Tried gaining muscle. Fucked it up, shit diet, not enough protein, gained nothing but fat

Tried gaining muscle. Fucked it up, shit diet, not enough protein, gained nothing but fat.

I want to cut then try again doing SS and diet the right way. I only need to lose about 10-15 pounds of fat. I know I need to be eating a fuckton of protein and keep lifting with higher reps to not lose what little muscle I have, but what's the fastest (healthy) way to lose that weight so I can go back to bulking sooner? I'm a 150lbs. manlet and a tiny muffintop is beginning.

bump

Bump again

why would you wanna lose weight at 150 you fuckin twink

Because my girlfriend said I'm starting to look a little thicc. I'm 5'6" turbomanlet dude.

post a picture

I tried to relax my stomach as much as possible, I tend to breathe from the diaphragm

Sorry about the nasty mirror. It's my roommates' turn to clean the bathroom. I ain't doing it for him.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you op lol

just lift and eat lots of protein at roughly maintenance calories

dont overthink it

eat good errday

train hard

das it

What do we do bros?

That simple? I'm having trouble figuring out WHAT my maintaince cal. is. I seem to be a little doughy at every calorie amount

Bump

exact stats as you but my taps and calvs are way better thanks for the confidence boost bro

You didn't gain fat instead of muscle from not eating enough protein......

...any more info you can give me? Too many calories?

What? You can't even see my calves?

>thanks for the confidence boost bro
If you're that delicate...

Bump

didn't lift hard enough

I mean, 5-7 reps bordering on failure. Don't know if I can do much harder than that

Bump

Calorie surplus - Bulk
Calorie deficit - Cut
Cutting? Do fair amount of cardio
Bulking? Don't do cardio

Just the few things i easily remember

LOL

You should probably read the sticky

How should one eat while cutting? Lots of protein + 20% under TDEE or something?

Dont listen to this guy OP hes an idiot. Its more than just "EAT MORE , TRAIN DIRTY FOR GAINZ xD "

Alright Im going to break everything down for you:

First and foremost your diet was shit. Ignore all that dirty bulk bullshit. You need to eat as clean as possible while still at a caloric surplus to maximize muscle gain and minimize fat gain.

No you cant eat junk food and expect to put on the same amount of muscle as someone who did it right and had balanced nutrition. (Yes some people can do it but youre not on steroids or the genetic 1%; youre on Veeky Forums ). Get your TDEE from TDEE net and from that website it will also tell you about what ratios for your nutrition you will use.

Next you actually need to weigh your food and properly track calories. That means you need to buy a food scale off amazon next get a calorie tracking app.

A lot of people recommend myfitnessjew but their interface is absolute garbage. Download the app called Evolve. Handsdown the best app and free. Also those ratios you got from my first tip, input them into the app.

SS is absolute shit and its a meme if you do it after 3-6months. You should be training each muscle group 2-3 times a week for effective growth (LOL at training shoulders once a week then twice a week on SS).

COMPOUNDS DONT BUILD ARMS and SQUATS AND DEADS DONT BUILD ABS. If you want arms you have to curl if you want abs you have to directly train them.

Stating that, it should be obvious that SS wont build an aesthetic body, you need to lose weight check the sticky and I believe there is a cutting routine that has you running and doing compounds and lots of accessories.

>Pic is me from 170 to 130

I went on TDEEcalculator net and it said maintenance for me is ~2650 calories a day with 3 days working out (Ice cream fitness). How much should I be eating if I'm 150 and trying to gain weight?

Hey OP Im on the same boat as you

>171cm aka 5'7 manlet
>62.kg (roughly 150 pounds)
>bf is 14.5%
>BMI is healthy

Yet I have the same body as you except lovr handles and slightly bigger bitch tits. Thinking about dropping to 55kg or until all my gut and love handles are gone before I start bulking. Should we start using protein powder or something? I don't wanna fall in the same trap as you

me on the right

Did you read anything I wrote?

LOSE WEIGHT YOU ARE FAT AND ONLY GOING TO GET FATTER

>evolve
>has a sketchy ass website
>more annoying to input granular amounts of/types of food
mfp isn't as pretty but it's much more functional.

>Same boat as you
>Yet I have the same body as you except lovr handles and slightly bigger bitch tits
>Don't want to fall in the same trap as you

Uhh..

What I meant was that I don't want to fuck up my bulk and gain fat

>gnore all that dirty bulk bullshit. You need to eat as clean as possible while still at a caloric surplus to maximize muscle gain and minimize fat gain.
I did. Infact I ate clean AND was under my calorie goal every day (under my protein goal too) and still gained weight. the worst junk I ate was Tyson chicken strips.

So what program do you suggest? I really want to go in the gym knowing what I'm gonna do every time I go. Can you please point the way astheticbro?

Ah. Yeah. Help me bump this thread then my guy

YOU HAD ONE JOB

Bump

This is not me.

Bump

Someone gimme a workout routine to look asthetic that isn't SS

Sure thing my dude. Here's where I stand right now by the way. Lost a lot of gut but that fat above my crotch area is being a bitch to lose.

I know, right? What's your routine? How long you been doing it?

Been going since what October last year or something. I hit the gym almost everyday since then, but have not gone in a week because I'm out of town. But I keep losing weight because I not only eat under my TDEE but I also fast because too lazy to cook / not hungry.

My routine is a bunch of memes:
>25 minutes walking / running on treadmill
>10 minutes elliptical
>10 minutes bike
>30 crunches
>2 60s push up hold
>15x3 lat pull 80lbs

And then pulling 60lbs on some machines to train arms, and leg exercises on machines as well with 75 or so pounds. I'm basically fucking around at this moment because my dieting alone is making me lose weight and I'm not worried about toning / bulking yet.

Ah. How much weight did you lose?

Bump

Nigga wtf evolve is an app you brainlet

I hope youre diligently tracking your calories. Your carbs should come from a whole source. YOu should be bulking only if you fixed a skinnyfat issue or if youre 10 - 12% bf. It could be you were still to hefty and just bulked again. Also sleep is very important make sure to always get 8hrs.

Theres your problem tyson chicken strips are garbage. High in bad fats, shit carbs and protein. Buying fresh chicken is cheaper and overall better for your health.

I suggest a program that has you doing compounds and accessories with volume.

If you need a good well round aesthetics program would be built like a badass (check sticky) or search google PPL reddit. Mod it include abs every other day and curls on pull days.

>Also you probably still look like shit because you dont have a structured program. Just because you go to the gym doesnt mean youll be fit. You actually need to know what your doing and manage your workouts

150lb? Pathetic my guy.

Dont try to bulk anymore as it will only make you more depressed and even more DYEL.

Start cutting and shave off all that fat and start over.