Protein: 1g x weight or 0.8g x weight?

I have read somewhere that the entire "you need 1g per pound, or 2.2g per kg" is a meme pushed by the supplement industry, and that you actually only need UP TO 0.8g of protein per pound OF LEAN MASS, and that you could very easily get away with 0.7g. Well, I really want to believe this, since it would save me a lot of trouble (I struggle immensely with eating enough proteins), but am I falling for a meme here? I just fell for the fasting meme last week and it was awful, no more memes please Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/reflecting-on-five-years-studying-protein/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is this board so full of vegans? Leave me alone vegans,

Vegans are on the rise more and more people become vegan every day

Yes, and I have been seeing more and more cases of children dying because their mentally ill mothers starved them with vegan diets. Furthermore, I am Christian, so I will not be falling for that meme, God told us we can eat animals and tame nature.

Oh and for the record, these are incomplete proteins, have fun complementing each other with your limited diet options.

Just look up studies based on the subject and decide for yourself

>Christian

The rule of thumb is 'around' 1g per pound of bodyweight.

Around...

>around

Around - (adv.) in a region or area neighboring a place.

How would you know if you have never given it a go ?

0.8-2.2g/kg lean body mass is the recommended range. Someone training should probably aim for atleast 1.2g/LBM(kg). Anything beyond 2.2g/LBM(kg) is excessive and a meme and that portion of kcal would be better replaced by carbs or fats.

Can you stop shitting up my thread with your ideology?
That would result in a 20% difference, which is fine, but another problem is that the new studies I mentioned suggest ~0.7g per pound of lean mass, not just any mass. This could easily result in a 40% difference which is not by any means "around" the suggested.

I see, thanks. I weigh 80kg and was finding great trouble in eating 170g of protein. Guess I can settle for ~90g.

>44488779
There is nothing "excessive" in higher ammounts of protein, in fact higher protein intakes show benefit in body composition, uptowards 2g of protein per POUND of bodyweight at least.

Literally and objectively false, nice bullshit parroting though.

source: chronometer

I have my own graphs too, big boy. 1.6g/LMB in kg is the maximum your body will react to, and that's the equivalent of 0.8g/LMB in pounds.

Don't look at the absorption rates of plant protein user.

You may not like what you find out.

Show proof of this. That is not what I've found to be indicated by the research I've read. Further protein will be oxidised for energy or excreted. Just eating carbs for energy is much more efficient and conducive to gains than oxidising protein, and excreted protein is a comple waste, literally.

There are a bunch of different mechanisms at play.
For starters protein is harder to metabolize into energy than carbs, and much harder to metabolize into energy than fats.
Protein even when past the "nitrogen balance" point still grants benefits in keeping muscle mass up and fat mass DOWN, as shown in various studies that equalled calories in different groups, the groups fed the most protein always had more muscle mass and less fat mass if calories are in check.
This is seen in countless human and animal trials.
Furthermore the type of protein also matters.
Egg and whey protein but specifically whey improve body composition and they further lean the scales to muscle gain and fat loss even when compared to another protein with the exact same amnio acid score in the context of an equal diet.
Whey and milk protein specifically seem to be the ones that further emphasize muscle gain and mitigate fat gain even when calories are at a "balance".

strongerbyscience.com/reflecting-on-five-years-studying-protein/

I ate close to no protein all last year and everything was alright.

I prefer eating herbivores that's why I slaughter and consume vegans.

I have no issues with it, most plant foods have lower protein bioavailability than animal foods, but it highly depends on the form of plant protein.
Usually refined plant foods with little to no fiber have virtually the same bioavailability as meat, like peanut butter for example or rice protein powders.

I'm a whey missile so I don't really care either way.

Start at 0.4g and from there you can increment through as time pass, that is if you don't cycle between cut and bulks. If you do, during cuts you need to significantly increase your proton intake +50% increase at least.

You seem to justify not wanting to eat brotons due to access.

You will find few sources that state you *must* have 1g per lb bodyweight. Most I have read state .8.

.8 is more 'around' 1 than .7

>mandala on shirt
>big V for "vegan"
Vegans have no respect for human culture or tradition. They seek to destroy it, in fact. This is why it is the preferred diet of leftists and other intellectual materialists.