How do I eat 150g of protein per day while being a poor fag...

How do I eat 150g of protein per day while being a poor fag? Supplements are too expensive and 150g of protein is way too much food, surely Veeky Forums has a trick?

Other urls found in this thread:

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can easily reach that with myprotien whey, and for cheap foods, definitely chicken breasts or chicken cutlets, or thighs, eggs, beans, and especially lean ground turkey. These are really cheap to get and get your protien up easily.

Milk, eggs, chicken thighs or leg quarters. Pork chops are pretty cheap sometimes. I'm a poorfag too but I buy steak when it's on sale. Priorities :^)

No one should go through the pain of drinking myprotein

As I said supplements are very expensive man. The problem I see with eggs is that I'd need like 30 of them to get 150g of protein, and a normal person will only eat like four eggs max in a single day, that's what I eat at least. Your advice on beans is nice and I'll try that. But isn't milk just 5 proteins per cup? 30 cups for 150g...

I'll try the chicken

Fuck there really is no magical food, I'll have to eat a lot no matter what then?
Are the cheap supplements good at least? I see "basic whey" here, it's $10 for 1kg, 30 grams of it has 112 kcalories, 15g carbs, 10g protein and 1.8g fat, is that better than staying under the minimum protein line?

Nah with myprotien, you can blend a scoop or two with oats. I’d never advise anyone to drink myprotien raw.

>30 grams of it has 112 kcalories, 15g carbs, 10g protein and 1.8g fat
and all sugar you can get lmao
ever heard of meat? you should try it

That’s why you combine the 4 eggs, with the ground turkey beef, and 1 or 2 cans of tuna fish or sardines. You’ll get a meal that has way over 150g of protien, with side dishes being beans, and that will last you a whole week or two if cut into portions of course.

I buy chicken leg quarters at $0.99/lb and each one is about a pound.

>normal person
Your are on Veeky Forums,noone here is normal

Depends on what's cheap in your area.

>eggs
>bone in skin on chicken (buy the whole bird for cheaper still)
>lentils
>beans

Per serving whey protein is pretty cheap though the up front price is often more expensive (keep in mind that you're buying 50-70 servings)

Meat is too expensive, but the biggest problem is that if I am to fill my protein needs by eating just red meat I'd be eating 300g of red meat every single day for years, that can easily fuck anyone's health
I found the "medium whey", this one is double the price ($20) but it has:
30 grams = 112 kcal, 9g carbs, 18g protein, 1g fat
How about that?

You want to pay $20 for that whey, but chicken, eggs, and other foods anons have mentioned here are less than that and more? You’re too focused on whey, rather than seeing what you’re missing in foods.

I dunno. See the one I listed at , I would pay $20 for 1kg of whey, and 30g would have 18g of protein. I'll probably need around 50g of complement per day, that'd be 90g per day, I'd run out of it in 33 servings or 11 days.
You'd need to eat like 300g of ground turkey beef along with these two cans of tuna fish every single day, that's some admirable willpower. I'll look into that

I have been trying to get enough from food but it's immensely difficult for me.
Regardless, I thought there was some magical food that had a lot of protein. Some sort of plant or whatever. It seems like no such thing exists and people really just try to get their daily protein from eggs and chicken, which is what I've been trying.
Am I the only one struggling with this though? I rarely see people complaining about protein intake in Veeky Forums, how am I the only one surprised with how I'll have to ingest insane amounts of food to get all the protein? I feel like most people are not counting and end up undereating their protein

>chicken
>fish
>legumes
>diary products
it's not like you can't eat varying foods without paying much if you can cook some basic meals and you know what you're doing but sure, 8-9 scoops of whey a day for years is far better and it's healthy because it's been on those ads with really buff and healthy looking dudes, amirite guys?

There is never a magical food for that, or anything for that matter bro. You’re overthinking it too hard and making a mistake most people who start out usually do. By thinking by buying whey, they will make gains and get their protein in check. I highly suggest looking up Athlean X video about this. He explains it perfectly why you need these foods to hit your goals, and how easy it is to do so.

you don't want 150g of protein in a single meal user

Extreme thrift mode: grains + legumes. Giant bulk bag of rice, giant bulk bag of pea protein. Obv can't be all you eat but it could take you a long way and the grams/$ are insane.

While true, I’m just explaining to him how it’s easy to hit that goal with foods, rather than him waning to eat nothing but protein through whey only.

>Supplements are too expensive

Bullshit, they are THE single most cost effective way to gain protein out of any source. There is no such thing as whey being too expensive.

I don't get when people recommend grains. Sure pea has some but it's 5g per 100g, that's incredibly bad. Rice has 2.7g per 100g. It might be cheap, but am I supposed to eat 3kg of peas or 5kg of rice? Even 200g of rice is already too much considering the carbs.
Thanks, I'll check
I am fairly sure it makes no difference, they stay in your body long enough to be used

>Tuna fish

There's your answer, nearly 50g protein per can and cheap as all heck

>M-m-mercury
Get skipjack light, no porblem

I was thinking a cubic assload of rice + pea protein shakes but if you're watching carbs nvm

I'll try tuna fis--
>mercury
wait is that a thing? THERE'S NO SINGLE GOOD OPTION FUCK

It's a meme, I've been eating two cans per day for the last several years and am completely fine

A bowl of tuna + a lil hot sauce is doggone delicious, you can even mix your O N I O N S in...

Bro, same here. I LOVE tuna fish with hot sauce. Combine that with some soft boiled eggs, and you got a mixture that’s so good!!! Add in peppers and onions as well.

Which video exactly? I just looked up his "60G PROTEIN IN 3 MINUTES" and he uses his own fucking brand of supplements

All of Veeky Forumsalready has autism, what's a little mercury going to change?

1.2 g per kg lean mass + adequate kcals is all you need for gains while lifting. You're probably eating double the protein you need.

>and a normal person will only eat like four eggs max in a single day, that's what I eat at least
Will never EVER make it

Is this a troll post? this is the first time ever I hear of this, you are basically halving the amount of proteins most people need by saying that man, people are always told to do 2 * mass in kg

It's not
bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

You can easily eat 150g of protein a day while being a poorfag (I'm one too) but you might have to accept that you're going to eat a lot of calories as well since lean protein tends to be expensive.

Pic related is an example. That bowl has 70g of protein in it and is cheap to make...but it also has 1500 calories.

Local grocery store will sell me 10 pork chops for $20. They've got 70g protein a pop. Does the trick for me

Per Tipton, who wrote one of the standard texts on sports nutrition.

0.7 to 1.2 g per kg lean mass (i.e. without fat) for sedentary people to athletes.

The 1g per pound or 2g per kg of total bodyweight is mostly pushed by supplement companies and is based on studies of nitrogenous compounds in the blood rather than muscular development.

user, you really should avoid eating so much pork, it is awful for your health. God told people to avoid pork back then for a reason.

I just got out of the fasting meme, I can't believe I'm about to go down the 50% protein meme

I'm not a peasant, but isn't whey the cheapest protein per gram? Bulk buy frozen meat + frozen veggies + olive oil + brown rice + yogurt and you're set.

Hahahaha. Believing lies that nerf herders told each other 2,000 years ago in a land of far far away. What a gullible retard. I bet you think Mr. Olympia is full of natty athletes who just lift and drink protein shakes. BTW, did you know Star Wars is a historically accurate documentary. Hahahaha. GTFO.