Does training abs really make a difference?

Does training abs really make a difference?

if you do it right

how do you train abs without letting hip flexors do the work or doing some gay shit like stomach vacuums

you stop using your hip flexors

if you are talking about crunches, saw someone say try holding a foam roller between your calfs and hamstrings

stomach vacuums seem like something bodybuilders like tho

Heavy ohp and heavy chin ups stimulate he abs super well, you can add some l sits and hanging oblique leg raises too. Pic are my abs from these exercises alone

>Pic are my abs from these exercises alone
Yeah we can tell

It's not a meme

Yes, it makes a difference. Abs are like any other muscle, they need to be trained in order to grow. And like other muscles, the striations between them are not visible at higher body fat percentages.

The difference is that most people store more fat in that region of their body than other parts so you need to be at a lower body fat percentage to see your abs than other muscles.

those are shitty abs

hardest excercise ever. honestly most people I know cant do it right you need to pressure your abs as much as possible before moving with the wheel. Plus the risk on your delts when going down is too high because you ve already pushed maximum effort in the abs. Try traditional planks it works the same exactly muscle groups + delts.

looks gay as fuck tho

Does training traps really make a difference?

I think you look decent. Cable crunches actually made my abs pop out more.

Fuck of faggot, they look great

>skinny as fuck
>barely visible abs

These are the guys that give abs advice

I have one, but I haven't used it for a while.
Very painfull when not used to do this.
>tfw fat again

Hauhuaha this is terrible

Post pictures

Also post pictures

Yes it makes them stronger.

go for a run.

JK FUCK CARDIO

They are a major part of the core, so yes.

I've done a physical exam recently and I was told that my core was too weak for my Squat and DL weights and that I should add more attention to them ASAP.

What's your height and weight?

You're a big guy

is Veeky Forums 80% NYR fags these days?

6,4 202lbs lifting for 4-5 months

>That veiny fucking arm

Post abs newfags

Yes,yes it does.

So do you opie,so do you.

Looks good and bitches love forearm veins

More like 90%

mirin user

Post pump skinny and barely visible abs even while tensing like a motherfucker.
Good on you.
There's a 500% chance that your abs will be completely gone if you put on two pounds and don't have a pump plus lighting going on.

More like these are the guys that give advice on this site in general. I feel like anyone that actually lifts for more than a few months realizes this place is shit and leaves

don't let the retards bother you user, your abs look good, the rest of your body does too, keep lifting and you'll get where you want to be
post your pic, oh wait you won't because you don't even exercise

>does training one of the major areas, the core, make any difference?
That should be your question and the answer is yes.

post your pic

post your pic

Does training arms really make a difference?

r8 me fit

lmao try actually going to the gym

Does training calves really make a difference??

>implying you have abs

>heavy chin ups stimulate he abs super well
Literally how

Sure. Getting them visible is all diet but if you're 8%BF and never trained them (even indirectly) you would be better off had you done so.

Well, when you have shit weak abs something as simple as chinups stimulates the fuck out of them.

LOL
Theses are the faggots who say abs are made in the kitchen or that squats and ohp and are enough for their core.

post your pic

Considering you don't do any direct ab work they look great. They also look great by normie standards.

Compared to skinny teen boys who only do abs and pushups?
They look shit.
And he's going to stall and snap his shit up in a few years if he doesn't take care of his fucking core.

post your pic

God damn what did you do before lifting?

AB WHEEL

Yes. Abs are built in the gym and revealed in the kitchen.

>compounds are enough meme

Yes they do stimulate your abs pretty well. However after including direct ab work it helped my bracing and overall core strength allowing me to progress further on my lifts. Not doing abs because you only do compounds is retarded. Dedicating the last 10 minutes of your workout to some ab work isn't hard and you will see gains on your compounds.

>Dior sauvage

Good choice man

>post pump
>at home

nice try pajeet

Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene do make a difference tbf senpai

looking good user, height/weight? how long have you been lifting?

chin ups certainly can but it depends on how you perform them. i wouldn't rely on them for ab training alone.

Thank you my friend. 5'8 (in morning) manlet at 155lbs. Lifting since around 13 (just calisthenics and curls) and started the gym this gone October. 10% bf for reference.

Pic is with worse lighting to show that abs are the most lighting affected muscle group

Am 19 now

aas>abs

>That
>10%
No way

you look much bigger in this picture, probably because of the angle

Okay 10.4 u got me

4 U

>5'7
CUTE
U
T
E

Be my bf

>Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
what did he mean by this?

POINT 7

FULL 8 UPON MORN

did you literally get weighed underwater?

What you mean lad?

probably not to your looks, but core stability is something you really appreciate once you develop it

also dragon flags make you the gym alpha

wellington pool is a place user, not a swimming pool

I'm Wellington lad, it is a swimming pool and gym

>Dr PAVEL, I'm Wellington lad

>7.7”
He’s 5’8” you retard, same as me, except I’m olive skinned half Mexican master race.

>half Mexican
Pls post pics

I need to lose 15lbs rn lmao, I was slacking most of last year

It depends, if your goal is to compete in something like men's physique then you might actually want to avoid heavily training abs to A) save on potential weight that could be better carried in the upper body and B) keep your waist as small as humanly possible.
However, if you want to be a strength "athlete" or you're training to be better at a sport then you will most likely see a great deal of benefit from regular abdominal training (a stronger core is more stable and takes a fair bit of the load off of your lower back).
It really depends upon what your goals are