WTF IS THIS SHIT MEME AKA STARTING STRENGTH I FINISHED MY WORKOUT IN 30 MINUTES 3 FUCKING DAYS A WEEK THAT'S 1 HOUR AND...

WTF IS THIS SHIT MEME AKA STARTING STRENGTH I FINISHED MY WORKOUT IN 30 MINUTES 3 FUCKING DAYS A WEEK THAT'S 1 HOUR AND A HALF OF WEEKLY TRAINING
>worst fucking meme
>will get you ripped my ass

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/article/the_novice_effect
startingstrength.com/get-started/programs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>get you ripped

You're lifting bitch weight. No shit you finish fast.

>get you ripped
Starting Strength is designed to get you strong at the start of your lifting career, hence the name. It's not called starting bodybuilding now is it?

I wasted a whole fuckind workour day on this shit

No i'm doing fucking cardio for 1 and a half hours thanks for jack Veeky Forums

What were you actually expecting? It sounds like you're looking for some meme workout like p90x that will just have you out of breath and make you think you're going to get shredded by doing jumping jacks.

kys faggot

I usually do full body workout where i do bench squats shoulder press and some machines that shit lasts for like 1 hour and 30 minutes

Ok so what? Why are you doing starting strength? Are you doing it to get stronger? Workout session length is not that important for strength. Long workouts are actually worse if your goal is strength. If you're doing SS to get ripped you're a dumbass.

So are you angry that it's actually saving you time by not having you dick around at the gym for over an hour or...

who told you SS would get you ripped, that's like saying "leaving the house will get you laid"

it's just one of multiple ways to start

Not OP, how long should one generally do SS for before moving onto a more intermediate program?

I just want to not be fat that's all also yeah i'm doing it for strength but if i could prolong it to an hour at least
I'm angry because i expected to be exhausted but i'm not i feel like i spent 30 minutes on my couch or something

It's programmed training you noob, if you do just the workouts, eat right and sleep right in a couple of months you'll make insane strength gains. When you can no longer make gains everyworkout you stop, hopefully at about 1/2/3/4, you will change to another program, then you can do your bodybuilding split when you're strong enough to actually move weight the matters.
You're getting the minimal effective dose to instigate the maximal amount of novice gains.

As soon as you start stalling a couple of workouts in a row, just jump straight to an intermediate programme. I wasted so much time thinking I was still a novice and shouldn't switch to an intermediate program.

until you are convinced that you are far from being able to keep up with the suggested rate of progression. it is not a question of your lifts weight but your rate of progression

Then you're lifting soyboy weight.

what are your lifts?

Sage and report bait threads nobody can be this dumb

This.
Should be common sense by now on this board

Yeah i'll probably stick to it
I wanna look like pic related but really strong basically or as strong as possible for pic related
Also i'm too fat for chin ups wat do seriously considering loosing like 30 pounds before continuing weightlifting

Then You can either stick with SS because you're workouts will get longer as you start to lift more weight, or you can switch to another program with more volume. I suggest you stick with ss and switch when you max out your linear progression.

Gotcha, I'll keep that in mind.

What is the suggested rate of progression?

Yeah i realized that bench 1 1/2 plate squat 2 pl8 dl 3pl8

were you active before you started SS? because if you weren't you are going to be feeling the DOMS tomorrow. I promise you.

those numbers are okay but still very much within the range of novice lifts.
if you stick with the program, remain patient, keep using good form, eat a lot (don't expect to lose much weight) and don't fuck around, don't add any extra lifts, don't run, don't fuck around! Just do the program for a couple months, 8-12weeks or so and hope that you can add that 5lbs per workout or that 2.5lbs or that 10lb for deadlift.
If you're getting your 1.1g/lb of protein/bw and sleeping 8+hours a night you should be able to hit that 1/2/3/4 in a couple of months. Once you stall, jump on a bodybuilding split, cut back your carbs and fat, keep protein high, throw in some cardio and shred it up like that pick.
For pullups, you can do lat pulldowns for now or the way I learned pullups was by just doing negatives (step up with a chair to top position and slowly allow yourself to lower to dead hang) you can do that 3xF. Now I do reps with 32kg on the pullup.

Sounds like SS is a good option for you then. With those lifts you should Stay on it for a few more months and if you want to get ripped eat less and do more cardio.

For the first two weeks: 5lbs on press, 5lbs on bench press, 10lbs on squat, 20lbs on deadlift.

After that you need to start alternating between power cleans and deadlifts, instead of deadlifting every workout.

You know what, read these links instead:
startingstrength.com/article/the_novice_effect
startingstrength.com/get-started/programs

There you go!

If you're overweight you can do starting strength on.a cut. He doesn't need to eat a lot

Appreciate it brother bear, thanks!

Yeah i lifted for 2 weeks on some random plan
Thing is i'm really fat like 5'11 220 lbs
But i'll try to stick to it but i'll do this also

You can? I wasn't aware, have never been that overweight, but I guess it makes sense. Still would be a good idea to count protein grams while keeping calories relatively low.

Are you doing your warm up sets like you're supposed to? You didn't start with an empty bar, right?

It took me way longer than 30 minutes to do SS each day.
>5 warm up sets squat
>3 work sets squat
>5 warm up sets bench
>3 work sets bench
>4 warm up sets deadlift
>1 work set deadlift
Total sets: 21

How are you doing 21 sets in 30 minutes? There's no way, especially if you're lifting sufficiently heavy so that you need, you know, rest in between sets.

What were your warm up sets like weight wise? What % of the weight you're actually using for the main sets did you use?

>want to gain muscle
>quitting lifting to lose weight
Don't be this retarded.

you're a fucking dumbass

Read the program bro. He outlines it for you

Answer me this: did you read the fucking book? Are you doing warm up sets? Did you start with an empty bar?

No I haven't read the book but I will and I haven't even started yet I go to the gym for the first time soon.

bump.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE INTERNET. DO NOT LISTEN TO THE INTERNET, UNLESS YOU HAVE GOD TIER GENETICS, STRENGHT TRAINING (AKA POWERLIFTING) WON'T GIVE YOU A BODY YOU LIKE.

JUMP INTO A BEGGINER PPL JUMP INTO A BEGGINER PPL.
COMPOUNDS AREN'T ENOUGH FOR ARM GROWTH.

So you must not be OP, who apparently looked up the SS phase 1 outline and didn't read anything, because he's an idiot and doing everything wrong.

I did warm ups as follows:

Squat
>2x5 empty bar
>1x5 at 40% working weight
>1x3 at 60% working weight
>1x2 at 80% working weight

Bench/OHP
>2x5 empty bar
>1x5 50%
>1x3 70%
>1x2 90%

Deadlift
>2x5 40%
>1x3 60%
>1x2 80%

As for work set weight, I don't know my 1RM for anything, so I don't think of work set weight in terms of percentages. I decided my starting work set weight using the method Rippetoe outlines, then increased it every session as outlined.

>Do not listen to the internet
>Listen to my garbage shitpost on the internet instead

Thanks man

please never make a thread again. lurk more

>warmup for press starting with the bar
>incrementally work up to working weight
>3 sets of 5 OHPs with 5-7 minutes of rest between sets
>warmup for squat starting with the bar
>3 sets of 5 Squats with 5-7 minutes of rest between sets
>warmup for deadlift (I always start at 135 tho)
>1 set of 5 DLs

If you’re finishing an SS workout in 30 minutes you’re simply not doing the program. That’s about how long your resting between sets should be alone. Don’t Straw Man.

Also, Rippetoe doesn’t claim it will get you “ripped”. He says it will make you strong. He has nothing but disdain for those who equate “razor abs” and “ripped physiques” with strength.

>not starting with squats
Looks like somebody else isn't doing the program either.

Thanks pal
I'll do this and read the sticky better also

>does starting strength when goal is bodybuilding
lmaoing at your life brainlet

asking for advice to that local gym rat is probably more optimal than takin any of the advice on this cesspool of a fuckin board

Yes thanks guys i'll try to learn more about it so shit like this doen't happen

I do start with squats, actually. No idea why I listed OHP first. Lowest work weight maybe?

Anyway, I never claimed to do SS exactly. I was just pointing out that OP claims he’s doing SS, yet couldn’t possibly be done in 30 minutes if he’s doing it right.

>1.5 hr/week
>week = 168hr
>0,01% of the time you have each week and year

I mean you have to workout a lot less than all the time, but 0.01% of your yearly time is literally degenerate levels

You are literally retarded

You are literally (as in not figuratively) as retarded as most HAES fatties

This is because despite your desire to exercise you are not only doing the wrong form of exercise for your specifc goals, probably ignoring diet or eating like an organic cow at best, but you manage to question a proven method made by someone less retarded than you!

Unrack 8pl8 bench without a spotter for some sick fat loss faggot

>2018
>people still fall for SS meme

Might as well do GOMAD too

Unironically yes if you are Auschwitz mode.

This board is fucking retarded if they think those are novice lifts.

This place i swear.

This is helping thanks
This isn't

More like enabling than helping, sadly. Everything I wrote in those posts you can find with a quick Google search or by simply reading the book like you're supposed to.

Why don't young people read or use Google?

It's not meant to help

You don't need help

You need to fix yourself on a massive scale you inbred fuck

>too fat for chin ups
you mean too weak for chin ups. do your fucking negatives, fatty. then when you can hit 3x5, start doing weighted chins. we're all gonna make it, but not if you quit lifting.

>You need to fix yourself on a massive scale
What are you even on about