Medic-bro back at it from last night, I'll be around every Wednesday and Thursday. Thinking of making it every Saturday...

Medic-bro back at it from last night, I'll be around every Wednesday and Thursday. Thinking of making it every Saturday. Basically I'm here to help you with any aches and pains that you may have and give some advice on what therapy is convenient enough for you. I may ask you to do some physical therapy here and there. I'm not just limited to physical ailments as well if you have any sickness or weird thing going on then I'm more than happy to help.

For the user last night with the weird bleeding coming from his ankles after every workout. I talked to the PA I work with and it seems that if the wounds that you get around your ankles are gushing out, almost squirting then it's possible you have something called varicose insufficiency with phlebitis. I'll start from the top. Varicose veins are basically enlarged squiggly looking veins and really any vein can turn into varicose veins. It's caused by walking upright/working out in improper ways which can cause pressure in the veins in your lower body. Varicose insufficiency is like when the veins get inflamed and cause extra blood to pool in ankles and can lead to blood breaking out of weak and thin walls of skin.

Treatment wise
If it's not gushing blood or profusely bleeding in any way then it's not varicose insufficiency and could be something else which I suggest seeing a doctor for.
Elevate legs above your heart and stretch out your lower body consistently.
Do not take any blood thinners such as aspirin
Get a compression bandage and wrap your ankles with it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HEXCk29QqvI
uofmhealth.org/conditions-treatments/scarred-nerves
nerve.wustl.edu/nd_neuroma.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Do not take any blood thinners such as aspirin
y tho

For a circulatory problem like varicose veins that will literally bleed it will thin out the blood enough to where you cannot clot correctly and if not properly treated you can lose a shitton of blood.

I get sharp, shooting pains when I squat deep. It seems putting any upward stress on my knee when bent below a certain point inflicts sharp pain. I can leg press without pain. What could this be?

>about a month ago had a weird night where i got super dizzy every time i'd lay flat on my pillow
>threw up 3 times from that
>decided the best plan of action was to sit on the floor at the foot of my bed propped up all night (mattress only came up halfway up back)
>woke up with neck pain

and now a month later, right after i wake up my neck hurts when i look down, less so when moving to the sides, gets better throughout the day, still feel it at night and i try a heating pad and it helps a bit but still pain, and in morning its back to shit

what do i do bro? obviously it came from my head slumping down when i was sleeping that one night i guess, but ive never had issues if i fall alseep in the same way in a car or something

On the off note, to treat varicose veins there's a lot of home-remedy stuff you can do.

Exercising, losing weight, wearing compression stockings and avoiding long periods of time where you stand or sit.

For everything else like laser surgeries and whatnot you'd have to see a doctor for.

how

I have a strange sensation on the left side of my back, near the rhomboid area. I've had it for like 6 months. It is a cold/pins and needles/tingly sensation, but it does not hurt. Comes and goes. I've tried rolling it out with a foam roller/lacrosse ball, getting a massage, etc. Nothing seems to help. It really doesn't bother me too much since it is pretty infrequent but I would like to get rid of it. The massage wasn't very intensive or deep, not one designed to fix problems. 20yo, 6'3, 185lb pretty lean btw

Fill this little bit out for me so I can have some more history on the matter and try to help you more.
Onset (When did you first notice pain and how do you think it first started?)
Provocations (What makes the pain better?) You've already told me what makes it worse.
Radiation (does the pain radiate up/down towards any other body part and also if you have any numbness or tingling sensations in any part?)

I'm getting recurring nerve pain or tendinitis at my eblows almost feels like the brachioradialis origin

bothers me during bench as well as pullups

Do you feel like you have a burning chest pain of sorts? If not then cool.
Honestly I'd try and find some motion sickness medications and invest in a medication called debrox, it's possible you could have an issue with your inner ear which helps you keep balance, the problem is that when you lay down it gets worse which doesn't usually happen unless something was causing your inner ears to fuck around.

Treatment
Get some debrox, clean your outer ear out.
Start the plan that is attached called the Epley maneuver
Invest in some motion sickness medications.

It has been a problem ever since I started lifting, didn't notice it beforehand. my knee feels a bit "swollen", not painful after running long distances, also, if that helps. Icing seems to help, but the pain is very acute - goes away more or less completely after I stop squatting, so pain mitigation isn't really necessary.
No numbness or radiation that I can tell, but it feels like the pain is centralized beneath the kneecap.
Thanks man

what dude? no this happened to me literally one time, in my entire life.

i think you are confused with my post. my problem is with this neck pain that ive had for a month, not with the one night of dizziness

shoulder pain when benching/OHPing, also during lateral/forward raises.... best way to strengthen or rehab my shoulder?

This isn't anything serious (I hope), but when I rotate my wrists, I hear a lot of pops (gas bubbles) and can also hear my bones/ligaments/etc moving. There's no pain though. Same goes for my collar bones, they pop in and out easily when I do the cable chest fly motion. I also sometimes hear my hip bones pop, kind of in and out. All of these happen without pain. What's the reason? And is this serious? Thank you for your time.

Sweet good history presentation thank ya kindly

So it seems like it could be a grade 1 strain of the muscle. If you're a pretty active guy and work out consistently you just need to relax a little and keep doing what your doing for your back cause it seems like you're treating it alright.

Treatment
Take Tylenol 250 mg as needed for pain every 4 hrs not to exceed 2 grams a day
Start physical therapy exercises for back
Use ice instead of heat. The reasoning why is that when you heat muscles up it can release liquids and loosen up, what I want you to do is ice it to help keep the muscles tighter so that the muscles can repair itself.
Ice for 20 min every 3-4 hrs.

Oh shit you right my bad I did get a bit confused there I honestly thought you've been having the dizziness/vomiting problems for like a month now with added neck pain lmao, anyways where exactly on your neck does it hurt and how would you describe the pain that you feel.

Honestly it sounds like tendinitis and could possibly be tennis elbow.

For pain and inflammation try
Naproxen 500mg once every 12hrs
OR Motrin 800mg once every 8hrs
Start physical therapy for tennis elbow cause I think it will help relieve the pain in a roundabout way (I know it sounds weird).
Try wrapping with an elastic bandage until about mid-forearm and icing for 20 min every 3-4 hrs.

youtube.com/watch?v=HEXCk29QqvI
also video to help with relieving pain.

How do I fix this FUCKING shoulder impingement issue? I haven't been able to do a push exercise for 7 weeks, I'm literally entering T-rex mode from being able to do nothing but cable rows, dead lifts, squats and curls.

also, i did moshul otts for a long time and now my feet and lower calves get super cold(clammy like a corpse) and stiff overnight, did I fuck up my lower extremity vascularization from all the impacts?

same here, I think mines an impingement as well

It sounds like patella-femoral pain syndrome (Runners knee) basically what I can tell you is to get a brace and wear it during exercises or get an elastic bandage and wrap knee up while doing exercises.
Start physical therapy for your knee and take either
Motrin 800mg once every 8hrs
or Naproxen 500mg once every 12 hrs for swelling.
Ice for 20 min every 3-4 hrs.

my ribcage keeps tightening up and seizing, and I have to 'pop' it back to normal through hyperextension, not really painful but rather annoying. it sounds like costochondritis but idk, I've have it for about 18 months now, what do?

I attached a picture of some Physical therapy exercises. Start doing these exercises and take some NSAID's like Motrin and Naproxen for swelling and inflammation. Basically the bursa in your shoulders are inflamed and causing it to act like a balloon filled with sand rather than a balloon filled with water which is causing your tendons and muscles to rub on your bursa. Or even in worse case scenario your bursa may be so inflamed it's pushing your muscles/tendons into the bone which is limiting the activity.
Remember to Ice for 20 min every 3-4 hrs

Also start wearing compression stockings to help improve the blood flow and stretching after every exercise to loosen your calves and Achilles tendon.

4 weeks ago, I slept "wrong" by sleeping on my stomach with my head tilted to the left while raised on a pillow. I woke up with a really stiff neck, that I couldn't turn my head left or right a whole week. It was my left neck extensor muscle that caused it (pic related). It actually caused the left side of my body to tilt downwards (tilted downwards left shoulder, left trap and left hip). The pain gradually went away after 1 week, but now it's been over 3 weeks I still have some sort of a minor pain in the left side of my neck extensor muscle (area of the picture attached), especially when I turn my neck all the way to the left. Will it ever go away? Thanks for reading.

Thanks for the tips, I'll give this a try.

Thanks man, I’ll start icing it and doing those routines. It lessened with some stretching but has been pretty persistent for a few weeks

Honestly man taking NSAID's like motrin and Naproxen is your best bet. Chostochondritis can last from weeks to months to years. So just keep stretching out your chest. But just to be positive if it starts to worsen or cause extreme sharp pains I'd suggest getting seen and getting x-rays done on your chest.

hey medic-user. at work i have to climb in and out of a recyclimg truck constantly. like hundreds of times a day. and this has been making my knees hurt lately when it did not do this before. what do?

I have the flu, it feels as if my right eyeball is going to explode.

Will I live?

I slipped a disc in my lumbar spine 2.5 years ago. It was compressing my sciatic nerve and I could barely walk without pain killers for a month. I did extensive physical therapy and recovered quite nicely, but I still get occasional weird pangs in my lower back. Will they ever go away or is this an injury that I will be reminded of for life?

Cheers, thanks bro. I work out 7 days a week, and I don't shy away from back exercises and it hasn't gotten any worse thus far. Should I reduce/change that? Really appreciate the advice, and your time.

It will go away and since the pain has lessened I honestly believe it will go away. Do some neck rotations and stretch it out before you go to bed and as soon as you wake up, also consider your pillow choices for whenever you want to sleep on your stomach, thick pillows can cause this neck pain easily. Icing never hurts either.

Also medic bro. Like the idea of the thread, OP. I'd be happy to give my 2 cents on any ailments/injuries anons might have or even general health advice. Musculoskeletal is my best but I'm fairly knowledgeable in most general medicine.

I had pain in my left arm, around the elbow/bicep region. The lasted 6 months or so, it was fucking with my lifts really badly. I even took 2 weeks off completely and it didn’t heal. Since taking time off didn’t heal it I decide to continue lifting again.

Then suddenly out of nowhere the pain went away completely.

What the hell?

Oh, okay, thanks m8

My best guess is that during a bench set your arm gave out and you were killed when the bar fell on your neck. The pain went away because you’re dead user

I have a sharp pain around my C7/T1 area at the back of my neck when I spend a long time with my arms propped up on my desk typing. Not sure if it’s muscular or a nerve thing, but it kills when I try to do rows. It feels quite close to the surface of the skin. Goes away after a couple of days usually.

Any ideas?

Lessening impact on your knees is the safest thing for you right now, cause I know exactly how you feel cause I have the same shit lmao. Consider going to a podiatrist to get some special inserts for your shoes so that it can help lessen impact on your lower body. Also RICE your legs which means.
Rest
Ice 20 min every 3-4 hrs
Compress (wrap knees in elastic bandages)
Elevation (elevate knees above heart)
Take NSAIDS like Motrin or Naproxen for swelling and inflammation which will help in the long run. Attached is physical therapy exercises for you to do.

Try and crack your neck
Do some light stretching in all directions or enough stretching that you can feel it. Roll your head around in both directions. Try and massage your neck as well.
Go to sleep and see how it feels in the morning. Stretch again even if pain is going.

Yeah find medications that have Chlorpheniramine maleate and Phenylephrine As well as Dextromethorphan. It should be in a lot of OTC meds and will help greatly cause it sounds like sinus problems for the eye.

nice one, I haven't seen this list before.

QQ: won't NSAIDS mask my pain and lead me to fuck it up even more? How do i know it's fixed?>
>Also start wearing compression stockings to help improve the blood flow and

It goes away basically as soon as I do my cardio but I'm wondering why I'm having grandpa issues at my age. thanks again for the advice

not OP but get yourself a GOOD pair of workboots that are fully cushioned inside and built right. think "$200", not $50. it's so fucking worth it, I was a mover and a contractor for years and cheap boots destroyed me until I bought some real footwear. It's like wearing sneakers but OSHA compliant and will last for years and years.

It will most likely stay around because damage that's done to the nerves can cause scarring which can cause issues for a long time. Read this for some more info because nerve stuff I'm not too familiar in and I don't believe I can help you out as much. Start talking to your doctor about seeing if your nerves are scarred from the injury and he can help you more than I can.
uofmhealth.org/conditions-treatments/scarred-nerves
nerve.wustl.edu/nd_neuroma.php

I honestly don't know lmao, maybe your body needed that time to heal but I would still consider doing physical therapy for your elbow and shoulders just in case see images for.
I think it's most likely a muscular issue and do the treatment for this guy (I forgot to attach a picture for him my bad dude.)

>right leg feels like a rope going from inside my hip down my leg is tight
>when i walk i can feel it like i want to stretch my leg out but cant
>sitting down causes back pain
>the longer i sit(20 min drive) the worse it is
>i cannot walk without stretching my back its so painful
>it feels like my lower back is rounded after sitting and i have to lean on something or lie down to straighten it
>cant pick anything up onto my shoulder stopped lifting months ago
>if i lift something while squatting i can feel the pain in my lower back building up very fast, almost snab city
>lying on floor helps for a while
>lower back is so weak even getting up from the floor can be painful, sitting up in bed

How much surface area are they talking about when they warn against applying topical lidocaine (4%) to a large area?

I have restless legs and it's severe enough to ruin sleep and work if I don't apply any. It used to be controlled with Wellbutrin when I was taking it for depression, but I had to be dropped off it asap after an ER-worthy adverse reaction. If it don't ease up when they switch me to Cymbalta in a few weeks I don't know what I'm going to do.

I'll ask about this with my provider he can give me more insight to this one, but otherwise I'm gonna head to bed I'll see y'all Saturday everyone, and if you have anymore questions then save em for then, if other people feel like helping out then go for it. Otherwise i'm signing out.

last one and then bed but.
Approximately 6 inches of ointment squeezed out of tube (20grams) and talk to doctor about your restless leg syndome as well because Cymbalta can cause restless leg syndrome and worsen your symptoms.

wrote this the other day, copy and pasting:
>was deadlifting 245lb yesterday. last week I did it for 3 with good form, so I went for 5 yesterday. I felt like my back was rounding for some reason this time, but I kept going and finished my set and then did a set of 5 with 225. About an hour after I left the gym my back hurt real bad and it was painful to sit or get up after laying down. Today I woke up and I have 0 back pain... but my shin hurts for some reason. It feels like a shin splint so it could be unrelated but Im nervous I gave myself sciatica or something, God forbid. Any physical therapists here? Why would my back be killing me the day I did the deadlifts and be completely fine the next day?

Today is a few days later and my back sometimes slightly aches and my left shin is still sore while walking, though less so. Do you think Im fucked? What if I just take 2 weeks off lifting and resume as usual?

My knees grind if I stay in a squat position for too long. Not squat as in the exercise but just a natural squat like Asians do. The grinding is a little bit painful and audible.

Medical man, I think I've got a testicular varicose. What do? Is there hope for me? It hurts

Pls help me Medic-bro. I've had left long head bicep tendinitis for the past 6 months due to repetitive impingement. It's been improving consistently but very slowly the entire 6 months. I stay away from anything that hurts too much. My left shoulder was rounded forward somewhat and to fix my shoulder health I've been:
Stretching my pecs, (everyday)
Hanging from a pull up bar, (everyday)
Rolling my thoracic spine to try and create Extension, (everyday)
External cable rotations, (every other day)
Lots of rear delt training, (every other day).

My shoulders are less rounded and my posture is improved, although my affected left shoulder still has some room to improve. Is there anything else I could do to improve shoulder health long term?

Any other advice to beat this faster? Im keen as to get back to bench and overhead pressing

not medic bro, but does it get aggravating during curls and chins?

It doesn't actually. Only anything involving shoulders flexion. Raising the arm or pressing

im dying on the inside what do

I'm getting back into fitness shit after a few years of being a lazy cunt and I'm having troubles with my lower back. At first I thought my legs were too tight but I've sorted that out and I still can't hold form properly. It's like my lower back is too weak forcing me into shit form and giving me back pain. What do?

What's the best way to heal a bulged disc?

Bleedman here, guess I'll go have a checkup with my cardiologist.