Some friends made fun of me saying i lift only to compensate for being short. Is it true? how short are you guys?

Some friends made fun of me saying i lift only to compensate for being short. Is it true? how short are you guys?
175cm here.

190cm

175cm. I do lift to compensate for being short. But its a good thing to do anyway.

180 cm

Dude I'm like 173 and ofc I lift to compensate

179cm, complete average

do you?

I'm 173 or 175.
Probably the first one.
And I don't even lift.
How fucked am I?
Also have you guys never had women come up to you and talk to you?

it really doesn't matter, they are just jelly because you are getting better and anything you would do would be "compensating", just enjoy lifting and embrace your height you could do nothing about. Besides there are more things you are improving than your look, health for example.

I am 187 cm

183cm here and I lift because I have bad self confidence from my years as a fatty. my life has improved a lot because of it by the self confidence isnt really there yet when it comes to talking with girls.

I've had the same said to me too. The funny thing is I don't even lift, just do some sports.
t. 178cm

Yeah I wasn’t aware that it’s a problem.. 5’6” here

Most men don't lift to compensate for being short per se, they do it to compensate for being lonely and not desirable by women.

183, just a cut above a manlet status. I lift because I love exercising

vs
Veeky Forums does have more manlets than regular sized people after all

Its retarded reasoning only used to boost your ego by trying to bring somebody down. Often used by shitty kind of friends, and can literally be aplied to any kind of self improvement activity
>you are getting better at x to compensate for being bad at y

Even if it's true, how is compensating for the things you lack something bad? It shows self awareness and a willingness to accept that you're able to improve.

C'mon, 180 cm isn't manlet size. It's like right in the middle.

>190cm
>regular height

the thing that saddens me is that
i see tall niggas with gfs
and short niggas without
although i believe the playing field levels at about 26 or something cause then your wealth matters more but the girls become ugly

168cm reporting in

1.83cm

>175cm
My father is like 1.71cm and he was chad even through he was a manlet(tho in my country 1.70cm is a normal height).

>190cm
>living in the balkans
>Tfw not even considered that tall but combined with being buff I look intimidating

Feels bretty gud

187cm

I compensate for being weak and having no muscles

I'm 1,84, am I a "manlet"? Never really understood this complex people have on Veeky Forums. It's really odd to think short men think less of themselves and feel the need to compensate, but it could be a unconscious input since ancient times.

176cm not short or tall just average. Face is much more important anyway. Lifting to become "big" is useless imo

6'5, comfortable height. Wouldn't want to be any taller and wouldn't want to be any shorter.

I didn't choose my genes

>W-what, you lift? You're stronger than me?? Y-your body looks way better than mine when the shirts come off? H-h-heh you're just c-compensating, y-you're still SHORT haha, m-manlets, when will they learn??
Your friends are just a little jealous, but covering it up with ""banter.""

Really? I'm 6'6 and I'd love to be like 6'2

Yup, 6'2 isn't much nowadays. Kid's are getting taller. Was walking in town a couple weeks back and there was a giant group of schoolboys about 16-17 y/o, some of them were meeting me in height, some were even taller. Felt weird.

Tfw 6’4 ottermode having bitxhes miring

180cm its whatever anything below 5'8 youre kinda fucked though because thats about the cut off range when most women become taller in heels then you

our king

202cm coming through

>be manlet, thus unattractive
>"shit I got to do something to compensate, maybe if I have a good body women will like me"
>still get shitted on by normies because aparently compesating for a flaw its a bad thing
I know when they say shit like this it's because they dont have the will to get their asses to the gym and want to demoralize who does by attacking their insecurities, but, is there any hope for manlets? Even when we try to compesate we get shat on

176cm. I realized I don't really like lifting so I decided I will become Chris Froome instead of Rich Piana. Am I compensating? Probably.

How the fuck would I know. I honestly don't think anybody really lifts to compensate for height alone. I lift because I feel like a piece of shit on the whole. Height insecutrity is only one aspect of that.

186 cm

They're using that attack because you are slightly shorter. It's a cheap tactic and makes no sense. Women "compensate" a fuck load more than any short guy with heels does.

Just keep at it buddy, you're lifting because lifting is a good hobby, not necessarily anything else

t. 6'1"

>tfw no manlet with manletgains to be little spoon for

Yes but those are actual statistics. People on fit do not use actual standards

196cm
I'm a fat fuck tho

>using actual statistics and having real-world standards

TOP SOYBOY EAT AN ONION MANLET EX DEE XDD

173cm manlet reporting in

>Wanting to be average

179 cm, its alright. But im 2.5cm below average in Sweden. Very noticable when going to bigger cities.

>tfw exact same height, exact same reason

brother?

Nah, we just won the genetics lottery and ate a lot while we were growing

5' 11'' manlet here.

average maybe in china or muttland

Top tier heights:
>6'3
>6'4

Awesome height:
>6'2
>6'5

Okay height for a white guy:
>6'0
>6'1

Better than being a manlet:
>+6'5

Pray you have frame and face:
>5'10
>5'11

Lmao:
>5'9 and below

is what true you fucking retard? why don't you just ask yourself?
as for me, I'm around 165 cm and compensating isn't the main reason. But it helps with my confidence. Don't worry I really want to fucking kill myself.

>you fucking retard
Wew lad your insecurity is shining.

175 isn't short. Nobody would call you short at 5'9" in real life. I'm 177 and if a woman is attracted to me she will think I'm tall. It's all about perception.

198cm

Depends on where you live but 175 is definitely short here in the Netherlands and people will definitely call you short.

mfw 167cm
>most girls my height or taller
>never get beyond the first date once they see their taller than me

1.94m

let's be honest my dude, do you really believe you would manage to be completely secure in my position? It's not even about girls, it was never about girls for me; I just hate being fucking small. You can muster up whatever amount of confidence, but all of that goes away the second you stand next to a larger man, which is almost every fucking man for me. And there's nothing I can do about it.

I can be awesome and be 165cm right ?
I don't care a this point if a girl don't want me because of my height. I don't want to be with this kind of people anyway : ^)

Don't ever say you lift to compensate your height. That's stupid You lift to improve yourself that's it.

you can become designated comedic relief in your group of friends

6'5"here. I lift to compensate for being skinnyfat my whole life

Lol only lanklets who are jelly as fuck would say that, I notice it's only dyel guys who say people lift to compensate

They look ridiculous though, they're lanky as fuck

I'm 168 and never heard it irl.

This is called response bias. When taking a sample, if your sample is given the option to respond to a question or survey, the data will most likely have a bias to it. Because OP was short, and his question was most likely to provoke short people to respond, the data here is most likely skewed to represent more short people. Veeky Forums, in reality, should not have as much a proportion of manlets as is seen in this thread.

finally someone shorter than me

173cm, i lift because i was always skinny and had a shit frame

I wish I could at least be that

same but I got broad shoulders, narrow waist, and a slightly smaller head. so it doesnt look painfully obvious from a distance that im short.
also yeah im liftan to compensate, im trying to be peak me. it also makes me feel good about myself and has numerous health benefits when done properly.

Same height, same boat boi.
I lifted to improve myself and boost my confidence. I knew from the beginning it will change nothing in the eyes of girls. Now after 2 years I think I wanted to be wrong on this...

your friends are mental retards

"you do X to compensate Y"

orly, wew lad, thx for figuring out basic common sense

hey faggot engineer, you only use steel to compensate for the structural weakness of your construction

heh gotem amirite

Fucking lift man. It's the confidence. After 3 months I had a 7/10 ask me out and I lost my virginity in 2 months

You won't hear it irl, nobody cares about height in the real world unless you're under like 5'4" or over 6'4" cause then you look stupid compared to normal people

well spoken

yeah dutch are tallest ethnic group in the world. 6 ft average male height in burger units. 182.5 cm i think.

Do you have friends

167cm here

Exactly. I'm 5'7 and my best friend is 6'4 and decently big. I've never heard him make fun of short guys, only skinny lanklets with 12 inch arms make fun of them, ironically to compensate for their own low self esteem.

193cm

In english?

? 190cm is the perfect height, not too tall where it looks unnatural, but tall enough that you're noticeably tall and more attractive to women.

Taller than average in Burgerland

Im 183cm but I tell everybody im 185cm
I feel short desu, my 15yo cousin is already taller than me

t. Rex Manletorum Dei Gratia

Have you noticed that anyone who says you are lifting to compensate for whatever it might be is a skinnyfat, lazy shit?

Serb?
That's pretty tall for Bulgaria.

Dinaric Alps is tallest according to wikipedia, with 6'1 or 185.6 cm

>162cm (5'4)

hasnt happened surprisngly but when i tell people i workout they say "but ur still short". makes me want to kill myself desu

this. if you are a manlet and workout hard it makes you look pathetic desperate.

"And whats your excuse then?" tell them that

>"im tall so i look good by default"
What now shortyboi?

>they say "but ur still short"
People are rude.

That is the english way to say it. Cm is what muslims use now.

Yet you are insecure enough to cope by knocking other people down.

But seriously though, only a shithead would say anything like that to you anyway.

im 181cm where am i on your list?

That depends. You look good it you are athletic/robust.

If you are a lanklet skelly, you look awful.

>>"im tall so i look good by default"
>What now shortyboi?

Height alone doesn't make you desirable/undesirable.
i trade my lanklet ex bf (198cm) for my fit current bf (174cm)

aesthetic manlet >>> lanklet

182cm
>Tfw below average in the netherlands
Fuck