How far can normal exercises take me? Eg: Push-ups, Sit ups, no dumbells or barebells...

How far can normal exercises take me? Eg: Push-ups, Sit ups, no dumbells or barebells. I don't have a gym close (living in a small town) and I want to start building my body.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bruce lee mode
if you train hard enough

does the answer matter? you're going to quit in a week

Just split firewood and do honest labor. Eat good.

No fucking way. I'm going to buy implements to exercise but I need to know how far can I take vanilla exercise.

Seems appropiate for a faggot like me.

at least throw in some resistance bands. those gave me a really good start.

I would recommend in investing in a pull-up bar at the very least. Pull-ups and muscle-ups are great bodyweight workouts. The only problem with bodyweight exercises is that most people have a lesser drive to do them. There are plenty of routines that you can use online but the core exercises are push-ups, pull-ups, and any push-ups off a wall.

It can get you pretty far. There's loads of stuff you can do with just your body.

But you won't get huge. You'll get an athletic body, that's it.

Also, in order to progress in volume you'll need to add more sets and reps. So you'll pretty soon be tired of doing 500 push ups per day.

It's not a matter of "how far", it's "are those even remotely efficient"
and the answer is "no"

a pure bodyweight/callisthenic training is like GNU/Linux: it's free only if your time doesn't hold any value

Research “calisthenics.”

check the bodyweight fitness general. theres more to fitness without equipment than pushups you retard

I've heard about calisthenics. They don't seem pretty good for what I want tough. I think I'll have to invest some into implements soon.

Get yourself a pullup bar and a skipping rope at least

>a pure bodyweight/callisthenic training is like GNU/Linux: it's free only if your time doesn't hold any value

That's actually fucking retarded.
Also GNU/Linux is designed to be a mindsink for brilliant dedicated and slightly autistic losers.
It's to keep them from creating a REAL fucking OS from scratch.
All they've done so far is dick around with an NSA backed skinner box for multiple generations now.

By the way.
An effective calisthenics routine can be done and completed in less then an hour.

Bro just buy a bench, a squat rack, barbells and a pull up bar
That is if you're not lying and you're not just looking for an excuse to not go to the gym

if you have the height for it

>effective
>calisthenics
>less than an hour
"No"
You're allowed to pick only two.
effective+less than an hour BUT free weights training
effective+callisthenics BUT a fuckton of time, everyday
less than an hour+callisthenics BUT not effective
Denying this is denying truth and wisdom. If you're all wet and excited after reviewing some parkour/cali guy on yt, they don't train only at the park.

reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

Do this OP. Don't be one of those mongs doing 100+ pushups, stick to 3x5-8 then progress to a harder bodyweight exercise. There's plenty of progression available.

misquote my dude

Not OP but what if I wanted to implement some dumbbells or kettlebells into it, what weights are the "most have"? I also live near the woods and have zero gyms around.

Which routine should you adopt to get a athletic body using only bodyweight exercises?

Why am I naturally so frail?
I have no problems with my own bodyweight regarding situps and pushups.
Now I have just tried to do some squats with a 20 kg sack (of rice). After a few repeats I am already out of breath.
20 kg feels so heavy for me. A normal average male adult can easily lift his kid and carry him around on his shoulders without much tiring.
Stats: 177cm, 59kg
And no, I am not going to a Gym, totally waste of time if even freaking 20 kg is putting so much stress on me.

Probably shit form
Also sounds like shit cardio
Go to a gym if you have the means, you fucking retard
Start with the bar and go from there

Sorry, but no matter the form or whatever, 20 kg should be absolutely nothing for a healthy average male.
Something is wrong with me.

Maybe I should buy some 3 kg dumbbells intended for females.

Boo fucking hoo
You wanna throw a pity party is what you want
Nothings wrong with you
You probably spent most of your life doing nothing
Your body will acclimate
Go the gym or you will stay a scronny worthless shit for the rest of your life
You’re not gonna build muscle by being a faggot

*pshhht kid*

*whishpers in u're ear*
*home gym mashter race*

*teleports away*

Reddit bodyweightfitness one is honestly pretty good, lots of progressions.
Try get a weight vest or backpack full of rocks to simplify things

For obvious reasons this is light on legs, so try get into cycling, sprinting, or some team sport to do a (much smaller than gym) level of leg work

it's about intensity and how much stress you put your body. If you do the same exercise every day, you will stay like that. Keep making harder variations and you will get far.

Of course it's easier to lift weights, the intensity is increased lifting more weight doing the same movements.

Herschel Walker never picked up a weight in his life and he's the greatest college running back of all time.

Fuck you

Not even considering going to the Gym unless these 20 kg will feel like air.

Watch your mouth kid, anyone in this thread could KO you with a simple bitch slap :^)

i used to do that for about an hour, like 5 times a week. did that for about a year and half. BARELY any physical change, i had some good abs, but thats about it.

have since stopped doing it because i cant afford food now so cant really workout, and i barely see any difference lol. its good if you dont want to feel like shit i guess for being a lazy fuck.

>The only problem with bodyweight exercises is that most people have a lesser drive to do them.
That's funny, the main reason I do body weight is because I can't take an hour out of my day to transit to the gym and it makes me unmotivated to do barbell stuff

I'm in a similar situation as the OP and was thinking of setting up a home gym. what would serve me best with a $2000 budget.

Honestly OP open a small gym of your own. Become an "instructor" and lead yoga or body weight classes if your town of Bumblefuck, USA really has no gyms.

Why don't you just buy a weight set + cage?

Roids+bodyweight exercises=win

order equipment. You live in a small town so have a big house and yard to put weights.

>177cm, 59kg
Are you me?

I can do 100 pull ups in half an hour but I'm still a fucking spoopy skellyton.

FitnessFAQs on youtube is a good source of info on calisthenics.

>be me
>be at the gym
>doing heavy benchpress
>NYR are doing fucking pushups besides me
>start conversation, ask them how much they lift on bench
>"nah bro I just want to get toned"

top kek