Why haven’t you taken the anchovy pill Veeky Forums?

Why haven’t you taken the anchovy pill Veeky Forums?
>full of omega 3 fats for heart health
>loaded with protein
>full of calcium, iron, and ZINC
>romans ate that shit all the time in the form of garum sauce
>cheap and sustainable
>the GOAT topping for pizzas

Do they come with the heads on? What do they taste like?

No, most are tinned and look like pic related, just fillets. They’re cured so they’ll taste a bit salty as well as fishy.

>Do they come with the heads on? What do they taste like?

Like hairy salted peanut butter

What? Never tasted like peanut butter to me

What about the mercury

Minimal if anything. Larger fish like swordfish have more of an issue with mercury content.

I have taken it, they're actually delicious

Good lad

Small, blue fishes like Mackerel and Sardines have a lot less mercury, being below the trophic chain, Sardines have a negligible amount if you compare them to Tunas.

Also I love sardines OP, I make them at home, I cure them in vinager and even fried some times.
Mackarel is pretty based too.
Another topt tier, cheap seafood are mussels, they are an euro something the KG fresh, you have only to boil them in a bit of white wine and salt (I also add some apium stalks for flavour), cover them and wait until they bubble up.

Do you guys just eat them plain?

What are some good food combos? I'm cutting btw.

Well, I eat them "cured", alone. With a toast or salad too. You can also cook with them, they make any dish with meat stronger thanks to the umami, and the flavour is so subtle only a very refined taste could discern it beyond being a bit more salt.
You can eat them roasted, in a faux ceviche, with a tomatoe salse... It's very versatile.

I've taken the sardine pill

Chicken. Caesar. Salad.

like salty tuna

eat onions, the sulfur compounds will chellate the mercury away.

I've also taken the sardine pill. Second to none.

>sustainable
>high protein
>high omega-3s
>low contaminants

dry adding some dry mustard and shallots to that white wine and salt.

Nice, wha'ts dry mustard, the seeds? Will try it.
I make them in a fuckton of ways too, the sailor way, with paella/fideua and other pastas,in escabeche... Very versatile. It's another of those sea food with lots trace minerals and sustainable. Than is dirty cheap is another plus.

fucking dumbass go guzzle mayonnaise yourself

Nice, but I'm more of a deenz guy.
Just can't beat the strong fish taste, and not big on the sodium content of the anchovy

How are they on salads?

>full of iron
I have hemochromatosis. I have to give blood just to keep my iron levels down. You guys should get yourselves checked if you havent already, especially if you're of northern european descent

Expensive

>>romans ate that shit all the time in the form of garum sauce

>he doesn't make garum sauce himself

nigga it just takes a few months of a sun-exposed pot filled with fish insides

how do you guys track the macros/kcals on stuff like mussels? I mean, 1kg of them is mostly shell

Like shit. I hate fish, I eat salmon for fish oil and health but fucking hate it. Hate all fish. Don't know why, can't stand it.

I used to eat cheese sardine sandwiches and bananas when i was a kid. Should i start this diet again?