Anyone use doorway pullup bars? How safe are they for both you and the doorframe?

Anyone use doorway pullup bars? How safe are they for both you and the doorframe?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/tip-do-pull-ups-anywhere-like-this
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

used one for a year or so
safe provided you don't do stupid bullshit on them, just regular tempo pullups and chins
they will leave a dent in your door's trim if you use them a lot, some wood putty and paint when you move out makes it a-ok

Marks it up somewhat, but I weigh 200lb. Paint covers the marks.

am i finally going totally fucking insane, but haven't we had this exact thread, with this exact answer before? It's too vague to be a pasta im losing it

I use them for lever, l sit and inverted rows. Never budged once. I think it's more swinging and erratic movement that causes issues.

I wouldn't do weighted chin/pull ups on one unless you were pretty well informed about the construction of your wall/doorway.

Over time it can shift in position and risk falling out, so make sure you visually inspect the bar every session. I also see some paint getting scrubbed off, despite the foam on the bars.

(OP) #
safe provided you don't do stupid bullshit on them, just regular tempo pullups and chins
they will leave a dent in your door's trim if you use them a lot, some wood putty and paint when you move out makes it a-ok

This

Greatest investment ever for me.
Ensures that you can have a nice workout any time of the day.

I use one of these, just not super often as I go to the gym and do pullups etc. on my back day.

Never had any issues with them. Doorframes are supposedly really sturdy which is why they tell you to stand under them during earthquakes. I'm sure if your door frame was going to break it wouldn't just collapse without warning.... don't be a little bitch, do your pullups

only issue i had was the padding on the outer side started to tare but i just taped it up

I still use one, i weight 90kg and do chin ups on it after my workout with 10-15kg added weight. No problems.

When i finally set up my power-rack i wont be using it anymore though.

Make sure to measure before buying some frames are too narrow others too wide. Maybe ever 6 months you'll need to paint over the scuffs.

Literally the best bang for your Veeky Forumsness bux you will ever spend. Get a decent one and it will last you forever. It hits so many different muscle groups yet is so simple and can be used anywhere. If you dont have one you are a shitbrain.

The only time I ever broke one was when I tried to do a pull-up with my 10 year old cousin on my back. I weigh 220 and he must of been around 90. It didnt snap off and fall though, just cracked real bad and started to bend.

had one nearly a year ago
as long as you dont do stupid bullshit on it and keep to just doing regular tempo pullups and chins
if you use them a lot they might leave a dent in your doors trim but its not a big deal, if you move out you can easily fix it with some wood putty and paint, itll either look good as new or a-okay

If you're not a twink, use extra padding to protect the door frames. Wrap towels around the bar, or something similar.
Soft wood will get dented easily.

you’re so stupid

I just do this. It's not perfect, but it gets the job done with its own benefits.

t-nation.com/training/tip-do-pull-ups-anywhere-like-this

One thing you can do is stand a broomstick handle up in your snatch and fuck yourself as pullup and down

pretty safe, you can do pullups on them

of course pullups on their own aren't great but, if you're obsessed with just doing bodyweight, it's necessary

of course, because of the doorframe and walls probably, it limits turning movements that might target obliques and the like

just join a gym and train correctly

Make sure you put a book or something under your door before doing this.

i just use it to stretch my back desu. just hang with your arms or flip upside down and put your legs through there. also maybe ill do a quick workout if i cant make the gym or something. incredibly rare tho.

They fuck up your doorway. Permanent dents in ours. Good on your body, though I wish the handles were a little farther apart.

oh yeah and theyll leave marks on the frame here and there but no structural damage

>flip upside down and put your legs through there.
and fall on your skull

no thanks

depends on strength of doorframe.
i've seen 2 doorframes break.
one was a guy probably 160lbs max
the other was probably 240lbs tho

never happened to me yet user. live dangerously. (although im terrified of it every time) :^)

please be safe user
dont do that

My mom once got a concussion by doing hanging crunches and falling on one of these

its just called de ja vu brah

100% safe if you dont swing and weigh under 90kg

Can leave a black smuge on the door so put some masking tape down first

Have used one for years.
Check the framing around the door first, make sure it's sound.
It will make some slight indentations and maybe mark the paint. Nothing major.
Go for it.

tradie here. providing your not a huge fatass it shouldn't be too bad, just don't go tarzan on it.

what your swinging off is just the face of the architrave, basically a 10mm thin bit of timber held onto the wall by a few nails, the wall itself would be gyprock in most cases (or drywall for seppos) which isn't exactly the most dense or stable substance in the world. the more you pull on it the more the nails will slowly pull down through the gyprock.

Anyone recommend any good pull up bars that you can screw into the wall or ceiling (preferably ceiling)? It'd be more secure than one that just latches onto a frame.

works well for my 250 lbs, metal doorframe though.
get one like in the pic not the kind that must be squeezed in

I have the exact same bar in the OP and it's literally impossible to dislodge.

(OP) #
My mom once got a concussion by doing hanging crunches and falling on one of these

ive been experiencing this every once in a while recently so i combed through my history and found i would read the entirety of a thread, scroll back up, then go back to the catalogue, forget about it, rinse & repeat