YOU GOTTA EAT LOADS OF FOOD TO GET JACKED BRO

>YOU GOTTA EAT LOADS OF FOOD TO GET JACKED BRO

Who do people say this? You just get fat if you do that.

because you thermodynamically cannot gain muscle mass without a caloric surplus. do you know anything about fitness? read the sticky

Because people want an excuse to be lazy

This.

Also, if you are talking to a skinny person just lifting for the first time, they really have no concept of how much they need to eat. 2000 Cals is a lot to them.

stomachlets btfo

You don't need to get fat to gain muscle, its bro-science.

Gaining muscle happens when you perform resistance training, if you perform greater resistance your muscle grows more, therefore your muscle growth is all dependent on how your lifting performance is.

For muscle growth to occur you only need a positive nitrogen balance, which doesn't require a calorie surplus, it can be done an maintenance calories so long as enough protein is consumed.

this post is a good example of what happens when someone spends way too much time reading on the internet and not enough time in the gym

ive been lifting for a little over 2yrs now and i still can barely eat 2k calories on a good day

imagine being this retarded

i used to be 130 lbs. Am 175 lbs now. Had to do GOMAD for a month just to start gaining any weight. keep trying to eat more and more. idk if its placebo but i firmly believe in the "eat as much as you can in 20 minutes" rule. Normally wont feel hungry until 20 mins in so if i wanna eat a full pizza or whatever, ill do it fast.

i try to eat fast as well but im lactose intolerant and pescatarian so the food i eat, regardless of the amount, is usually really low calories. im thinking of taking supplements or drinking shakes

How are the gains coming? Thats pretty low desu.

pretty lean and i put on like 20lbs but i wanna get bigger

> lifting for 2 years

Put olive oil on everything. Fat is the easiest source of calories (9 per gram vs. 4 per for carbs and protein) and is easier to digest than protein and many forms of carbs. Personally I am equally apathetic to the suffering of pigs as I am to that of fish so I just eat bacon

ok i'll try it thanks!
i dont deadlift or eat. sorry im not a fatass powerlifter

user there's a huge difference in between not having any visible muscle whatsoever and being a fatass powerlifter.

This is the dumbest thread I've seen in a while.

lol fuck this I'm bumping my cal intake to 3.5k I don't want to look like this.

>lean
>no abs whatsoever
Lmao

>tfw 3.5k is pretty much maintance now
I want to hit 200lbs but this is getting stupid

You don't build or maintain a large amount of muscle without a lot of food. No matter what when you gain muscle you are going to gain some level of fat.

You can be more jacked then your current state and not be fat nor a power lifter lmao

He said it best.

He clearly has a visible amount of muscle. He looks better than 90% of people walking around. Probably better than you, too, lardass.
>b-but the girls will love me when I tell them about my 315 squat!
Mhm.

>proof I’m not that guy

bruh, use your brain, I eat a shitload of kale, sweet potatoes, onions, oats, non-wheat bread, bananas and some meat everyday, just for mention a few, that is easily more than 3000 cal per meal and I don't get fat. If I eat all those calories at mc donalds I will be obese in a month. If you train with intensity like I do, you need to eat, but just don't eat trash, eat real food.

I'm gaining muscle lifting and eating 500 calories under my TDEE. Are noob gains an exception to this?

user, this is pretty much what I'm striving for atm. 6'0 160lb skinnyfat. Just started with completely shit lifts not even worth mentioning, but I'm lifting three times a week with two days of cardio in between. How did you get that body and how long did it take you?

you sound like someone who would use these

I am 6’1, about 185lbs at the moment.
I do a sort of modified PPL with super high volume 5x a week with weekends off. Cardio at the end of every workout. I do cable crunches every day as well, the trick to good abs is to use weight to build the muscle.

Overall, consistency is key. And focus on squeezing and forcing as much blood into the muscle as you can. I cannot emphasize this enough. Your whole workout should be about obtaining and maintaining the gnarliest pump you can.
Rep ranges of 12-15. When you get used to it, up the volume to 5 sets instead of 3 of 4.

As for diet, I only really track protein intake. I’ve eaten pretty clean my whole life so this might not work for some people. When I cut I eat the same stuff, just less of it.

Squeeze hard and be consistent. The gains will come very fast.

Yes

Im 6'1 185 too. 9% bf now, doing contest prep and cutting to 7.5

Don't you feel kinda anorexic sometimes?

Yes, if you are totally untrained or or steroids you can gain very small amounts of muscle at deficiet

I do when I skip breakfast. Which is most mornings that I cut. I do a weird fasting window from like 6-7pm til about noon the next day.

Forgot to say it took me about 4 years but I didn’t take the first 2 years seriously. So about 2, but I had a decent base from fucking around.

>pic related 15yo me, I’m 19 now

You guys are fucking retarded and I guarantee you have no actual knowledge of physics or thermodynamics. A caloric surplus helps to gain muscle obviously, and so does eating enough protein, but your body just requires energy to build muscle. This energy can come in the form of fat burning as well. Even on a caloric deficit you can build muscle since your body uses the energy stored in your fat and uses it for muscle growth

Because you have to eat loads of high quality food to gain any weight , and gaining weight builds muscle. To be at a 0.5lb/week gain I need to eat 5kcal per day if i work and lift, and 3500 if i just work or just lift. And I fucking weigh an uncomfortably lean 170.

>Height?
>Weight?

I bet you and I look exactly alike, same stats, height, weight and frame. Nice frame btw. You can start looking into show prep, we need to gain like 20 lbs

Yeah, but muscle gained on deficiet is very slight and in most casss don't happen

You need someone to be working out non stop to failure and eating 100% perfect to gain an ounce of muscle a month lmfao

sorry meant 5k kcal lmao

yeah tell a hungry skeleton to eat a maintenance and train hard i am sure he is gonna get huge

good point, when i started i was on the chubbier side and had a lot of fat to burn off so it was easy to make strength and muscle gains on a deficit. Nevermind

I'm 6ft 2
207lbs
I can squat 3pl8 pretty easy

I only eat a lot of chicken and pasta,

You are thinking of bulshit food like ice cream and cookies, that will get you fat, if you want to gain muscle mass eat a lot of basic carbs and protein.

I am a dirty cunt and drink a can of sugar free energy drink before going gym, quit it for a bit but it noticeably fucked with my endurance

>tfw 4k maintenance
Send me free food any time guys I need it

'mirin

He's right retards. A caloric surplus is necessary to gain overall WEIGHT. You can still improve your body composition at maintenance. Your weight stays the same, but the ratio of muscle to fat changes. Obviously, a caloric surplus is optimal for gaining muscle, but slow muscle development is still muscle development.

see and this read the OP, you cant get jacked without a caloric surplus