What's the best thing to do if you suddenly can't lift the bar anymore while benching?

What's the best thing to do if you suddenly can't lift the bar anymore while benching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fEUvI8Q6JDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

get ready to perform The Roll

die

Call for help.

lower it to your sternum, roll it over your abdomen, crush your testicles, and sit up

roll of shame

I always arch my back, take my butt off the seat, and use as much leg drive as I can to get it up. It's only ever not worked one time when I first started lifting, and I just had to do the roll of shame.

>Not packing your testicles securely between your buttcheeks before a bench

Do people really not do this?

What is the "roll"?

Dump the weight in a controlled fashion because collars while benching by yourself is a good way to die.

youtube.com/watch?v=fEUvI8Q6JDk

you place the weight on your chest and roll it down to your balls and eventually your lap. hurts but not too bad

Split the bar in half so the weight falls safely to your sides

Get your spotter to lift it off for you

You do have a gym buddy, don't you?

ummm excuse me - you seem to be a stand-up gentleman ... how do I get a gf ?

Shouldn't post shit like this the mods are bunch of faggots here

Is this something I should be practicing or should be confident enough that I will be able to pull it off when my life is on the line?

pretty cool desu

Don't use clips. Then you just let the plates fall down.

dont use clips and slide the weights off each side. squat in a safety rack so the bar can't make contact with your chest if you do drop it

bench in the squat rack idiot with the safeties

i benched alone for six months and never had this issue. granted, i never maxed, but i was doing heavy 3x5. i generally have a really good idea of what i am capable of doing.
if the bar stops moving, i don't lower it, i just grind it out very very slowly. when i would share then bench, i would have to tell the other guy not to help me out unless he saw the bar start to go down - they freak out if it stops moving or moves too slowly.

>be me
>bench 265 at the gym
>tell every single spotter I get to only touch the bar if it starts moving down
>every single one of them touches it before it even stops moving

I always try to be nice and just never ask them again but honestly inside I am full of autistic rage and want to tear their throat out and scream at them until they understand what they have just done to me.

> Sup bro you need a spot? Perfect I was about to do some modified rows with your exact bench weight.
They have basically weight raped you.

This image is reatrded as fuck ive been looking at it for 3 minutes trying to figure out whos body is whom's terrible

literally the worst spotter I have ever had was a guy who saw that I was moving the bar rather easily so instead of helping me by rowing the bar he only helped me with one hand... AND HE DIDNT DO IT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BAR.

So the right side was really light because this guy was helping me while the left side was still the normal weight. It was so much harder to move the bar than it wouldve been without his help it is crazy.

I was about to beat the shit out of this little faggot and I am not a violent person at all.

what the FUCK is his form

What is going on here

this kills the penis

if you think there's something wrong with his form, you're dyel

>it's another DYEL thinks the backarch is weird episode

just use a bench with safety pins in the proper position

>chicken legs
>DYEL mode all around
>benches 150kg+

is this the natty limit ?

Not really, if you don't fuck up, the bar will jump over your dick from your abs on to your quads

NAH BRAH I DIDN'T TOUCH IT, THAT WAS ALL YOU

no this is fucking stupid and only slightly better than the bar rolling up because it doesn't GUARRANTEE death, you will still most likely get slightly or heavily injured

just use fucking safeties....

Safety bars in squat rack is best.

Never heard of this 'roll of shame' involving rolling bar down body. That seems retarded and dangerous.

Second best option is to bench without clips and if u fail tip the bar to one side so all the weights fall off and then the other side will fall off too.

Do you not use safety bars OP

roll of shame...or doing dynamic hip thrust, but it only works if your sticking point is at least 15-20cm above your torso, so that you can throw the barbell on your thighs, otherwise you will throw on your belly and crush your intestines.

Place it on the safety bars
Home gym master race

These won't do it? No one ever mentions them.

If you look closely you can see the Pablo Picasso signature in the corner

they will stop you from dying at least

I don't understand it either. I guess benches with safeties are not as common in burger gyms?

I have a squat rack at home and bench inside it. The safety bars are set to be below my arched chest but above my neck.

If I fail a rep, which happened once ever, I ditched it over my clavicle/neck on the safety bars.

how would you touch your chest and not have them set too low ? I just dont understand how it would work...

Do...do you even lift? Your chest should be much higher while actually ifting than it would be in a relaxed position, just lying on the bench...I mean just look at the fucking picture

hmm.. I guess you are right. and I do actually lift but I think I am just dumb. but now it makes more sense to me.

what the fuck is going on in this image

Dude you broke my brain

Have you played the video?

drop it on the safety pins because i bench in the squat rack

Using an over exaggerated back arch to limit rom not only makes you weaker then you would be doing more rom but it also causes back issues later in life. The retards who only focus on numbers and not using proper form and rom have fun using a walker when your 50

Pray for strength, or mercy.
nyr fags plz go

Are you retarded? You don't have a crazy arch to get the bars above your neck and below your chest. Unles...are...are you a...chestlet?

fuck you. I can't understand this.