/fat/ GO TO THE FUCKN GYM

is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not Q,TDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>discord
discord.gg/5DMREpw

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

tdeecalculator.net
studiomoh.com/fun/census/results.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Forgive me father for I have sinned. My last confession was December, where I lost 10 lbs.

I have underestimated my intake and stalled my weight loss. I have wasted January and must recalculate my daily expenditure.

I want to binge eat but I'm watching youtube videos instead.

Ate two meals yesterday, 4000 calories instead of 2000. So i'm not eating today.

>Ate two meals yesterday, 4000 calories instead of 2000. So i'm not eating today.

this mentality is why you're a fat fuck

>eating 4000 a day then 0 the next day

stop eating like a retard and plan your meals

feeling kinda bad cuz i might never get to see my abs
that kinda brought me down

>tfw nuts are high in calories
>can't make muh trail mix

I made another thread about this but maybe I will get more help here. I think the calculators are wrong. I'm not losing weight and I am tracking everything. According to the calculators I should lose at least 1# a week at 500 cal deficit. I'm not overestimating. I'm using a scale for meat and measuring cups and spoons for everything else. In 4 months I've lost 3 #. I'm going to the Dr soon because I really think something is wrong.

I did plan my meals. I just ate two yesterday instead of one oopsy

Up your deficit

I'm at 1250-1300 cal a day now. How much lower do I need to go?

Post your meals.

I'm 81kg and 175cm, and eat around 1200kcal a day. I lost 4kg in 3 weeks, but the past week I've lost nothing, and I feel like I've even been stricter (closer to 1200 than 1300 per day)

I'm not exercising, but I will start that soon.

Does this sound normal? I mean, MyFitnessPal won't let met go under 1200kcal.

I’ve been trying to get out for a walk (1-2 hours) every single day, I’ve been really severely depressed for the last few years and haven’t left my house much. I feel so much better after taking a walk with my dog, I’m amazed. There are days when i’m genuinely feeling suicidal and I force myself to go for a walk with my dog and I feel a lot calmer by the end of it

One thing i’ve noticed is my legs get incredibly itchy when i’m walking, I used to think it was my jeans perhaps that I was allergic to but it happens regardless of what i’m wearing. I should mention I was almost completely sedentary before this, anyone else?

Either you are not tracking your weights right or you are not calculating your tdee right. Find or set up an excel sheet that calculates your tdee by comparing weight and calories recorded

Are u sure u r counting calories accurately?

>weights
calories*

I cook the majority of my meals

Download the insight timer app, it has guided meditations and it has helped me with my anxiety, also your leg problem could be bad circulation, try to sit better

You are 100% underestimating your calorie intake.

What do you think the doctor is going to say?

>Yes user, your body does not obey the laws of physics and is capable of generating energy out of nothing

Eat less and be honest with your calorie counts

No, I'm not. I honestly measure and weigh my food, do not eat junk food and claim sedentary on all calculators.

are you working out

Make the food more simple, chicken - veggies - rice in moderation.

Try that for 1-2 weeks and see what happens and very little snacks.

I'm so addicted to food

I made a healthy lunch, spinach, cauliflower, steak, and ate a bit of grapes, but i still crave eating something sweet, holy fuck.

I'm drinking all the water I can take but this fucking sucks

Your calorie in has matched your calories out. You need to increase your calories out. During a cut your brain (more specifically the hypothalamus) is going to slow down your NEAT. So while you may be tracking everything correctly, you aren't necessarily able to specifically measure how much an effect the loss of those NEAT calories are having on you.

My suggestion, is to take a 2-4 week diet break, slowly increase both calories in & out (LISS cardio). This should be long enough to get back some of those natural calories burned through NEAT back up. Resume your cut, every 3 or so months take 2-4 weeks off and do the same thing.

Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis : Any movement not specific for exercise. Some estimates (although it seems high) can be 100-150 calories an hour of waking. Meaning lets say you drop 25 calories an hour and are awake 16 hours, that is a loss of ~400 calories and you likely don't notice that slight difference.

SW: 301.6
CW: 180.8
Weigh in tomorrow. Father give me the strength to fast till then.

I walk 3 miles in AM 5 x week. That's all I can manage at the moment. I work 12 hr shifts at hospital

>stomach getting noticeably smaller all the time
>face seems the same

dude i started basically the same diet as you, i cant post my results yet because im doing it for a week only

Holy fuck what did you eat ? That 4 cans of pringles.

Know that this feeling will pass with time.

It happens sometimes, yes.
If it keeps happening in the next 2 weeks too change something.

Ok. I'll give it a shot. Thx

Ok, I'll try this too. I didn't know this was an issue and figured deficit and the daily walks I do was enough. I'm still probably going to go to a Dr for some blood work for full thyroid and hormone profile tho . I still think something's not right. Thx

But dont think I mean you should starve yourself, eat enough.

I know what you meant. No worrie, I have to eat. I'll find a way to exercise more before I cut my calories any lower. Thx

My 2000cal meal : big tuna sandwich with cheese and onions and cucumber + pomelo + banana. I was supposed to eat only one, and i ended up eating two. But it's k, it's 9pm here and i didn't eat anything today gonna go to bed soon and i'd be fine calories wise.

The thing is, your brain doesn't care what your goals are. Even if overweight your brain sees weight loss as a type of starvation. So it does what it can to conserve calories, which is a big part of the NEAT effect.

Additionally your body will reach homeostasis after a relatively short time of doing something. This is exactly why people say crash diets shouldn't be done longer then 4-6 weeks maximum. Because once you start crash dieting (huge drop in calories and huge increase in cardio) you have nowhere to go.

Say you maintained at 2000 calories and wanted to lose 500 a week. You cut 1750 and burn 250 a week. Eventually your body will hit plataeu, so you now add 2 more sessions of 250 calories burned throughout the week and you restart your weightloss. Later you can cut another 100-200 calories and add another 250 calorie cardio session. etc. Small changes to prevent homeostasis and plateau goes a long way.

But eventually even this runs out. This is why diet break research has started to be looked into. A recent studio showed that a study between ~6 months of straight diet vs 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off diet (when balanced for "calorie loss, IE: the 2 weeks on/off diet took twice as long). Those with diet break loss the same weight, but maintained more muscle mass and combined with the less loss in NEAT calories had a TDEE of ~400 calories higher then those that did a straight 6 month diet. It also meant those doing the diet break were able to better maintain it then those that did 6 months of straight dieting (I think it was something like an 75% increase in their new weight compared to those that straight dieted).

>I'm at 1250-1300 cal a day now.
bullshit

how is that 2000 cal

So do you eat at maintenance calories and just exercise more during the 2 weeks off? I'm kinda confused

How hard it is to lose 20 pounds if I'm a manlet?

loseit says 4 months, is that true?

>how is that 2000 cal
You mean that sounds like more or less than 2000cals? It's a pretty big sandwich

It's not bullshit. I already posted my meals and I weigh and measure, track and claim sedentary. Why is it so hard to believe that weight comes off at different rates for different people sometimes. Maybe I possibly do legit have a hormone problem. Idk. That's why I'm getting blood work done. I am being honest with my food calories and exercise.

Confess.

In the study, yes, they would eat at maintenance. I think 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off is a bit to frequent. The goal is to try find your new maintenance and keep calories as high as possible.

Personally when I was cutting I timed this with my training. I was doing the hypertrophy block (4 weeks) with a complete diet break (even +100-200 calories) for that time before cutting again for 3 months on a power/strength blocks (6 weeks per block).

You don't necessarily need to exercise more if your already say doing 4-6 cardio sessions. But if your doing only 2 sessions, I would say increase it to 4, the reason is so you can eat even more while you maintain.

Time doesn't matter. This is your lifestyle now and this is how you'll eat for the rest of your life.
Enjoy your life in the moment and the rate at which the lbs melt off won't matter.

but yeah 4 mo is totally doable. Could even go faster if you're a real fatass

Don't worry about time. Just eat 250kcal less per day, and if the needle on the scale stops moving, reduce by 250kcal again.

Ok cool. Thanks for the help and clarification

Lads brainlet question but would eating one meal of chicken and veg lose weight over time or do I HAVE to exercise too?

fucking shit lads my manboobs is the only thing keeping me from having a dadbod
i just want them to go awaaayyy

>Why is it so hard to believe that weight comes off at different rates for different people sometimes. Maybe I possibly do legit have a hormone problem. Idk

you're never gonna make it. you are going to be fat forever.

think about me on Jan 26, 2019 when you are sitting at the same fucking weight you are right now with all your excuses lined up nice and neat in a row in front of you. Count them. Let them comfort you.

Meanwhile I'm going to be fucking stacy and won't be thinking about you at all

lifting makes you lose less lean mass on a diet and it will make your bf lower, but you can also lose weight while not lifting, youll just become skinnyfat

Exercise allows you to maintain more muscle mass and will help boost your overall calorie burn slightly and will therefore help you maintain it later, improve how you look later after weight loss (by maintaining as much muscle as possible). Additionally....Exercise lets you eat more for the same weight loss.

Cutting on more calories is always better then cutting on less. Less likely to break, able to maintain the cut longer, typically better resolves post diet, lots of benefits.

I was gonna write something about how I'm not gonna make it but you are right.

I just struggle because I go out so much and there's so much food, but I'll work hard on that, thanks user

I am at the same exact dilema. I'm hoping it is just a plateau that I'll break free soon enough.

maybe you're gonna make it afterall

calendar set for Jan 27, 2019. I'm checking up on you and posting pic related as the thread image

Fuck you. I'm a girl and I'm probably In Better shape than you. I was in the military for 2 years before I became a nurse. Don't talk to me like I don't know what the fuck I'm doing or eating dickhead. Dont talk to me like you know me because you don't. I won't be thinking about you at all. Your in mommas basement yanking it to Stacy on the regular. Fuck off with your beta bullshit. Like fucking a girl is supposed to make someone jealous. God damn idiot

oops, I mean Jan 26

Hi guys, I weight 80 kg and I want to start exercising so should I increase my caloric intake? At this moment I eat about 1500/1600 and the weight isn't going down? What should I do? Just exercise without increasing calories?

>Fuck you. I'm a girl and I'm probably In Better shape than you. I was in the military for 2 years before I became a nurse. Don't talk to me like I don't know what the fuck I'm doing or eating dickhead. Dont talk to me like you know me because you don't. I won't be thinking about you at all. Your in mommas basement yanking it to Stacy on the regular. Fuck off with your beta bullshit. Like fucking a girl is supposed to make someone jealous. God damn idiot

Alright. I am going to start exercising soon anyway. Hopefully that boosts the process up a bit.

if you start lifting likat that you'll lose fat and keep your muscle mass

Nah dude I should reach my goal weight on May, so I'll try to update on June, thanks

lads is there anything i can eat instead of eggs

>girl
>in the military
>fat
like clockwork

I got fat when I got out and went to college for 4 years
and stopped exercising and eating and drinking too much. Military is probably one of the reasons that I still have some muscle definition left atm. I was in very good shape then. My fat is around my middle, no where else.

i know this might sound super boring, but try this for your meals (good luck eating 4000 calories in greens/meat/pickles):

breakfast:
>fruit smoothie (no fucking ice cream or tons of milk)
>eggs

Lunch
HUGE AS FUCK salad (honestly as big as you want):
>spinach
>romaine
>carrots
>olives
>pickles
>pickled beets, artichokes whatever
>raisins
>sunflower seeds
>nuts (cashews, walnuts, almonds etc)
>grilled chicken breast or canned salmon/tuna or flank steak
>lemon juice/vinegar and olive oil

Dinner
>same as lunch

>inb4 too expensive
it's not: eggs are cheap as fuark, produce is cheap, just dont buy pre-cut or washed. nuts/olives/pickles/seeds are cheap IN BULK, can fish is cheap.

regular fish is, yes, expensive, but even fresh chicken isn't that bad

your problem might be that you are a girl
girls have slower metabolism, im a fairly large guy and im eating about the same cals as you and im also not really losing weight

>tfw a meme image i created didn't die immediately

Yeah, good look on the weight loss/gain roller coaster. Over correcting isn't going to help because it will cause you to over eat later. Don't be an idiot. Eat 500 calories under your TDEE and continue to do that rather than sliding all over the place.

Tfw software constantly harassing me to eat more. Yesterday I did a hike and it got mad at me for being like 2000 calories short yesterday when I ate 1560 already

Well i'm still 500 under my tdee on average during the week so whatever you say boss

How correct is myfitnesspal on the calories burned for walking at moderate speed ? It says 1 hour walk is 400kcal burned ?! Surely it cant be that easy to burn that much right ?

More like 150-200. It vastly overestimates calories burned. I don't even count them or eat the calories back because they are so overestimated

5' 11", 200lbs, 24% bf.
Have been lifting on and off for 5 years with nothing to show for it aside from experience on how to physically lift.

That is due to myself sticking to a routine for 3-5 months at a time, then dropping it altogether due to stress/poor discipline.

Tried counting calories, but i just feel so hungry after eating proper meals and not eating at maintenance.

Anyone been through the same thing and have advice?

You eat way too many carbs and not enough protein. Are you doing any sort of resistance training? What do you currently weigh?

I see these "current body" and "progress" threads and i get so jealous.
Ive been working our for 2 months now and so far i havent noticed a difference. I wish i could just fast forward 6 months

i dont like eggs but i love smoothies, i just hate washing out the cup/blades after

salads everyday are expensive :(

Dont input your exercises there. Use the app like youre a sedentary neckbeard locked in his mom's basement.

Also, i usually burn around 300 in a 30 min run at the treadmill

>4 months of lifting and eating properly
>went from 185 to 160(i'm 5'8)
>can do 10 pull ups instead of 2
>can benchpress body weight
>can run 3.8 miles in 30 minutes
>started catching people mirin
>guys at the job ask lifting advice
>some grill even smiled at me when bumped into her around corner

Only took 4 months of commitment

lmaooooooooooooooooooo

I don't think that I do. I eat under 50 carbs most days and protein is usually 75-85 gm per day. Fats are high but that's from olive oil and eggs mostly and the cream cheese on that particular day.
I weigh 165 at 5'3.

I use this calculator.

tdeecalculator.net

Is this the female version of gorila warfare dude?

Cheers lads, I always input it just to track it but dont over eat just in case.

Go under 1200. You won't die. If you're not exercising shoot for 1000

not /fat/izen but that image makes me happy
hes gonna make it

I found a calculator! It's weird though...

>obese
>overeating problem for years
>finally get it under control
>down to ~25% BF
>started lifting
>now can't eat enough

why is it so hard to stuff the right amount of shit in your mouth

I'll start exercising soon. I'll try shoot for around 1000 in the meanwhile.

got a link buddy

link pls

link

Just wait. You can't choose where it'll come off but it will come off.

I count the same but I'm at 1500 a day starting January 1st. My tdee is just over 4.5k, and its mostly lean meats and such.
Ive dropped 20lbs this month alone.

That close the day button or whatever it is on MFP doesn’t do anything other than give you a shit estimate of how much you will lose in the future. I never click it, it’s pointless.

went out last night, drunkenly ordered a large pizza and ate the entire thing. 3000 calories with sides

I will atone father

Not the same dude, but I found the site,

studiomoh.com/fun/census/results.php

Hey that's still under the 3500/1lb range. So while you're weak willed for pulling that shit, at least it wasn't an upper limit binge

Wow how do you get a tdee of 4.5k. How fat are you?