How the fuck do I throw a punch? I feel like its something any Veeky Forums man should know

How the fuck do I throw a punch? I feel like its something any Veeky Forums man should know.

thumb inside fingers, strike with your fingers below the knuckles.

Do exactly this

Thank you so I've been wondering the longest but I was to ashamed to ask

OP... look it up on youtube, thumb in finger = broken thumb and possibly fucked up wrist...

Uh, don't do this OP. This guy is feeding you false information that could hurt you: It's called "trolling."

Run your fingers down the palm of your hand and grab as much flesh as you can, sorta where the callouses form on your hands from lifting. Wrap your thumb around the outside of your fingers, and strike with the flat part of your fingers. Throw from the shoulder and use your legs and torso.

The most important thing is to hold your fists high and protect your head and face, because you don't wanna get immediately slept by getting hit in the jaw or on the chin.

thumb over fingers, aim to strike with your first two knuckles. drive your power from your hips

anytime it's close to coming to blows, it's important for you to extend your: finger. and say
>i could fight you, i could beat you... but i'm better than that, and no person in the world can dispute this
nerves on both side will be calmed

Pretend your arms are windmills

Don't use your arm, use your body.

Thumb outside of fingers, slight downward angle foe most knuckle use, swing into it with your hip and the rest of your bodyweight will follow.

Don't punch, your hands are fucking fragile and unless you've been taught you'll break your fingers or otherwise hurt yourself

Use your elbows. They're bony as Fuck, will fuck up someone's face and best part is you'll literally have to elbow strike a brick wall before something breaks

Thumb resting across front of middle segment of fingers, use entire body as spring to explosively throw fist straight forward, twisting fist counter-clockwise in the air so thumb is on the left, clenching your fist just before impact, aiming to drill through the object/head, not smack against it.

actually, if you have your thumb inside, you have a chance of breaking your thumb if you punch hard enough.

>t.martial arts in high school

everyone knows this. He's just trying to meme OP

Police in aus are taught to palm strike because it looks less violent and is more efficient

>through the object/head, not smack against it.
This is the most important suggestion in the thread.

Learn how to do 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats , and 10km running .

Two left jabs and a right cross

Literally just land a quick jab into the torax area, using your body instead of arm. Normies never cover and are way to slow to react to a jab. If you hit them well they will won't be able to breathe.

>palm strike

You mean slap?

Watch videos on Jack Dempsey.

Watch videos on Jack Dempsey step punch. Diffuse fights with words and makes allies where possible. Win and win brutally and efficiently so you enemies can never harm you again if fights can't be avoided.

In street fights I think take downs would be better as you can just drop someone's own body weight plus yours onto their lungs and crush the fight out of them instantly.

DONT DO IT OP IT CREATES NERVE GAS

Except you're cutting your reach in half by using elbows rather than fist. Sure, if you can get close enough to use your elbows without getting knocked out first, go for it.

A good punch starts at the balls of your feet and goes through your hips. If you're throwing a left, snap your left hip forward, and vice versa for a right. Do not throw "arm punches", ie a punch where your kinetic chain is not involved and you're just using your shoulder/elbow. These will do fuck all unless you hit their nose or eyes.

Generally, keep your hands up, chin down, dominant foot back. But it's always better to just not fight. It's usually not worth it.

whip don't push

hammer fist

Op stand straight ahead feet shoulders square and put your hands up in a boxing pose now turn your hips about 45 degrees and lower your hands. anytime that you think you may be in a confrontation this is how you should be standing and it's called posturing because you're halfway there to be ready throw a punch. If you do it any different someone like me can see you drop your foot like that and can tell you're getting ready to throw a punch. If you enter the confrontation in this pose already all you have to do is throw the punch. the only way you can effectively throw punches is by kicking your leg back and letting the punch move through the ground up through your legs and through your chest and throw your whole body through it.

lmao thread is full of retard virgins as usual
listen here kid, the power of a punch comes from 2 things and 2 things only; speed and "weight". The faster your hand moves the harder it will hit, speed=energy thats einstien my soydude (you have to follow through ofc). The stronger ur muscles are the more speed u can add. Now the "weight" of the punch comes from your body, mainly the hips. If ur body doesnt move ur punch wont do shit, u can test it urself right now. However when ur body rotates with the punch, basically following ur fist, it adds weight to the punch. The more you can rotate, the heavier the weight, the harder the punch. This is why boxers have their weak hand forward and their strong hand more far away from the opponent, since the punch from the strong arm have more rotation potentiall, meaning it hits harder.
Asfor positioning of your hands and feet just google it, usually it depends on the style of combat you are looking to learn. I know mma fighters have a more "open" and "forward" positioning of the body so kicking will be easier, dont know if boxers still tend to be much more closed and diagonal.
Watch how pros move the whole body when punching and stop watching anime you dumbfuck

USE THE OXYGEN IN YOUR MUSCLES, BOY

kek

#goodnightaltright

This. Wins every fight it's used in.

Just before the fight starts, tell them that you know kung fu and don't want any trable. Then proceed to take your kung-fu stance. They will flee out of fear. 60% of the time, works all the time.

>tell them that you know kung fu and don't want any trable. Then proceed to take your kung-fu stance. They will flee out of fear. 60% of the time, works all the time.
The other 40% you get beaten to death with a ladder, chair and other every day appliance.

that filename made me kek i'll give that to ya

Ive seen that once before. Felt sorry for the guy

Muay Thai here, throw while whipping your hips while snapping your arm out (sort of like how you snap a wet towel) and make sure your guard is up, and that you're not chasing your punches.

Second piece of advice, don't go on to a LIFTING forum for fighting advice, these motherfuckers are notorious for not knowing how to fight.
>Throw from the shoulder and use your legs and torso.
HAHAHAHAHAHA don't listen to this fucking idiot

I do yoga but am starting some sort of striking when the weight is gone more. Feel like the rotation comes naturally to an extant when you stagger?

I don't move my feet when I practice on a heavy bag at my gym. I just try to do a really hard tricep flex on the way out to "whip".

then clean my dojo

>take downs are good in a streetfight

You're a fucking dumbass, the ground is the last place you want to be in a streetfight.

>You're a fucking dumbass, the ground is the last place you want to be in a streetfight.
Which means having the ability to put an resisting opponent there is...?