Is PPL the ultimate routine for natty aesthetics?

Is PPL the ultimate routine for natty aesthetics?

Are they really natty? They look nice

>They look nice
You've answered your own question

maybe

maybe not

PPL is the ultimate routine for tendinitis

What is PPL and the arguments for and against it?

PPL is definitely superior for natty aesthetics

>too much time in gym
>can only train certain body parts twice a week
>means you can't do push/pull supersets like curls/pushdowns
>nukes recovery gainz

>t.dyel

6 days a week does seem a bit overboard unless you are doing some cardio only days I will admit.

Anyone got the results to prove this user wrong?

PPL fags will never know what its like to get chest and bicep pump at the same time.

PPL fags will never know what its like to get a shoulder and back pump at the same time.

PPL fags will never know what its like to lift fully recovered from the previous workout

Top 2 are dumb as fuck, bottom true though

this man is dyel don't listen to himppl splits mean push pull legs and they're pretty dece because you can split your workout into essentially easy to follow bro workouts
push day hit bench and accessories, move onto triceps and delts
pull hit deadlifts with accessories you can finish back and hit biceps
and obviously leg day you would squat
you can run it abcxabc or if you want to you could run it abxcabc
it's solid because you get to hit each of the big 3 compounds twice a week maximizing gains and unlike what that dyel twink said it doesn't take that long to run maybe 60-80 minutes which is how long your workout should be anyway

Was gonna start PPL, got any alternatives?

60-80% of 1RM x 4-8, full body, x at least 6d/wk

1/2

>this faggot doesn't hit arms every day regardless of his split
never gonna make it

Are you retarded. Who gives a fuck about getting two different pumps at the same time.

The number of days you are lifting doesnt matter, it is more the number of times you are hitting each body part with rest in between.

PPL is the ultimate routine for building strength on test. For aesthetics, you need a balance which involves cardio.

The rest time on this is retarded. If you are training around the 10 rep range. You don't need 2-5 mins of rest...

This is spot on. Only problem is that it doesn't take into account individual performance during the training session.

I personally found that I perform much better if I split my full body up into Upper/Lower. I just don't have the mental fortitude/stamina to perform at the quality I want to perform at while having to do full body. At least right now with 6 years lifting under my belt, and all the strength I have now, it just doesn't seem feasible. I don't even squat and deadlift on the same day anymore.

Lower day 1 = Squats
Lower day 2 = Deadlifts

Upper 1 = Bench/Rows + rest of upper body
Upper 2 = OHP/Chins + rest of upper body

>ssfags will never have the chest delt arm pump trinity

k enjoy spending all that time at the gym instead of making friends, I'll enjoy efficient recovery and gains

I dont do SS, I do Upper/Lower.

>Flat Bench 4x10 (huge chest pump)
>DB Rows 4x10 (huge back pump)
>DB Curls 4x10+ (huge bicep pump)
>SkullCrushes 4x10+ (huge tricep pump)
>Lateral Raises 4x10+ (huge medial delt pump)
>Rear flys 4x10+ (huge rear delt pump)
>Front Raises 4x10 (huge front delt pump)

Fuck I love high volume upper days

Oh, traps get hit with the way I do rows + lat raise/rear flys. So dont worry about that.

Also, thats my Upper day 1. My Upper day 2 has shrugs and heavy ohp in it, dont worry.

>spends all his free time "making friends"

Holy shit get a life. If anything, you could make friends more easily by being in the gym than what ever shit you are doing.

This chart is retarded. It's not rep range that counts. If you spend enough time under tension, say, 30 seconds, you are in the ideal range for hypertrophy. That means you can put on mass with 5x5 or 7x3 so long as you spend enough time under tension. Another thing, no matter what, 2 - 3 minutes is the ideal rest time. It means you have enough energy to properly and safely perform the next sets and can still get that pump.

>that pencil neck on the left
yikes!

>2018
>still thinks lifting cures autism
>thinks spending near 2 hours every day makes social life easier
>still thinks this is practical to keep up after work

I bet you're the kind of faggot who blows off work outings to bars and shit because you need to get to the gym for the fifth day.

>assume more

I go to the gym an hour a day 6 days a week. It takes up hardly any time at all. My life doesn't revolve around getting drunk with colleagues after work though like you apparently.

>projecting this hard
>denying this hard

>hur dur you must have no life to do PPL
>"that's not true"
>DON'T LIE, YOU LIVE IN THE GYM

It's about optimizing volume to the fact that certain groups are overlapping — doing full body shows how much, so adapting routines and intensity becomes simple.

Even for demographics satisfied with their sizes already, getting each of the groups pumped is plausibly enough for some of the best gains. It's fun actually mastering sets of weights, from stability to flexibility.

Food also has some meta: whey for quick energy, casein for 2x the actual gains, etc.

1/2

N S U N S
S
U
N
S

I've been running ppl for a month after lifting for 1 1/2 year and this is exactly what I'm experiencing.
I got more injury in the past month than in the last 6 months.
Anybody got a similar experience?
Could not eating enough cause this?

What is their bodyfat?

roids are actually the ultimate routine for natty aesthetics

>it is impossible for the human body to look good naturally
imagine being this pozzed

Find someone who is natty and looks great
You can't

Anyone got some examples of upper/lower?

>Fully recovering between workouts

Single factor fags will never know what it's like to dual factor. In all seriousness it does feel fucking awful at points but it does work. Not suitable for beginners or anyone who values quality of life though.

I can’t go 6 days a week but I really enjoyed PPL when I could.

Should I move to a 3 day upper/lower split instead?

yeah man. not the best for strength tho, i can speak from experience. i'm getting bigger and leaner but working to failure the same body part for 2-3 times a week kills most strength progress. every now and then i take an additional rest day to test my max the day after, and there's a slight bump in strength but since i'm training to progress in weight i never goes anywhere anymore

You should take a look into bodybuilders who have succeeded in classic/physique and then transitioned to bodybuilding. There are quite a few who only started roiding at that point and looked pretty good before. Then again these are genetically very gifted individuals combined with hard work and no one should expect same results.

Noticed the exact same going from full body -> push/pull 2-split -> PPL

BULGARIAN

All this arguing about routines, assuming none of you are competing bodybuilders, is total bullshit.

Provided you're training consistently, with good volume, and progressive overload, eating and sleep right too, you'll put on mass.

PPL is great, but Upper/Lower works too. Unless you're retarded, a decent routine with plenty of volume shouldn't take more than an hour or so.

I do a 6 day PPL when I'm not on gear, but even when I'm on cycle I've tried stuff like Arnold's Mass Blueprint and it doesn't take that fucking long. I manage to hold down a job and a social life while still going to the gym regularly. How often do some of you guys spend on here, or on the internet in general, or playing vidya, or sat on your ass watching TV? I'm betting it's more than an hour a day.

As for even advanced routines - Serge Nubret used to spend up to 5 hours a day in the gym, on top of 2000 sit-ups every morning. On the flip-side, Dorian Yates says he used to spend just one hour in the gym, if that, every time he trained. Very different methods, but they were both fucking huge.

WHAT ARE PROGRAMS AND ROUTINES? WHAT IS THIS SPENDING AN HOUR IN THE GYM? LIFT HEAVY EVERY DAY,NO REST! IF YOUR NECK DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THIS WHILE LIFTING, ARE YOU REALLY TRYING HARD ENOUGH?

This is natty

This isn't

Difference is just early morning vs lighting and a pump

Nobody knows what a pump looks like, I'm convinced.