Are Veeky Forums people in general more insecure about their appearance?

Are Veeky Forums people in general more insecure about their appearance?

Just noticed that all the twinks and Auschwitz guys in my gym wear tank tops and short pants while the big dudes who do compounds and move bigger weights are mostly covered up in hoodies and long joggers.

Why are you so /bodydismorphia/ ?

its the complete opposite in my gym , but then again I go to planet fitness

It's good to keep your muscles warm. I train at home and wear a long shirt. The dyels with tank tops are trying hard or just don't know what they're doing.

Severe body dysmorphia is a sign of making it

Maybe not more insecure per se, but more aware at the very least.

I move just as fine in sweatpants and a hoodie as I do in shorts and a stringer. I'm not a faggot peacock so why would I wear all that shit?

people who take lifting seriously (and dont compete or play sports) most likely started lifting in the first place because of insecurities. The small guys who wear tanks and etc just want to look good/better. I don't really know how you can deny it considering 80% of this board started lifting for a girl/attention/cope. Im not saying you have to be shirtless in the gym, but if you cringe at even the thought of yourself wearing a skinny tank/stringer/whatever at the gym then you most likely half self esteem issues that need to be worked on. I don't really want to hear the "comfort" excuse, there is zero chance you have more rom/mobility/comfort in a hoodie over a stringer. End of discussion

skelly dyel tank top wearing manlet detected

Thats not true in my experience
Every gym has a pack of big ass dudes wearing a tank top so tight you can see their fucking veins trough it, and they are so jacked they could fly using their deltoids.
Dudes wearing a hoodie are few, and they do fairly well, but not compared to the huge lads shouting and brosplitting

bp

Knows the truth
Sweat it up brah it's good for the joints

Source? I was always told that a cool pool was better for exercise than a heated pool.

>bulking
>too fat
>cutting
>too small

does the ride ever end

I wear cut offs and short shorts so I can see what my muscles are doing when I'm working them, not to show off. It is helpful to see that you're getting the full proper contraction with good form.

hoodies+pants = you get warmer quicker, you stay warmer longer. muscles and joints perform better when warm. and pants covers your shins during deadlifts

For cardio maybe

Exactly this

I'm bigger and better looking than 97% of people at my gym and I wear things so that I can watch my muscles contract and flex. I fucking love watching it. I wear a hoodie until I'm all warm and pumped up though

A hoodie is way more comfortable, keeps everything warm. I either wear that or just a regular t-shirt. Tank tops are good when you're not doing any kind of lift wear the sweat would make you more slippery.. I wouldn't like squatting or benching in just a tank, the sweat that builds up on you makes it easier to slide off the bench or the barbell to slip off your back.
Stringers just look fucking retarded for any natty to wear and even if you're huge and shredded you still look like a douchebag

I wear compression clothes with long sleeves. I don't like to touch benches or something else with my bare skin, that's why I won't ever wear tanks or open clothes in a gym.

I wear baggy clothing because it's more comfortable than a tight t-shirt. Can't speak for others, but I've become less insecure the fitter I got, I started going bald but as I grew Veeky Forums I stopped caring. No longer shave my head or wear hats all the time.

Sucks though, have to routinely shave my back and I spend too much money on the barber to get my beard shaped and trimmed.

Why else would I lift?

Sort of related. But I've got a question.
>Bought pic related
>wore them first day to the gym
>they fucking stank when I got home
>STANK
>washed them
>wore them again this morning and they fucking reek again
I've never had this happen with any brand of sweats or shorts.

I always just assumed that the bigger guys who wore sweats just literally wanted to sweat more. I do pretty hard cardio in addition to my lifting so it's shorts and a tank every time. I'm usually one of the guys with the highest lifts and lowest BF at the gym.

I own these and this never happens man, maybe it’s you.

I can't wait till I'm more muscular and cut.
Gonna wear a sleeveless hoodie all day erryday and get dem mirins for my guns

Did you wear them while being black like in the picture?

Don't be silly, black people don't know they stink.
He's obviously a ham planet white guy who sweats like a faucet

Must be.
Nope.

In my gym it's pretty much the other way around. Truly Veeky Forums people don't mind doing their workouts sleeveless and knee-length shorts. Meanwhile the lanklets try to get the upper hand by wearing clothes from the latest fashion season by some sportswear brand (mostly adidas).

>(mostly adidas)
Say what you like, but adidas stuff is comfy as fuck.
There's a noticeable difference in how the fabric feels compared to cheap brands

Tight shit feels great though. Baggy stuff makes me feel grubby

I want to compete, because of this my perspective has changed without me noticing. I went from thinking of my body as me to thinking of it as this "thing" that I'm trying to sculpt. I don't wear obnoxious stringers, but I cut off t shirts to show my lats and arms. I like to see my body working and don't care at all about trying to show off. It's more so my own self interest than caring about other people's opinions, especially because everyone is small or looks like shit

Fuck yeah, I love compression shirts. Just recently started wearing them. It not only fills out nicely, but it keeps me from sweatin up the benches too much.

>wore them first day at the gym
>first day
You’re unfit and probably fat. Not judging you, but you’re going to have greasy sweats and be stanky as fuck until you start getting into the swing of things and living/ eating healthier. The sweats worked fine. Hopefully they kept that stench contained so as not to alert bigger prey to the weakest link in the gym.

No, that’s an excuse fat people use so as not to take off the sweater at the gym. Sweating more does nothing for long term benefits.

Bodybuilders do tend to have dysmorphia and I think the covering up is like an artist not showing their work to the public until it's finished because bodybuilding is like being a sculptor

Also >caring about what people wear at the gym
If it doesn't interfere with their mobility I don't see anything wrong with their choice of clothing

Trying to keep warm burn calories better spent building muscle. It's not vanity.

I'm skinny and unfit. 5'8" and I have to work to stay above 140.

>This
I'll never go swimming until I have sculpted the perfect physique

I have severe insecurity issues but when I'm at the gym I generally dress as little as I can.

Somehow a pump and the adrenaline of lifting makes me feel good enough for it.

I think it's to cover up roid induced acne. Cause in my gym its a mix. Lotta tank tops for all sizes. But some of the biggest fucks in the gym keep covered.

D-do people notice my roid induced acne?

This is just an American thing. You guys are so autistic about social convention despite proclaiming all these “I’m free” platitudes that you cant in appearance from what you saw on bb.com

No matter what you will always look like shit

We're all gonna make it

I do.
I think people who actually lift look for it..
A back full acne and big traps is basically a big ass sign saying
I STICK A NEEDLE IN MY ASS

What stupid Euro thing to say.
Mohammed pls.

>tfw tried to be smart by ordering a customer hoodie that said 'High IQ, Sky High Glutes'
>was supposed to be a clever brag that I am smart and lifting
>tried to make girls check me out
>went and did Dumbbell Step Ups whilst grumbling loudly 'SKY.HIGH.GLUTES'
>thought it would become my gym catch phrase
>fucking pulled my thigh
>had to stop and go to the back
>pretty sure somebody noticed because as I was leaving people were laughing
>tfw stopped wearing it and gave it to a charity

if your gym has a sauna, literally go there before your workout. it will nicely warm up your body and you don't even have to do any warmup exercises/cardio. I started going because my body/joints felt really cold during the winter here (-10C to -20C) and need to warmup badly.

Who more likely to seek the gym and improvement; naturally well built,well rounded and well adjusted males or twinks and fatties?
You can leave your shitty body, the shitty body mindset however will stay with you forever

You're the biggest faggot ever,

Because maybe you overheat a little quickly in a large room with thirty+ other bodies in it.

I hope this is a joke
>gym catch phrase

>has never seen a mirror

The hoodie makes you warm up even faster, making it easier to achieve top performance when lifting weights.

They’re more insecure - they wear that shit because they think it’s what you’re meant to wear while working out.

>wearing clothing in the gym

>Stringers just look fucking retarded for any natty to wear and even if you're huge and shredded you still look like a douchebag
Make your chest and lats look GOAT. Calling other people douchebags for their attire is insecure as fuck BUDDEH

eventually you get to a point where you feel too fat and too small at the same time

I wear tank tops when I do exercises where my arms are over my head. I hate feeling my shirt move around while I do reps. It distracts me.

>not having a gym catch phrase
>not constructing an entire alternative personality that you assume when you enter the gym
>not behaving like an anime character and assigning personas and back-stories to the other gym-goers as if they're the other characters in the anime
>not pretending every workout session is a new episode of your gym anime and shouting the catchphrase at the high point of every episode

Your life must be boring as fuck user

>gym catch phrase
what's yours?

fuck me

When I'm about to go for a new PR:
>Ain't nothin' but a peanut!
and when I humiliate my gym nemesis:
>OUCH!

Lmao i'm sure there are some people out there who actually think like that while they're at the gym though, like the types of kids that used to anime run with their arms behind their back between classes in high school

>tfw dyel
>tfw wear baggy hoodie and sweatpants to hide my tiny body
>tfw I feel like everyone is judging me even harder than if I just showed up in shots and a tee

In a way I guess I am.
At the very beginning I wore that kind of clothes, now I refuse to wear tanks because I'd like my arms and delts to be bigger. And I'm not wearing any compression clothes until I can fill it like pic rel.

I often wear shorts but that's only because my quads are huge next to the rest and almost nobody in my gym train legs.

stinky pete

naturally well built ... you make me laugh user

I'm HUNG WELL
LIKE A DUMB BELL

>gym catch phrase

I’m scared that I don’t have this level of imagination have I been robbed by being fat.

>gym catchphrase
>calling other people faggots

End yourself.

I do the Tarzan yell and pound my chest

Being this new

To hide super powers of course. Also to attract less attention to yourself.

This
A ridiculous body attracts attention that is not always cool for a shy autistic guy.
Only so many blow job offers a man can be given in a day...lol.

them comfy

I do it because there's this faggot who keeps coming up to me and asking "feeling fit, buddy" so I try to hide my gains in the gym now