Replaced back squats entirely with front squats

>replaced back squats entirely with front squats
>feel better, no more lower back pain I was getting, no one else front squats heavy pretty much

When did you switch up an exercise and realize how great it was?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R5rPKC2zgo4
youtube.com/watch?v=HefPQH7pTms
youtube.com/watch?v=DvYzq36zm5s
youtube.com/watch?v=tDVNM9Yto7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I stopped deadlifting and squatting because I realized it was really bad for MMA

>dropping the two best, most valuable exercises
>improving on literally anything
pick one

Sounds good desu
I might suggest this to a friend who can’t do many squats

Dumbo, switch to lower weight higher reps and it is the GOAT for mma
Front squats are underrated

i do both.
monday backsquats.
friday frontsquads.

i stopped squatting entirely and only deadlift
best decision of my life

To be honest tho, squats only really improve posture and leg muscles, which I can’t see as being useful for MMA

(this has nothing to do with the thread.) Didn't know Pepe was a lefty

What do you mean?

he's not.. the image is reversed because you see everything through the monitor screen window

hahahaha this lefty doesn't know he's a lefty

I was thinking about doing the same but I didn't want to stall. How has it been working for you?

That's a nice Pepe. I'm only doing back squats but you know what they say, old habits, they die hard

height bro?

front squats feel much better, don't really have to worry about butt wink at all

my favorite exercise, and direly underappreciated on Veeky Forums
youtube.com/watch?v=R5rPKC2zgo4
youtube.com/watch?v=HefPQH7pTms
Paused front squats are brutal and work your neck too.

Front squats are godtier. In many ways I'd say even superior to back squats.

Enjoy your knees while you've got them.

>leg muscles not useful for MMA
Ask how I know you’ve never had a fight

I'm still clinging on to my back squats because I want to get strong at them but I like front squats a lot and do them with just about as much frequency as my back squats.

For me it was changing the conventional diddly for that trap bar diddly. Now I can deadlift heavy and often, sometimes more than twice a week, and never feel my lower back tense up.

>posture
>leg muscles
>literally the first thing they ever teach you in a BJJ class is how important posture is
>literally the first thing they ever teach you in a wrestling class is how important your hip hinge is
>literally the first thing they teach you in a striking class is that power is generated by the legs and transferred by the core to the upper body
What are your credentials? I've been fighting for close to six years now. If you're not a beginner, I heavily recommend you talk to your coach to clear up all these misconceptions you have, because it will stall your training to the point you'll never be able to leave novice territory if you don't understand the importance of the core and the lower body.

So, you are doing Bulgarian split squat,Jefferson deadlifts, Zercher squats and behind-the-back deadlifts now, right?

Absolutely this. I still haven't swallowed the pill, but I fucking hate conventional for the lower back pain. I do like the rhomboid doms, tho.

The reason people get low back pain from conventional (aside from shit form) is because you probably go to the gym 1-2 hours a day and spend the other 14 hours sitting on your ass.

September, injured my back and front squats is the way

no, its likely because people here still squat low bar. lol
Try snatch grip deadlifts, I prefer them over conventional as well. You'll also leave your ego at the door since not many do it and it doesnt matter how many plates you put on. I dont care about this, but many insecure people here still do and keep to lifts that are considered staples.

Rippletits pls go.

youtube.com/watch?v=DvYzq36zm5s
youtube.com/watch?v=tDVNM9Yto7E
Boggles my mind that there are people who do not front squat.

Front squat + romanian deadlifts all the whey

Lol nice delusion

My gym buddy did this when he got lower back pain
He has now returned to back squats and is stronger than ever

You are like little baby

Front squat twice a week, back squat twice a week, one day in between for lunges and one day for isometrics and kettlebells.

not gonna lie bruh I had to put front squats on my B day because i was using too much back in my squats, I did 40kg 5x5 on monday put 50 on today and was pretty easy, should be able to do 60 next wed, then i cant start slowly putting the weight up but they feel so much better

I dont know why a lot of the routines get rid of them when middle back and core will always be the last thing to develop without front squats

guys I can't do front squats because everytime I try to put a little more weight I either fuck my wrists up or I choke myself
anyone been here?

Widen your grip.

push your shoulders up and stick your elbows up

the bar needs to rest on your shoulder muscles and throat but your throat shouldnt be taking the brunt of the force

depends, if your hands are just outside shoulder width then dont do that your shoulders will lower and make it harder to use them as a cushion

wrists could be down to lack of flexibility or leaning forward, flexibility is the likely scenario

>always sucked at barbell benching
>had gym bros, PTs, and actual strength coaches with years of experience each critique my form
>no glaring issues
>ended up with a wicked impingement, twice
>pinning shoulders back always felt weird
>was able to OHP 140 lb for reps but only bench 95 lb for reps
>always liked and felt db bench better
>decided to drop barbell bench altogether
>chest exploded
>no more shoulder pain

Fuck the flat, barbell bench press. Only thing that sucks about dumbbells is that it's a lot harder to increase weight. I've been stuck on the 90s for a couple weeks and think I'm gonna deload next session.