What do you do when your progress stalls? pic related. i've been lifting for a year...

what do you do when your progress stalls? pic related. i've been lifting for a year. progress has stalled between months 6 and 8. lifts are:

ohp 125 3x5
incline bp 175 4x6
pullups 3xf (usually 10, 8, 6-8)
db row 90 3x8
narrow grip bench 145 4x6
curl variation 4x6
squat 250 3x8
rack pulls (rarely due to shitty back) 305 2x5
weighted crunches 45 3x15

get quality sleep. eat 100g protein a day, usually closer to 130g. work out 3-4 days a week. 5'9", 167 pounds at the time of this photo.

what's the solution? lower weight and more reps? completely new program? (right now i do upper, lower+abs+arms, upper, lower+abs+arms.)

same weight lower reps.

E.G.
5x5 15kg success
5x5 20kg Fail
6x4 20kg success
6x4 25kg success

Lifts dont stall, your mindset does. Building muscles takes years. Literally. The first two years are easy-mode and gains come really quick.

Ive lifted for 7 years, since 16 and I am still years away from my goal body.

alright, i'll give that a try.

when i haven't been able to increase my lifts for several months, i think my lifts have stalled?

I put more weight. For example my BP stalled hard at 82.5kg. I was never able to do 3x5 all the way, more often than not it was 5 - 4 - 4, or even 3 on the last set. So I said fuck it and put 85kg. I was able to do like 4 - 3 - 3, but next time when I put 82.5kg I did full 5 - 5 - 5

Just get used to higher weights, stalling at this level is mental mostly

Like the other user said, there's a good chance it's just mental.

i've tried that but it usually freaks me out, thinking i'll injure myself. maybe i'll try pushing through it.

do you progress your bench by yourself or do you need someone that can spot you? i just recently benched 1pl8 but im afraid to go further without someone that can spot me and there's not a lot of people at my gym

do you bench in a safety rack? you could try and set it up so that the safety lands the bar just above your chest. you can also do it without clips on the end so you can slide the weights off if you cant manage it

Periodize your training

Tell ya what works really well for me and I'm not sure it will for everyone else but here's how my workouts are programmed now:

Instead of doing 3x5 at say 150lbs
I do 1x5 at 150
then 1x7 at 140
and then 1x9 at 130

So then when I get all of my reps I increase the weight of that set independently. The reason I like this methodology is that sometimes I will get the same number of reps on my first or second set as I did during my lasst workout but I will still be able to push out an extra rep on my second or third set which lets me micro-progress

Pic is me

Learn the roll of shame man, I bench alone exclusivly and I'm creeping up on a 200lbs working set, just don't attempt to re-rack the weight if your arms aren't locked out, instead let the rep fail down onto your chest and then simply roll it down towards your legs. It can be a bit embarssing if you're autist but seriously there's no reason you should be in danger bench pressing unless you're really really strong or really really dumb

I ask someone to spot me if I know I probably can't push the final rep. 90% of the time I bench alone though

Increase reps first, until you can do higher reps comfortably with your current weight.
Then lower reps back down and add 5 more pounds, repeat. You will be surprised at what you can lift. just be confident and don't add more than 5 pounds at a time

You must fuck around a lot and be really delusional because after 7 years you’re basically at your natty limit and won’t change much.

go bulgarian ::::-----DDDDDDDDD

Lmao. You can't run the same program and not stall eventually, no matter your mindset. Learn about programming then you'd maybe have actually made good progress in your 7 years of twatting about in the gym with probably mediocre lifts.

This thread is largely full of total trash, OP. Take this all with a pinch of salt because it's obvious that a lot of guys here are even further behind than you.

My advice: learn the basics of programming. Read books - SS, practical programming, Fit, 5/3/1 and its subsequent volumes, scientific principles of strength training, reactive training systems, all the big names. Learn who made them and why, observe who typically uses them, and look for the similarities and differences of each.

Programming for yourself is bound to result in mediocre gains, if any. You've stalled at low weights because your programming is probably terrible. If you're not somewhat educated on the matter, you're going to fuck up your programming, period.

And I'm sure this post will be derided by reddit tier dyels who will defend their self made shit by bragging about their 315 squat, but if you want to for example squat 500, diddly 600 and bench 350, and look like it, you're going to have to go deeper than "just do more reps bro ;)".

>but if you want to for example squat 500, diddly 600 and bench 350, and look like it, you're going to have to go deeper than "just do more reps bro ;)".

desu i dont care about lifting heavy, i just want to look bigger.

200g protein a day, 3000+ calories or you're not gonna make it

im already sitting at like 18% body fat. that would push me into straight up fatass territory.

Total blanket statement. Depends entirely on bodyweight, metabolism and training. I need about 4800 to bulk at 1-2lbs per week weight gain

Weak natties are small natties, without exception. You don't have to be a powerlifter in terms of strength to look good but you do need strength. Progressive overload is critically important for natty aesthetics. Of course you need to add more accessories to optimise growth, but that progressively increasing strength MUST be there, and when it's not, your physique gains stall, as you're probably noticing in your own training.

Microload the exercises. Make sure you get enough protein/ caloric surplus.