High reps with low weight or low reps with high weight for visible muscles?

High reps with low weight or low reps with high weight for visible muscles?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/
youtu.be/Qd3_Wul6oGo?t=17
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i find that low weight with low rep works best, because if you make your muscle too tired, they dont have the energy to rebuild themself and grow. more is less never fail

You need to hit 1/2/3/4 to get with someone like her.
So low reps, high weight

This autistic 'x for y' nonsense is completely irrelevant till you're way past 2/3/4/5.

12-15 reps per set, where the last reps get really difficult.

Medium reps with medium weight

high weight high reps

>C'MON

Medium weights with high reps

low weight high weight

myofibrillar > sarcoplasmic gains
I dont wanna go around like a balloon on my bulking season

spbp

First things first: it's not yet an exact science, hormonal balance will always do more than exercise anyway, and so on and so forth.

Now for the real answer:
>Both. Both is good.
The best AFAIK is to use a fuckhuge (and ever increasing) weight at 8-10 reps.
But the best way to be able to do that, is to work with low reps and get stronger!
Your best bet is a program that works in the 3-5 reps range AND adds in a couple extra sets in the 8-10 range for the main lifts, while just doing those couple mid/high rep sets when you hit the beach muscles.

So if i’m Doing 5/3/1 do I throw in higher rep weight after my work set on my main lifts?

If you're doing 5/3/1 first you gotta ask yourself how many reps you're REALLY able to do on the main sets. It's a weak program for someone that can't nail the 'one rep left before failure' rep, and the right weight to 'almost fail' at the right rep.
If you can do that, doing an extra 3x10 at lower weight after the work sets will do you good.

Thanks for the input. Been lifting awhile. I think I know where my rep before failure is.

Would you consider the 3x10 with lower weight an “assistance exercise”? Or just lump that with the main lift and do 2 more assistance exercises.

Sorry for the questions, it’s not often people are helpful

It would depend on the rest of the assistance, in general if the assistance ends up being just some extra volume (like incline bench on bench day), you can count the 3x10 as assistance (or for example just do 3x10 incline), but if it's something that hits supporting muscles that wouldn't get as good a workout otherwise (like rdls on squat day) you'll want to do those assistance exercises.

Also, it would depend on how well you're recovering, and if you can deal with doing some more volume.
If you can, and learn to modulate it, it will drive some more strength gains.

80kg 4x10 bench
>3200kg workload
>burn
>pump
>low CNS damage
>high motor pattern learning

100kg 5x5 bench
>2500kg workload
>no burn
>no pump
>high CNS damage
>low motor pattern learning

High rep is best, anyone who says otherwise is being dumb

ok. look faggot. low reps on compounds and high reps on isolations.

start out workout with heavy compound lift
then do high reps on accessory
do more sets/excercises the more years you lift
most people wont get good gains doing strictly heavy or light unless they have the neccessary diet and/or "supplements", especially if you do purely high reps
though, i guess it would be good if you want a twink bod

A mixture of both.
Low reps high weight for compounds, high reps lower-medium weight for isolations

>thinks 1/2/3/4 will attract qt3.14 asians
dyel? its AT LEAST 2/3/4/5

CNS damage wtf is this a joke? Open a book

High reps, Moderate intensity
so like 4x10 or 4x8 with roughly as much weight as you can get 8-10 clean reps out of

CNS fatigue*
There, just to help your autism.

strongerbyscience.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/

1. When looking at the whole body of scientific literature, there’s simply not a very big difference in muscle growth when comparing different rep ranges.
2. From a practical standpoint, you should probably do most of your training in the rep range that allows you to get in the most hard sets per training session and per week for each exercise you use and each muscle you train. This generally coincides with a moderate intensity and rep range for most exercises and most people.
3. Since different rep ranges go about triggering a growth response in slightly different ways, you’re probably better off training with a full spectrum of rep ranges instead of rigidly staying in a single rep range and intensity zone.

>CNS damage

What

thanks for posting good sources. its a great website, and should be linked more often here

Gib milkers

Any info on drop sets etc? Changing the amount of reps and intensity within sets?

youtu.be/Qd3_Wul6oGo?t=17

This dude isn't natty, right
can Asians even get this big?

>This dude isn't natty, right
No
>can Asians even get this big?
No one can get this big without steroids