Why do you lift? Do you like it? I've noticed everyone in my environment hates it

Why do you lift? Do you like it? I've noticed everyone in my environment hates it
>uni library desks are way too low
>causes back pain in everyone >6 foot
>some friends complain about it
>mention that I fixed literally all of my pain by lifting for strength for like 2 months
>"oh I really hate strength training"
>complain about pain more later

I don't know why but I enjoy working out, tried running but hated it. Yet I know many people who run recreationally, and zero who lift. I tried bringing some buddies to the gym but they never liked it, slacking off, wanting to skip sets, etc... I wish I had a gym bro

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/ZP0qv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I lift heavy weights to lift heavier weights and i love it.

I like it, and I would be fat without it. but lifting is the best way to stay in shape so I gotta do it. also it is motivating as fuck to strive for physical greatness.

For the man in the mirror

>tfw my closests friends are all gymbros
Feels good man
Also I lift because I don't want to be a beta twink

i hate the actual lifting, would rather stay home and go /a/ but i like how healthy i feel from it

generally being a neet and scrawny is a bad combination

Because chasing prs is addictive

I lift because I love it. Wasn't always so, at first it was just about losing weight. Then after a couple of years it became the highlight of my day. It's the best and most fun hobby I've ever had, and I get to enjoy the results of the time I put in. It's also the only thing I've ever really enjoyed and made a point of trying to learn more about. I can't actually name anything else in life that interests me.

Long, unaesthetic glutes. 4/10.

i'm not a huge fan of it. Ideally i'd never lift but I respect myself and it's important to be strong. Plus it's usually for 1 hour, 3-4x a week, so ur a fag if you say you don't have time.

Also whom is the semen demon???????

>do I like to lift
not really
>why do it then
its pretty much a requisite for socializing even though im a shut in

sauce?

imgur.com/a/ZP0qv

I like it
In the beginning i didn't but when i got to the point where i coukd struggle without failing it became better

Degenarate

It honestly feels amazing. Helps to alleviate depression. Also, I want to be able to punch out my faggot Prime Minister.

This

Yeah people dont like it because it requires alot of effort and seeing good looking fit guys reminds them of their sedentary lifestyles and they'll feel like shit. People like to be blind about their own shortcomings and like to complain.

I've never had a problem with my non lifting friends and my coworkers. Yes I'm buffed and they see me eating healthy food all fucking day but I never, ever talk about going to the gym or food unless I'm asked and even then I keep it short.

People think of buffed guys as meatheads but that is because they are meatheads. 90% of lifters (I'm talking about the good looking ones that look like they lift and not the average dyel or fattie on Veeky Forums) dont shut up about lifting and dieting.

are you a neet?

for self betterment and all that but lifting helps me cope. I am an anxious and depressed motherfucker but every time i lift i feel better and my head feels clearer. I hate rest days.

And also to the guys who say "hurr durr why lift for girls" well, who is the girl going to be more attracted to? The fatfuck who cant walk up stairs without passing out or someone fit as fuck.

That soyboy mouth gape

>that soyboy on the left

I genuinely enjoy going into the gym, working hard, sweating, and getting stronger/better. That exhausted feeling too afterwards. I love it.

why

No

> Was 5'5 240.
> Depressed.
> Knee and back pain.
> VA has me on every drug imaginable.
> Decide to get to the gym four months ago.
> Do ICF because there's ice cream and I'm fat.
> MFW there's no ice cream.
> Down to 200 as of this morning.
> No more knee pain. No more back pain.
> Lifting 125/200/270/305
> Compliments at work.
> Occasionally treat myself to ice cream.

Different guy, but I couldn't even scroll down to the bottom of the album. In OP's picture, she's perfect. Spontaneous and captured in a single moment of time. It seems as though someone else has decided to take a picture of her fantastic ass and she noticed at the last second, but the look on her face says that she's okay with it. However, the other pictures in the album paint a different story. The story of a vain woman who takes every opportunity to show off her assets, posing with her posterior pushed out and asking others to take pictures of it. It's shameful and puts to rest any fantasy you may have had of a woman who was beautiful both inside and out. There's still a certain "sex fiend attention whore" appeal, but it's different and more niche. I would have to change my whole mindset if I wanted to jack off to this woman now.

Just think, some poor cuck is going to marry this whore

>jacking off
now whos degenerate

Wearing a one piece bathing suit makes her whore as much as wearing swimming trunks makes you a chad.

Im dating a fairly innocent girl (by today's standards) who is a QT with good values. I really like her and I want to be a fucking sick cunt for her. I was already half-way there when I met her and she's been that extra motivation I needed

But she is a whore, only a Roastie or a cuck would say otherwise

> a thong bottom with both huge ass cheeks hanging out is now acceptable in public

Fuck thr runners, much prefer strength training too. Even if my feet weren't fucked up and hurt every time I run a few meters I would hate it, it's boring and tiring.

I still have this delusion that a perfect body would somehow magically fix my crippling self image issues, insecurities and autism around girls. the only thing it does is put me in a perfect position to seal the deal and I just pussy out every time because I am horrified of rejection. I am so afraid I never try even if I am given clear as fuck signals and I even notice them in the moment I tell myself I must only imagine it.

maybe one day Veeky Forums maybe one day... my life is perfect right now apart from someone to share it with...

You'd still do her

I lift because of pic related.

I lift to be physically strong, just as I read to be intellectually strong.

Strength begets strength.

>fairly innocent

If she's not a virgin I've got bad news for you user.

I lift to become the best version of myself, both physically and mentally speaking.

if it works for him. its fine.

i wouldnt risk it myself though

>being this autistic

im really vain also I have no friends or real hobby's so it's something that gets me out of the house i guess

Going to the gym is unironically the highlight of my day. I'm honestly glad I enjoy it so much, otherwise I'd probably be a permavirgin.

i lift because i like to look at myself in the mirror

I lift every day I can during the week.

I spend my week days revising and studying
In the evening I read as many books as I can
I practice playing guitar, piano, drums, and bass

Lifting is catharsis for the other things I do
Lifting teaches me more about myself and what I am capable/not capable of
Its the only time I see any of my friends
Because they join me in becoming strong I fell stronger and they too along with me
They are the only true friends I have now

It's not about getting big anymore for me like it used to be when I started. Its about me and my friends keeping each other in check to make sure we all become more than we were when we walked in the gym door.

>this

>rome

soyboy empire

i lift for assyria

I truly appreciate all the health and life gainz it gave me but honestly I wouldn't do it if it weren't for that. Not saying it's a massive chore but I definitely don't consider lifting itself fun. Maybe it's because I train at a faggot commercial gym and I have a soyboy degree so none of my friends / colleagues lift either.

>2 months in
get back to us when you're a real veteran, let's see you lifting for 2-3+ plus years, then you can consider yourself a Veeky Forumsizen

to numb the pain

Soyboy detected. Or jealous lost female.

long glutes on women are underrated

This

I lift bc I have body dysmorphia. I can't get over feeling like a DYEL even when normies say I'm not and I get comments all the time.

I lift so I can eat a lot of food all the time and walk around like Vince McMahon entering the ring, that's pretty much it. I've lost all interest in girls and looking aesthetically pleasing these days, my main joys are squattin and trottin

for happiness

Your greentext is one the most confusing things I have ever read, but I think the reason most people don't like lifting is psychological. People who go to the gym regularly always tell people who are looking to start going but are nervous that they will get over the nervousness and embarrassment after a few trips to the gym, but I don't think that is always the case. Obviously it was the case for the people who go to the gym regularly because they clearly got over the anxiety, but that does not mean it extends to everyone.

I love lifting.

Good job man keep at it

Wow. That’s my friend Sydney, and I actually know where this was taken. Don’t let the palm tree fool you it’s nowhere near the beach

i lift to maybe one day have a coping mechanism for the outside world

and for m-m-myself

Who's the soyboy Lanklet in the back?

FPBP
This

Little sisters.

I lift for myself, and God. He gave me life and least I can do is be the best version of myself.

It's good to be In a healthy relationship that encourages young be a better mna, but don't let it crush you if it doesn't work out. Good luck man.