Guys in Monday will be my first day on the gym in my life. Should I say hello to everyone...

Guys in Monday will be my first day on the gym in my life. Should I say hello to everyone? Tell someone I am the first time? I don't even know what kind of equipment there is.

Yes. Make sure you say hello and shake hands with everyone.

Also don't forget some cash to tip the receptionist.

But for real if there will be samll amount of ppl should I say hello to them?
nice try m8

Yes it would be rude not to introduce yourself basic gym etiquette.

no, don't say hello to people.

if you are caught staring at people, nod and smile, but don't go crazy.

go in with a plan, look around, find the equipment you need and be respectful of the other people. no one is going even notice you so don't stress over it.

if you are having trouble/lost, find the biggest guy in the gym and ask for help. that easy.

dont say fucking hi to anyone but people who work there you fucking autist jesus christ.

Jesus Christ don't say hi that'd be weird as fuck.
Look up a routine you'd like to try, if you need a spot for something, ask.
Ask for advice if you need it.
Don't go too heavy at first, get accommodated to lifting a bit first.

Ty for advice, the last sentence sounds like advice in jail, finding biggest guy

The funniest part is you would probably make some friends or at least a pretty good impression if you talked to a lot of people and asked them for advice
People here are calling it autistic while they stare at the ground when they walk in and between sets looking like a creep

Okey, and should I get some personal trainer or it is just waste of money?

Hmm... and you think it is better to start in small gym or go for the big one?

>before you go look up a few things like lifts you want to do etc.
>stretch properly before you go so you dont have to spend like 10 minutes stretching as soon as you get there
>dont bother saying hello to anyone, except the staff
>do mainly compound stuff
>go home after you've done the things you aimed to do when you came in
>shit post on Veeky Forums that you can no do 1/2/3/4

easy

I say go for compounds at first because if you are sedentary and start doing fuck loads of isolations like curls or something your DOMS will be insane over the next few days .

Also if you're super autismal you could go in and do like 15 mins on the exercise bike or something to get used to being in the gym before you start actually lifting.

Dunno where you're from but the gym is just like any other place. If you don't go to the library and introduce yourself to everyone then it's probably not such a great idea at the gym.

As for what you should do: Go find a barbell, some weight, and a rack. Learn to squat, bench press, deadlift, and overhead press. Go light (use just the bar if you need to). Next time you go, add more weight than you used the previous time.

Look into novice routines: Starting Strength, Strong Lifts, Greyskull LP, etc. If you don't know correct form for a lift, google it. In general though:

>keep your lower back as flat as you can
>keep your head in a neutral position
>take a big breath into your stomach, push your abs out and hold this pressure while performing a lift.
>don't forget your squat plug.

This. My first time at the nase I was already squatting 150kg for a 5RM so had no problems striking up conversation with the bigger guys but anyone could come in and introduce themselves and ask for advice and I'd be happy to chat. Nothing autistic about that at all, quite the opposite in fact

Never pay them and take their advice with a bowl of salt, they're not experts they are the gym equivalent of retail floor staff. Coaches have knowledge, personal trainers merely keep clients busy and entertained

>the nase

love this. going to use it from now on

>Coaches have knowledge
>implying most coaches are not glorified personal trainers

To be honest, it kind of depends on your gym. I wouldn't introduce myself to everybody, but if there are people around and you make eye contact or you're working out next to each other and want some advice or have questions, strike up a quick conversation (keeping in mind certain people have paces at which they like to work and you don't want to keep them if they look like they're in a hurry). You know, just don't be fucking retarded.

12 years in the same gym I only say hello to 3 people, the security guard and 2 other guys that started saying hello to me.
If your are going to introduce yourself to everyone you will have to say hello to everyone forever every time you go to the gym.

Thank you for all advice. Now I know that I will just see on a spot how it will be

>he doesn’t tip the receptionist

Literally just go and lift weight nobody cares brah

But... But, I didn't, Jackie Chan. I just fucked around on Veeky Forums for hours instead of getting actual work done, Jackie Chan. I am a useless failure, Jackie Chan.

This is all you need to know

i made a bro by asking one of the gym workers to check my squat form

Me too, actually two of em

say hello to everyone as you are new, tip the receptionist. It is common to unzip and show in the male restroom, acknowledge their presence by giving compliments on their penis (be sure the know you are not gay yet). Be sure to make yourself available atleast once a week to the biggest guys there as a full time spotter (dont work out, just spot them, its a sign of respect and acknowledgment of their success)

do not be shy to compare penis' in the male restroom, you may have to intiate this conversation as you are new but eventually people will start those conversation with you as they see you more (Common courtesy is only doing this in the bathroom)

walk on the treadmill and observe other people for a while. that's what I did, and its how I learned how the gym really works

Make sure you bring enough cup cakes for every body.