How did you become disciplined, Veeky Forums?

How did you become disciplined, Veeky Forums?

How do you do it?

Heartbreak, anger, existential terror

Bought an alarm clock

fear
shame
pride

You build habits then there's no choice for you to fuck up.

Several years of therapy to learn to deal with mental problems. Learning to recognize and deal with emotions. Supportive people around me. VERY gradual changes to daily routine.

Strangely accurate analysis from Veeky Forums.
Was actually watching that "Fittest on Earth" documentary on Netflix last night (in a hotel on a work trip and nothing to do), and one of the to CrossFit guys on the planet was down on himself and super depressed he was missing like 4pl8 deadlifts for reps in 100 degree heat. Seeing an extremely fit dude fueled by self-hatred have me hope, and totally normalized my own self-loathing, feelings of inadequacy, and loneliness.

Think really hard about where your life will go if you fail to develop discipline.

Start small and incrementally improve. Ex: don't jump into a 1000kcal deficit if you want to lose weight. Instead cut out a snack or swap some sugary bullshit drink for a cup of coffee. Do this consistently for a week and then make another small improvement.

Incremental portions. Instead of instantly changing things and cutting other, through time you set objective and doable goals go after them. Then you improve upon those goals while establishing, whenever possible, new ones. Also awareness and knowledge: for your head it is very different to know things, knowing that you know things, knowing that there are things you don't know and things that you are completely oblivious to its existence.

You have to live it

what the fuck, I didn't realize how fucked people on Veeky Forums are. Not trying to be an asshole, i mean good for you fixing your shit, I'm happy for you.

fear of dying a shitty death, after my dad had a heart attack health became the most discussed topic we talk about so naturally i moved my fatass and built a routine

I really want to bang trans girls (male) and I'm not sure what body type they like so i workout.

What exactly are you struggling with? Hitting the gym is the easiest and most fun part. I struggle with dieting, not because I need to eat a lot (I could go on a 15-days fast easily) but because I can't cook and get all protein. If only I could do that... If only...!

Simple, if you're not disciplined, you're not gonna get results.

You must be pretty new around here

I just stopped deadlifting and now workouts are a total breeze.

>I didn't realize how fucked people on Veeky Forums are
hownew.ru
Probably 95-99% of people on this site have, or had, some sort of mental hang-up.

unironically this. Every day I watch his lectures on is a day I make my apartment look good. Works like clockwork

I stopped thinking about the end goal and started thinking about small steps.

people think disciplined means something that it doesnt

most of it (in my experience) is just having pretty much all of your life be predictable and straightforward and within your capacities to maintain with an excess of energy and time and money and without being emotionally burnt out at the end of the day

then being 'disciplined' is quite simple

this as well

The only right answer

exactly. For me I started viewing it as a lifelong change that would take a year before I even noticed major results. For now, I just track my weight / progress once a week, and compare my overall progress once every 3 months. I don't care if it takes me 3 years, I'm going to make it.
I did my first ever bulk and put on 20 pounds in 5 months, just with visual comparisons by body fat doesn't seem to have gone up much, maybe 1% or something. Started my cut in January (not because new years, just because of timing from when started) and have already lost 4 pounds. I'm starting to see the slightest shape to my chest / abdomen now after fucking 10 years of being skinny fat. It's beautiful.
After all the diets I've completed with success that just faded with time, changing my mindset to the "this is permanent, take it in baby steps" really did make all the difference.
We're going to make it lads.

As soon as people started saying Im fat. Ive been skinnyfat my entire life pretty much but after a tough breakup I kept gaining weight. Once I realized I was becoming fat I immediately started working on myself.

A decade of high stakes suffering.

Wrong
Correct.

Fear at my current state (becoming a fat fuck)
Shame that I let myself get this way
Pride when the changes I make begin to show progress.

In the last 27 days, I've lost 18 pounds from keeping a cut (keto is great for being strict), eating healthy food, and starting to wake up early to exercise in the mornings.

The only things keeping you from disclipine are the weak ass excuses you've made to justify your sloppy habits or ignorance that you haven't fixed.

This. Small steps all the way. It takes a very long time tho.
About three months ago I started writing all the shit I have to do for the next day, even the smallest things like wash my face or floss my teeth (because I was a pretty lazy fuck and would forget about that more often than not). I have on average about 30 things written down every day. There still hasn't been a day where I've completed all things that I wrote down but I've noticed that I do more things now then when I started (about 15-20%). Also I have a better hygiene and lift regularly (still don't complete all the exercises because I'm feeling too tired because I don't sleep well, which is what I'm currently working on) which is an improvement over three months.

I'm hoping that within a year or two I'll be able to complete all the things that I write down every day.