What was your fitness life like before discovering Veeky Forums, r/fitness, bb.com, etc?

What was your fitness life like before discovering Veeky Forums, r/fitness, bb.com, etc?

>r/fitness

Running like a faggot. Doing ab work. Benching with the smith machine. Never squatting.

I feel bad for anyone who doesn't realize there is more out there.

i was a virgin manlet

now i'm still a virgin manlet because lifting doesn't do jack shit for getting women, because manletism is an absolute death sentence. i feel a lot better, though

Well I'm 18 and only started lifting the past year. Before that I either wouldn't work out or I would go to the gym for like 20 minutes and do random machines. That and random bodyweight exercises like pushups.

I start lifting weights because of Veeky Forums. Before I was spending whole day on PC screen. Nothing changes but I spent 2 hours three times a week in he gym and I enjoy it. I thought this shit it isn't for me but it is great over all.

former miscer

How tall and fit are you?

you can lose virginity regardless of that, you are just retarded

5'5"
lol

actually, i'm like 4 mm under 5'5", so let's round down to 5'4"

and yes, I actually had people make fun of me at the gym

>actually had people make fun of me at the gym

Absolute bullshit.

Get back in the pit.

sorry but it's the truth. it's a uni rec center so maybe that explains it.

This was actually the first fitness forum I ever found when I typed in fitness forum on google. I've been here on and off since 2011 but now I'm mainly on /pol/ when I come to this site. This place made me insecure about my height for 2 years and made me hate fat people with a burning passion. Now I just hate jews with a burning passion and am happy whenever I see fatty's trying to lose weight in the gym. Also I stopped worrying about my height and last year was my best year with women clocking in at 16 total fucked. 5'8 btw

>16 in one year
What's your secret, enlightened one

I just did a lot of push ups and sit ups making absolutely zero gains.

I had a barbell with around 125lbs in weights from walmart in my parents basement growing up and I did ohp with it all the time, got up to being able to do 15 reps of 125lbs

You clearly weren't doing pushups really slowly and with proper form, I got a decent chest triceps and front delts from doing really slow pushups

That's literally the only workout you did? What did your body look like? Was there even shoulder gains?

lots of shitty pushups & sit ups, not caring about what i eat. swimming once a week inconsistently. skinny fat. used 4kg barbells thinking they would give me big arms lmao.

Veeky Forums cbt and inspiration threads were what got me into lifting.

Tinder, Bumble, actually talking to girls at parties/bar and not just saying to myself "i totally could have gotten her, she kept staring at me all night". Also I just generally don't give a fuck about them since there are so many women out there and if one girl doesn't wanna fuck me I know another will somewhere. I've also adapted more of a women are second class citizens mindset. I think giving off the vibe that I won't be devastated if they stop talking to me gets them more interested

I did pushups, dips and pullups as well, I was stupid and didn't do enough curls or rear delt exercises

Some dark days. I’d rather not think about it.

Iktf bro I was an alcoholic opiate addict, shits depressing just to think about

Non-existant

Been active since I was a kid, wasn't that good at it mind you. Loved biking, swimming, running as a kid like 5-9. Would always try to impress my dad with how many push ups I could do. (took me all night to get to 100 with rests in between) mu signed me up for skiing when I was like 7 stopped that after I got frustrated with it. Started kick boxing when I was 11 till 18 and I left for uni. Wasn't a really serious club but I got my black belt at 16. Bought dumbells at 15 but did shity online workouts and circuit training like six-pack short cut type crap. Found from mazzeti heard him say somthing about r/fitness Read their wiki. Find /SIR/'s comics find Veeky Forums read sticky. Been lifting on and off for 2 years not really going anywhere but I'm making pretty good progress so far so thanks guys :)

>r/fitness
Nice helpful people, celebrities pitching in (Arnold is a semi-regular on the sub), very good advice and useful inputs and research about various lifts,. Life is fine
>l>bb.com
Only used for programs etc. Life is unchanged
>Veeky Forums
WORST MISTAKE

>lel i am full /pol/ and hate jews and i just fucked more girls in a year than most guys in their entire lives, i also treat women like subhumans

gee. you dont say. crazy how this happens all the time on Veeky Forums and fit in particular.

It was better

>ran track and cross country in high school, but mostly cause parents forced me to do a sport

>ate little, but what I did eat was crap, and high metabolism added to that

>quit running because it filled me with dread each day

>after high school, feel like shit for wasting away, being unhealthy, and looking average

>have no idea what I'm doing, but copy routine from bb.com, get protein shakes and start lifting

>go from 128 to 160 over a period of months, barely do cardio because I read that stops the gains, which amounts to an excuse to be lazy

>have no idea what I'm actually doing though, so I don't make progress after that

>stagnate, don't eat as bad as I used to but still not well

>until the holidays

>after weeks of eating nonstop crap, I finally have a gut

>after years of being able to eat pretty much whatever and still somehow be skinny, I was distraught

> realize my metabolism is starting fade, and that it's time to actually eat well from now on

>get on Veeky Forums, learn how to diet properly, begin a cut

It's hard not being able to eat toast, and I feel pretty low energy, but I'm so fucking tired of being an average-looking fuck.

Only 5'9 so I'm not sure how much lifting is actually gonna do for me in terms of attracting girls, but it's mostly baout being able to look myself in the mirror and be proud of what I see. I want to BE someone, not just an average dude.

I was in far better shape. But that's also because I've been coming here since 2007 and back in the day I was in highschool sports.
But, from a purely athletic/lifting perspective the best shape of my life involved me wrestling/swimming/calisthenics and once a week doing lightweight volume training + once a week max out.
Now I do mostly compound lifts and I feel like shit all the time. I've been trying to slowly change my routine to something like it was in highschool. Fuck deadlifting 500lbs. Serves no fucking purpose.

I want to clarify, I've been on Veeky Forums since 2007, I didn't start browsing fit/ until like 2010. But the general premise stands.

My dad was a 80' bodybuilder so I learned from him and occasionally worked out at our homegym, till I got here in 2010 follow the Zyzz transformation and decided to get in to bodybuilding.