Who notebook at the gym here? Soyphone users need not apply

Who notebook at the gym here? Soyphone users need not apply.

What do you put in your book, user? I always remember things.

Me. The phone stays in my locker. I keep track of excercises, weight, rep fails, whether I think form was good or not, etc.

>he goes to the gym so infrequently he can't remember his own routine
>he's unreasonably scared of looking like a ""soyboy,"" so instead of just writing notes down on the device he carries with him constantly throughout the day he brings a special notebook to the gym to carry around with him, write in and study
I shiggy diggy doooooo!!

>the device he carries with him constantly throughout the day

>implying

no phone master race

Nothing feel better than putting pen to paper after doing your sets user. I'll also add little notes for next time if needed.

I remember my routine also but it feels good to have a physical representation of my accomplishments.

while you bring a journal to the gym like a beta-back bitch, CHAD is throwing PLATES on the bar without KNOWING how much they weigh. "LOL bro this shit is light," you hear CHAD say as you STRUGGLE with beating your PR by 2.5lbs.

Where do put the notebook during the set, on the floor?

Yup on the floor.

>dumb millennial constantly glued to his phone
>has to charge the phone all the time because he uses it to notate his workouts and it drains the battery
>can't focus on his workout because he's checking facebook in between sets
>antisocial, won't take the time to look up from his phone and speak to people in the gym
>will never make any handwriting gains because he only knows how to type into a tiny little screen

Lmao shigeru miyamoto phonecuck

I keep my journal in the car, try and remember my routine and where I failed at until I'm done at the gym and write it down after. Doesn't always work, but I just put a question mark if I'm unsure how many reps I finished. I can legit write it faster than I could put it in my phone

you were that kid that wore a suit and a fedora in high school and used one of those victorian-era pens with a feather attached to it, weren't you?

Why wouldn't you just take it inside with you? I felt weird it carrying around the first time but honestly all it does it show you care about what you are doing

Yes... (?)

This is the best option hands-down for gym use. Water resistant so you can sweat your balls off & it won't warp or run your ink. Same size as a regular notepad. Not as cheap of course, but just stop being poor.

Should be paired with a mini-sharpie for the gym though, I took this picture at work.

>tfw used to be soyphone
>always forgetting shit
>app would periodially delete files

>switch to notebook
>start making progress more quickly
>can look back to the beginning of the book and see how far I came after 6 months or so

When will phone trackers learn?

You can buy enough of these to last years at the gym for about a dollar. I keep my notebook with me, not only to see what weight I need to lift and what movements, but it's a huge motivator, knowing I can't leave until I've filled it out for the day.

>just stop being poor
No thanks. I'm not poor, and I won't be, because I don't waste money on waterproof paper to use indoors, you hipster asshole.

How many notebooks have you filled? I'm in my first one
:^)

fuck off cranor

Good to know there are others out there. I bring my iPod shuffle for music when I'm on the rowing machine. No jewphone radiation is stealing my gains

Just bought a note book to know how much I was lifting the previous time. I fucking hate myself for not keeping track of it sooner, I was just lifting the same amount of weight each time.
My phone is slow as fuck and writing per hand is faster than typing on my phone. It's all about convenience really

>dumb cunt uses Apple gear
Everything checks out here.

>I was just lifting the same amount of weight each time.
Fucking this.

OG iPods are the tits dude. One hole for charging AND headphones means it's basically waterproof. I've had it for over a decade now, still runs A+

$6 lattes and $10 dollar notepads; nice one poof.

This. It's like you guys want alphabet agencies spying on you and shaping your mind.

I just have an Excel filled with my lifts and pics of rippetoe

>mfw everyone willingly carries around GPS trackers and bugs 24/7

And if that wasn't enough, we have snapchat and facebook too.

Whatever gets your rocks off pal. I keep a legal pad at home where I record my lifts, before I got to the gym, I take a picture of my last workouts notes and use that as a reference at the gym. When I get home I record weights/sets/reps/how I feel I adjust my next workout. Works for me. Used to be notebook only when I homegymmed, hoping to get back to that soon.