Might go a bit further from the core topic of this board...

Might go a bit further from the core topic of this board, but - is there any personal benefit from not taking antibiotics? As in, your body develops stronger immunity by taking on the disease itself?

Asking since the doctors in my area are known just to prescribe ATB for anything. I got runny nose, coughing and a bit higher temperature - common stuff.

(PS: Let's not discuss the global increase of antibiotics tolerance of bacteria - I am only thinking about how abstaining benefits YOUR body)

I took doxycycline for malaria for three months, as soon as I got off it my skin exploded with spots and left me with scars. You really have to be taking probiotic supps and eating probiotic foods while you're on antibiotics, or your gut bacteria gets destroyed.

When all the diseases become immune to our antibiotics I’m going to be laughing at everyone with my comfy strong af immune system

So you are purposely not taking them? How did it work out for you?

No bro. Animals pack on lean mass when they take antibiotics, that's a big reason why every animal gets it. Get some antibiotics and get extra swole

try not taking antibiotic for the clap you faggot

bump

what do you have op? I have been treated with quite a bit of antibiotics and I can tell you my experience, but I think the benefits of not taking them will depend on the actual antibiotic. Also I have taken the same antibiotic (doxy) from two different manufacturers, which im thinking have different binding agents and polymers in them because one brand i had more issues with than the other one.

mostly the issues i've had stop being a problem when i stopped taking them but im sure for some people they persist. If that happens to you I would recommend looking up what kind of different acids your colon needs to heal itself.

Your immune system doesn't fight bacterial infections. That's what antibiotics are for. If you get something like strep throat for example, you won't get better without antibiotics or until the bacterial infection dies on its own.

Protip: Carrots act as a very mild antibiotic. A carrot salad a day is extremely healthy and does more for you than you think.

i also took doxycycline for a while, when I was taking it my acne completely disappeared, and I've been struggling with acne my whole life

when i stopped taking it my acne went back to how it was before

antibiotics cause liver damage
liver grows back

Not that guy but I've stopped taking antibiotics 5 yr ago and I get sick once a year at most. It's not even a serious one where you need to sleep/rest. Just some mild symptoms like mucus in throat, coughing and smal loss in apetite. You need to fix your diet as well in order to actually have a strong immune system. Eat lots of meat (organic) and always eat veggies along with them. Antioxidants and vitamin d3 are also necessary.

That's because antibiotics work as anabolics when taken in very low doses for animals somehow it's mechanism is still unclear. Their doses are too low to treat infections.

You're having a cold, which is a virus, antibiotics are useless against it and any doctor prescribing you antibiotics for it should have their license taken away.

.t MD

This. Don't take it OP, and wait a few days.

t. also MD

>Immune system doesnt fight bacterial infection
What are macrophages, what is the complement cascade, what is the Membrane attack complex
Giving antibioitcs for a strep throat shortens the duration of symptoms by around 2-3 days, that's it. Unless you are 50 you could easily fight that on your own. Intraabdominal sepsis on the other hand might need a tad.

I mean could these docs or anons help me out? I have chills, fever, cough, sore throat, body ache and tiredness, congestion and a runny nose it’s actually debilitating because everytime I try to sleep 10-15 min in my fever spikes and I wake up in a bad sweat. Should I go to hospital and take antibiotics? I haven’t taken meds for anything in probably 8-9 years but this is the sickest I’ve ever been and only alka seltzer has seemed to stave off the symptoms for like 30 min

OP here, I decided to go and buy those antibiotics anyway as I really do not feel well. Don't want to risk. I am sick maybe once a year so not frequent user.

Thanks for the replies here.

I have taken antibiotics only once in my life. Is everyone here living in a third world country where people get antibiotics for every little flu?

t. a fucking retard

Better off to try and ride it out than to take antibiotics, or any medicine in general,
Ibuprofen, for example, has been linked to lowering testosterone levels

They can upset gut bacteria and lead to issues like IBD and IBS. So i wouldnt take them for a small bug.

>buy antibiotics
Damn, where I live you have to get i prescribed, and even then it rarely is.
Do you literally just get it over the counter?

antibiotics are not only killing the bad bacteria they massacre your own gut bacteria that you need for digestion and many other functions for your body to be healthy. With a badly functioning gut fauna even your testicles shrink

probably some shit hole country like india

I didn't say I don't have them prescribed

>getting prescribed antibiotics without reason

it doesn't make it better

I guess being sick is enough of a reason to take meds.

There is so muck medicine and hormones in rivers, lakes and ground water just because so many people take all sorts of medicine when they are just slightly ill, can't sleep. a bit depressed etc. do you know how much of the antibiotics and other meds you piss out? you are currently drinking a small amount of anti depressants and pain killers every time you drink water because medicine and antibiotics aren't broken down in waste water treatmentplants.

That's an issue that has to be treated on larger scale and not by person declining prescribed medicine.

Doctors need to offer alternative treatments for example.

If you've no need to take antibiotics, and are avoiding them if they're being wrongly prescribed, then yeah, good idea. Antibiotic-resistance is a serious problem that is worrying a lot of scientists. Shit could get really serious.

But if you have a genuine infection that could kill you and you're avoiding antibiotics like a fucking anti-vax "truther" then you're an idiot who deserves to die.

Correct, however the amount is negligible.

Anyway, only poor-fags drink tap water. Oh let me guess - bottled water is "bad" because plastic has estrogen in it right?

>use antibiotics for flu (viral)
>probably with shitty dosage anyways
>bacteria develop a resistance
>biggest discovery in medicine throw away because you have a running nose