Why do powerlifters who specialize in squats and deadlifts have huge upper-bodies and biceps??

Why do powerlifters who specialize in squats and deadlifts have huge upper-bodies and biceps??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=phoBNHekcb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You use your whole body for those lifts. Just like you use your legs when benching heavy. [spoilers]they also do accessories[/spoilers]

I have 2 leg days and a day where I dl and my arms are huge. Not sure how that even translates

Because professional powerlifters also train full body. Just because those are their "main" lifts doesn't mean they neglect everything else.

Also, for 95% of natural people, strength and size are the same thing if you eat enough. Strong people are big people. Powerlifters are strong, obviously.

Steroids
The answer is steroids
Also, almost no one simply trains deadlifts and squats. They all train 100% full body.

The person in your image is a bodybuilder, not a powerlifter.

who the fuck uses their legs for benching?
im curious becasue there was an user here recently talking about getting hemaroids from benching
im like wtf bro?

Powerlifters do.
Go take a look at that horrible bullshit they call a bench press.
I'm serious.

aight i think found some examples
youtube.com/watch?v=phoBNHekcb4
but still the legs dont hardly come into it, you could never work your legs and still do this weird shit

I'm not a powerlifter, I just go for general strength and conditioning. I use my legs slightly in a bench. Mine is similar to the ones in the video but not as exaggerated. You could slide a hand under my back. My ass never leaves the bench like these guys though. I don't know if they train with the same form or not, but they lift this way in competition as to limit the ROM and make the lift easier to get more weight.

that guy on your pic is a bodybuilder

this is a powerlifter

>Posts a former Mr. Olympia
>Asks why powerlifters are so built
Gr8 b8 m8

PS: Pic related is what your typical powerlifting couple look like.

Ass, shoulder blades, and heels all keep my body stable while I bench. Lower back comes up, but you can't fit a bottle under there like you can with the exorcisers (included).

this is the body of peak performance

>steroids promote insane amounts of muscle growth
>"h-hey guise, y do these steroid users have muscles!?"

icf is still decent program for beginners, right?

Yeah

He was both, you dumb fuck.

Mooncookie is a guy?

Yes.