or

joint stiffness, bone pain or fracture.

Less serious Accutane side effects may include:

joint pain, back pain;

feeling dizzy, drowsy, or nervous;

dryness of the lips, mouth, nose, or skin; or

cracking or peeling skin, itching, rash, changes in your fingernails or toenails.

looking at all these side effects idk if they're just memes or not but it really scares me to go on something as nuclear as accutane.

All you can do try, getting more fluids to the body helps get bad bactiria out of the pores

Also pic related its my back

Have you tried lifting

why are you reddit spacing??? is that genetic too?

I'm 25 and do get some bacne, but very rarely breakout on my face anymore. Usually just a stray pimple here or there. However my face does get pretty oily, mainly my forehead, nose, and cheekbones. Anyone have any tips on dealing with this garbage? My hygiene is fine, bathe every day, keep my hair cut short. Have tried all sorts of cleansers but nothing really works.

Fasting. Autophagy and detox will destroy the dead cells that clog up your pores and give you acne cysts.

t. Had your exact same problem on both back and face.

get tetracycline

its not as strong as accutane but theres no side effects (the shittiest part of using it is you have to take it on an empty stomach)

i've been using it for the past two months & seen great resuts

I took Accutane for like 4 months. I didn't feel any of those symptoms BUT my cholesterol went to shit and the dry lips are shit.

I had bad body acne in high school. I bought dandruff shampoo with salicylic acid and a poofy body wash thing. Use the dandruff shampoo as a body wash a couple times a week. It cleared everything up for me.

>Shower with soap once a day.
>Wash face cold water/soap morning
>Wear a clean tee to bed
>Wash/change your bed sheets / pillow covers often
>Dont eat shit

t. Former acne ridden faggot.

Stop eating dairy you retard
99% of my body acne faded away after I stopped doing dairy

how do you hit your daily calorie intake without milk?

Oh and I use castille soap too. Regular soap fucks my skin up

when I was like 20 I got some backne. hitting a tanning bed completely removed all of it everytiem.
have any of you tried it?

Do you use a conditioner? Im 22 but i am about in the same situation and i find if i use conditioner it gets my face pretty oily

I know your pain user. Pic related is my back. My face used to be pretty bad, but I'm doing /No soap/ right now and it's cleared up my face good enough. As for my back, minimal improvement, although it's hard to see new acne inbetween all the red blotches. I've tried Accutane but it almost Rich Piana'd my liver so that's a no go and no other soap/ cleanser will work. Inb4 diet. It's already clean and dairy doesn't make me flair up
>This is such a fuckin issue for me in all aspects of life, its not even just aesthetics.
I know that pain

Fear mongering.
Fuck off.
The only thing I experienced during my time on accutane was minor joint aches at first and severely dry lips/face.

has anyone else had whey protein make them break out like a motherfucker? as soon as I switched from whey to plant based protein my cystic acne decreased by about 75%

I reintroduced whey into my diet to see if it was the cause and shortly after broke out like crazy again. guess I'll sacrifice the whey for now

Holy shit that’s bad. At least you don’t have 2 mountains growing on your face like me. Fuck this gay earth.

dairy doesnt make it flare up but did you ever think it might be the overall cause?

I use a 2-in-1 at the moment since it was on sale, but I don't usually condition. Come to think of it though it did seem to get a bit worse than usual since using this so I'll look into it, never thought about conditioner being a cause. Thanks for the heads up.

No, most likely not. I completely cut out dairy (no cheese, milk, yoghurt ect) for 2+ weeks and saw zero improvement. I do live in Canada and I know they don't put as many hormones (if any) in our milk here compared to the states (assuming you are from there). I do know eating a lot of sweets makes it come out though. Happened around Halloween when I binged on chocolate. Pic related is also my back in different lighting

Ive taken accutane but now im getting zits again (less than before)... besides the expense of accutane im scared of getting the depression and severe anxiety again. It barely went away but fuck was it bad. What do lads?

No it's not fuck face.
Acne is hormonal, which can easily be influenced by diet. Dairy is a well known contributor to acne.

Holy fuck anons. I thought I had bad bacne, but this is a whole new level. Anyways, try this shit. It cleared up mine in about 3 months.

I'm 28 and have had cystic bacne since 16.

I still have it and my back looks like the moon.

I'm going to a derma soon, but what do you suggest besides Accutane?

And what scares treatment do you recommend? Laser? Peels? Something else?

Try /no soap/. Only wash face/affected areas with water. It cleared my fsce up about 90%. Or switch diet up. No sweets/added sugar/refined carbs and lots of water

>It cleared up mine in about 3 months.
Is it completely gone now? Does it come back?

I did this and it worked great. BUT, you have to shower right after working out/while you're still sweating, or it doesn't work.

But my face gets oily as fuck

sit outside shirtless with your back facing the midday sun

Of course. Forgot to mention that Mine as well, mostly my nose. I just blot my skin several times through the day to remove excess oil

Taking acutane right now first month. 25
No sides but dry lips, all lifts are progressing at same rate with high volume and frequency +no loss in mma training efficiency or intensity
Things that -helped- before acutane:
>consistent hydration
>sunbathing
>wood alcohol based cleaners like sea breeze with cotton pads
>Get gf to pop bacne
I just had to lance a four month cyst on my ear, bad move since I scar easily now from the acutane but it was painful and I always felt like people were staring at it.

Now they just stare at the giant scab.

I use that bar cushion thing when i squats because it puts tons of pressure on my bacne.
I feel like a pussy but it helps

get some oil blotting sheets for your face they're great

Go no soap, eat clean, and get into a tanning bed on a regular basis. Also, don't pop the zits.

You might also want to look into a skin probiotic. Basically a spray with live bacteria.

I don't know if it works for back acne but this worked for my face. Always take freezing cold showers, cold water hydrates the skin while hot makes skin dry. Cut out dairy milk, I use almond milk. When you wash your skin try to rub it in for about thirty seconds but make sure you dont wipe the moisture off with a towel

>Also, don't pop the zits.
ALWAYS pop the zits. Do not listen to this user. I listened to my parents about not popping zits "because it causes scarring", but if you leave puss to just sit there and become more and more infected you will end up with a hole in your skin. I did it when I had face acne and I have holes in my nose that could have healed over nicely if I just popped that shit like I usually did. Its legit embarrassing and have even had people ask me if I have had nose rings (no I haven't.) POP those zits!

I feel your pain, boys. I went from Chad in highschool to ugly in college, and only now am I starting to recover, after 3-4 years of battling this shit (I'm 20). My acne, like most of you guys, is genetic; we've been curse. I've tried anti-biotics, prescription creams, home remedies.

In the past 3 or so months I've had the most drastic improvement in years, and not because of any special cream. In fact, the meme-iest of remedies seemed to have helped me a lot.

>100% Works
Recently went on vacation and I don't know if it was the sea water or the sun, or a combination of both, but my chest and face acne literally disappeared, leaving me only with a bit of acne and scarring on my back. However, you can't go on vacation all the time, so on to the daily stuff.

>90% sure works
Moisturiser. I'm sure many of you already do this, because literally everyone in derma care says to do it, but for the retards like me that did so sparingly because they think it exacerbates acne, trust me, moisturize EVERYTHING when you get out the shower.

>Not sure if works
Here come the memes. I started taking cold showers and doing NoFap around the same time, so I can't say for certain which one was doing the work, but I can say that these two steps were the start of my dramatic recovery. I really don't know what it is, but maybe there's truth to the broscience somewhere.

I know these "remedies" seem retarded, but I can't stress how much my body has changed in the past 3 months, after YEARS of battling acne and trying all kinds of shit

>TLDR
Salt water & sun, moisturiser, NoFap, cold showers

I use spironolactone for my acne. seems to work well enough.

I don't know if you're talking about blackheads, which are different, but definitely DON'T pop inflamed, whitehead acne. I kick myself every time I do it, but my skin used to be absolutely DISGUSTING with acne scars, but it has since cleared up now that I've started to truly force myself to stop picking at the zits. They almost always inevitably get worse. Just remember that puss is just white blood cells. Let your body do it's thing without opening up the wound to more infection

what helped my facial acne was eating clean (lots of fruits and veggies), sleeping consistently and regularly, exercising vigorously, and using micellar water, a foaming cleanser, and a non-comedogenic moisturizer (check out cerave products)

try to make your daily schedule very consistent and stay busy with work/hobbies/etc to keep your mind off of the acne--helpa reduce stress

Use aloe vera gel (the ones in the circular green jar)
Higher percentage the better and only costs like $3
Apply this to all your affected areas after a shower. This is the bread and butter for your routine. Let that shit dry first
After that, apply acne . org benzoyl peroxide 2.5%, wait 5 mins for it to dry.
Finally, apply acne . org 10% AHA glycolic acid cream.
Start off with thin coat on small portion of your affected areas cus the cream is strong af and you need to get used to it.
Otherwise it's gonna burn like a bitch.
Start to use a little bit more and more of the AHA once your skin begins to get used to the acid.
If it's too painful, then I'd suggest using BP for at least 2 weeks first before the AHA
This is what worked for me tho, I'm not an expert lol but goodluck bro we're all gonna make it

Self medicate with accutane or at least get a prescription but run it the following way. Dermatologists are retards like you wouldn't believe, you'll get prescribed ridiculous doses like 1mg/kg body weight every day. What you should do is 20mg every 3 days for a month, then gaugeing by your response either keep it up for 3-4 more months or up the frequency to every two days or maybe every day. It's very unlikely you need it ed. After the initial 3-4 months of use figure out where you are in terms of acne and then either keep it up for a bit more or taper off with a month of 20mg every week.

Literally no sides and your face and body will be amazing.

my acne came from mostly dairy, eating certain acidic foods (tomatoes, peppers, apple cider vinegar or anything vinegar), and sugar. I honestly wanted to give up but found out that raising my insulin was causing the most acne for me. Eating beans and lentils was a godsend for me since I can still have my carbs but without the side effects.

My depression and anxiety kicked in overdrive during the 6-7th month.. i wanted to quit that shit so bad... i would get random moments at work where i would become extremely sad that i wanted to cry no joke ...

Actually i do blot my face many times a day but not with those blot sheets. I use the wrap paper thats used for the toliets (this is a life hack btw so you wont have to spend 5 bucks for those tiny little sheets) it works great and absorbs your oils. But still the face collects dirt and dust throughout the day so just using water is a terrible idea and youre just asking for your pores to get clogged.

>like 1mg/kg body weight every day
Why is this bad?

Way stronger sides for not that faster or better results. More isn't necessarily better.

Right, but is it detrimental in any way?

Detrimental in what way? Accutane is very hepatoxic which is why you shouldn't drink or take other drugs that tax the liver. The more you take, the more your liver suffers and more pronounced are other sides (joint pain, dry lips, lethargy etc). You can achieve the same results taking a lower dose for a slightly longer time, with less liver stress.

It is? Isn't it just like a massive dose of vitamin A or something?

I have the same experience as , I had to pop my zits as fast as they appeared. If left alone they would become massive and leave scars. Go watch Josefa M Reina videos on youtube, she does an amazing job.
Nowadays I'm mostly clear. I get lots of antioxidants and zinc in my diet, probiotics, lots of water; no soap only water for wash. I also do 16/8 IF, it helps the skin heal faster, it's great.

Use Penoxyl. Works amazing

this.
accutane not only has shitty side effects; in most cases it's not a permanent solution. acne is a continuous inflammatory reaction and is likely avoidable. find out if you have any food allergies or intolerances. take a dairy-free probiotic daily to promote gut health. switch to hypoallergenic household products. i had SEVERE cystic acne on my face and body for 6 years and up to the point of getting on accutane, i had tried "everything"... except for realising that acne is not just an unavoidable hormonal reaction. i no longer experience breakouts. the biggest factor in healing your body is diet and good gut health. skincare products are secondary.

Nowhere near completely gone, user, and I'll keep the scars forever (along with my wicked nasty back stretch marks), but it definitely reduced the cyst part of the cystic acne. Now it's mostly just miscolored patches with the occasional pimple. I would include a picture but I can't figure out how to take one that shows it fully.

Alright, but what's the downside?

None of you have that many pimples, its 90% acne scars. Consider laser surgery, nothing else is going to work.

>get gf to pop bacne
What's up with chicks and their obsession to pop pimples? My ex used to beg me to pop my pimples, and her female cousin even worked for "Dr. Pimple Popper" on instagram

im on accutane right now (3,5 months in), and here's the things from your list which are true;

[you must be prone to these things beforehand, accutane just enhances it]
>depressed mood
>trouble concentrating
>sleep problems
>crying spells
>aggression or agitation

[physical things]
>blurred vision (part of drowsiness)
>loss of appetite
>dark urine
>joint stiffness
>joint pain
>back pain
>feeling dizzy, drowsy, or nervous;
>dryness of the lips, mouth, nose, or skin

i have to pause lifting for this

I was on Accutane for nearly 8 months on the max dosage. I didn't have any problems while on it.
You get bloodwork done once or twice a month while you're on it anyway so they can monitor any side effects before you feel it.

only cholesterol, mild back pain, dry lips and eyes for me, i'm on 3rd month. i thought i was always a depressive guy, but looking at how it helped clean my face, my mood is much better than before. i'm happy, just a few negligible side effects.

How do i get rid of scars without surgeries and (((creams))).

25 yo with shoulder and backne. I've found reducing caffeine (coffee and tea) and drinking 1 gallon of water a day, and exfoliating with one of those electric body scrubbers in the shower with your preferred cleanser really helped. And, of course, losing weight.

Benzoyl peroxide best thing ever

Doctor put me on Doxycycline for my face, cleared it the fuck up and same with my bacne. I had constant half inch pulsing whiteheads on my shoulders and they're all gone.

Of course doesn't mean it will work for you guys, but maybe check it out.

Anyone else have acne scarring on their chest and back? If I ever somehow had sex should I pretend my chest and back aint covered in scars or what?

Another thing getting in the ocean seems to help a lot of people with is chronic foot odor. One of my sons had terrible foot smells. A couple trips to the shore sorted it out permanently. No idea what was living on his feet but it didn't like sea water at all. Hasn't been a problem for him (or us) since.

>If I ever somehow had sex
I know that feel
Just rock it. Get a big back to draw away attention

Yes by goal is to have lots of muscle and minimal fat. But it's on my chest and back. I don't know if there are any girls that'll overlook it. It's not like I have the face of Scott Eastwood either.

Will Greek Yogurt affect acne?

probably, there are alternative ways to get protein besides dairy

Hasn't made mine any worse and I guzzle that stuff

I did microdermabrasion and it helped me a lot. It's quite expensive where I live and it makes you really sensitive to sun but it reduced breakouts by 95% and made scars less visible.

You still using it? Doesn't it just come back once you stop?

Not same up, but I tried dox several times and after I stopped using it the acne came back

restrict feeding window to 8 hours
drink lots of water
take curcumin to deal with inflammation
zinc
cod liver oil (vitamin D and vitamin A)
if you're not taking antibiotics take a probiotic
meditate to reduce stress
sleep 8 hours a night
cold showers in the morning
eat a bunch of vegetables a day.

Then live with your acne pussy..

>asks for help
>dissregards the only thing that actually helps..

Obly thing i noticed on my 6 months on accutane was the blurry sight and lights.
And dry skin thats it.