All meming aside, is soy milk good for you?

All meming aside, is soy milk good for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MJAUNw5lFE8&app=desktop
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224:
cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/10/3/179:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11352776:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11880595:
foodnavigator.com/Article/2009/06/30/Review-finds-no-effect-of-soy-on-testosterone
data.nal.usda.gov/system/files/Isoflav_R2-1.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=bX1ccFY6XAs
fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(09)00966-2/pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Soy milk reduces the risk of prostate cancer and makes your loads bigger.

It's supposedly better for you than cow's milk, but it always gives me stomach pains so I keep things the way Rippetoe intended.

Better than real dairy but I like almond milk more

no
soy is a nutrient replenishing ground cover crop that large agro business has cleverly placed into rotation with large corn growers and corn depletes the soil of nitrogen that legumes like soy renew

we are not supposed to eat soy, nor are we really supposed to eat the corn syrup or oils for which the corn is grown in such large quantities and because of which the soy is now plentifully grown and pushed as a food additive/replacement.

Oh by the way,
all the by-products from soy/corn refining (milks, oils, sugars) goes straight to the animal feedlots owned by the same companies, vegans

>All meming aside, is soy milk good for you?
No. Soy is an allergen to many people. Also they have to add SUGAR to it to make it palatable. Avoid.

>no
Wrong.
>soy is a nutrient replenishing ground cover crop that large agro business has cleverly placed into rotation with large corn growers and corn depletes the soil of nitrogen that legumes like soy renew
All beans do, but regardless, what is your point? How does the soybean's inclusion in crop rotation affect how nutritious or not it is?
>we are not supposed to eat soy
Source?
>nor are we really supposed to eat the corn syrup or oils for which the corn is grown in such large quantities and because of which the soy is now plentifully grown and pushed as a food additive/replacement.
Unrelated to the OP
>Oh by the way,
>all the by-products from soy/corn refining (milks, oils, sugars) goes straight to the animal feedlots owned by the same companies, vegans
Unrelated to the OP AND unrelated to veganism. That's like saying I shouldn't buy bananas from a supermarket that sells chicken.

you are retarded
have fun eating soy

>no
Wrong.
>soy is a nutrient replenishing ground cover crop that large agro business has cleverly placed into rotation with large corn growers and corn depletes the soil of nitrogen that legumes like soy renew
All beans do, but regardless, what is your point? How does the soybean's inclusion in crop rotation affect how nutritious or not it is?
>we are not supposed to eat soy
Source?
>nor are we really supposed to eat the corn syrup or oils for which the corn is grown in such large quantities and because of which the soy is now plentifully grown and pushed as a food additive/replacement.
Unrelated to the OP
>Oh by the way,
>all the by-products from soy/corn refining (milks, oils, sugars) goes straight to the animal feedlots owned by the same companies, vegans
Unrelated to the OP AND unrelated to veganism. That's like saying I shouldn't buy bananas from a supermarket that sells chicken.
Soy is not unhealthy if you're not allergic to it. Do you also avoid gluten?
cashew is best desu
Check in cronometer

And you'll basically be a woman, hormonally speaking.
>b-b-but kuh bigger c-cummies

So what you're saying is that traps should be drinking soymilk?

Preferably they'd hang themselves

rude

>2014+4
>not drinking soy milk getting big cums
its like you guys don't even want to make it

Sure

Not even that guy, but this isn't how you prove someone incorrect; it's how you show your naivety and ignorance to accept facts when given the inability to prove otherwise. The difference between a human and animal is cognitive thought: the ability to combine multiple ideas into a wholly unique conclusion using deep problem solving skills. Being unable to realize factual data when having it outright explained is the mental equivalent of looking at a square hole and being too stupid to realize a triangle won't fit.

Video related, a dog solving a block puzzle:

youtube.com/watch?v=MJAUNw5lFE8&app=desktop

It's not a health food like eating actual beans but it can be included into a diet with benefit because of it's high protein and calcium(fortified) content. It usually has B12, folate, vitamin D, riboflavin and maybe some others I don't remember added too.

Concerning soy in itself, I will just copy pasta a post I wrote a while ago when Soy memery was insanely high.

These are the studies I have come across on this subject that are of the highest quality:

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224:

"MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE(S):
Fifteen placebo-controlled treatment groups with baseline and ending measures were analyzed. In addition, 32 reports involving 36 treatment groups were assessed in simpler models to ascertain the results.
RESULT(S):
No significant effects of soy protein or isoflavone intake on T, SHBG, free T, or FAI were detected regardless of statistical model.
CONCLUSION(S):
The results of this meta-analysis suggest that neither soy foods nor isoflavone supplements alter measures of bioavailable T concentrations in men."

>cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/10/3/179:

"There was a significant difference between the two groups in terms of changes in serum estrone concentrations, which tended to decrease in the soy-supplemented group and increase in the control group over time. None of the other hormones measured (estradiol, total and free-testosterone, or sex hormone-binding globulin) showed any statistical difference between the two groups in terms of patterns of change."

CONT.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11352776:

"Healthy volunteers took a supplement containing 40 mg of isoflavones daily for 2 months and donated blood and semen samples monthly for 2 months before and 4 months after supplementation. Semen samples were analysed for ejaculate volume, sperm concentration, total sperm count, motility and morphology. Blood samples were analysed for sex hormone and gonadotrophin levels and phytoestrogen concentrations, and testicular volume was measured using an orchidometer. The phytoestrogen supplement increased plasma genistein and daidzein concentrations to approx. 1 microM and 0.5 microM respectively; yet, there was no observable effect on endocrine measurements, testicular volume or semen parameters over the study period. This is the first study to examine the effects of a phytoestrogen supplement on reproductive health in males. We conclude that the phytoestrogen dose consumed had no effect on semen quality."

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11880595:

"Only three intervention studies reported hormonal effects of soy isoflavones in men. These recent studies in men consuming soyfoods or supplements containing 40--70 mg/d of soy isoflavones showed few effects on plasma hormones or semen quality. These data do not support concerns about effects on reproductive hormones and semen quality."

This article explains the first review quite well and puts forward criticism to the poor quality of studies showing effect: foodnavigator.com/Article/2009/06/30/Review-finds-no-effect-of-soy-on-testosterone

100g of tofu for example has between ~9-30mg isoflavones, this amount has never been shown to have any effect and as we see in the third study no effect was observed at a daily 40-70mg isoflavone consumption for 2 months.

Soymilk only has between 0.7-10mg/100g so no worries there either.

Here you can see isoflavone content of different foods: data.nal.usda.gov/system/files/Isoflav_R2-1.pdf

(((studies))) and (((evidence)))

L M A O
M
A
O

You keep posting these shit studies that are set up to find "no significant difference". They do this by making the study small, so a huge effect would be needed to get statistical significance.

How would you possibly get testicular shrinkage in 2 weeks. This is a long term process. Complete and utter garbage. Advocacy research. Paid whores.

You are fooling no-one.

If any study that you disagree with is a (((study))) you're a paranoid fuckwit who has gone too far with skepticism.

wait this is Cosmo ? what happened in his life to destroy him so much ?

Meta analysis included over a thousand people in studies that averaged 2 months. The second to last, the isoflavone supplementation study, lasted 8 months.

The smalles study I included was the japanese one, which had 35 participants and lasted 3 months(2 month intervention), not very many, but I included it because it's very relatable. Drinking 400ml soymilk every day is quite a bit but very much possible, seeing it tested for a good duration and it's only effect being actually lowering estrone, is quite powerfull considering the soy meme hypothesis predicts not only testosterone lowering but estrone/estradiol increase.

>soy

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=bX1ccFY6XAs
John Numbers is what happened

You can read the Meta-analysis in full for free here: fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(09)00966-2/pdf

You're not gonna get a rational discussion about soy on Veeky Forums

>phytoestrogens aren't estrogens and can variably produce estrogenic, anti-estrogenic, and estrogen-independent effects
>similarity between the chemical structures of two things doesn't mean that they do the same shit; otherwise, caffeine would make you tired because it resembles acetylcholine and binds to receptors
>soybeans are packed full of protein, calcium, iron, and all kinds of good shit
>soybeans decrease mortality from a number of America's leading killers, including heart disease and cancer
>soy's a legume and legumes are good for you
>the few instances (in case studies, i.e. individual examples) of people getting weird hormonal effects from soy involved people drinking fucking quarts of soy milk one after the other for a long time and aren't repeated across populations
>the estrogens in the animal food supply are actually estrogenic and people have no problem with it

This. I know anecdotes aren't worth much, but my grandpa's a prostate cancer survivor and one thing I learned from that episode is that it's a medical fact that eating like a sissy little soiboi is good for you. All of the literature we got and the advice we got from the doctor basically suggested that. Man's still a man's man.

You don't argue with reason with /pol/turd. Just ignor or derail his thread with spam and don't reply to him.

I'm from /pol/, I love Trump, and I still posted that. Not gonna try to slide or derail, just speaking truth here. The soyboy meme is fucking retarded. It's fucking bean juice enriched with calcium.

the soy estrogen meme is overblown and largely inaccurate, but unsweetened almond milk is the true GOAT

>dat calcium
>dat vitamin D
>dat vitamin E

Why would you drink that fucking garbage. Soy is shit and everyone knows it. Drink water you faggot.
The mere fact you've got people shilling this soy trash on here all day should be enough for you to realize it's shit.
Sage all soy threads.
You soyboys aren't fooling anyone. Only creating more backlash and proving how desperate and retarded you all are.

Almond milk is sugar water. Might as well drink pepsi

yes. i drink it all the time.

He does so well until the oval block; keep up the good work doggo.